Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Feb 26, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #946 of 992
shame on me :) i should know better after having so many snail-paced email conversations with them! yes, i will try posting on their board instead, thank you.

just a bit about the problem i am having with my nt6-pro - during the lunar new year, a small area of acrylic flaked off my iem shell! yes, flaked off! and during the lunar new year! what a way to begin the new year... i'm afraid the affected area might grow so i am emailing hidition to see if they can fix it without a whole reshell :frowning2:

I'm sure they can fix it easily. I dropped mine and it chipped by the small outlet hole on the part that gets inserted in the ear. I sent it in and they had it back to me fixed for free in 2 days (I live in Korea, and domestic shipping here is all over-night).

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #947 of 992
I'm sure they can fix it easily. I dropped mine and it chipped by the small outlet hole on the part that gets inserted in the ear. I sent it in and they had it back to me fixed for free in 2 days (I live in Korea, and domestic shipping here is all over-night).

thank you, WhiteKnite.
i just reshelled my nt6-pro half a year ago for half a thousand USD and I dont think I want to shell out that kind of money so soon again! :)
if it is alright with you, would you mind sharing how much that repair cost you?

edit: i just realised you said the repair was free. sorry!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #948 of 992
thank you, WhiteKnite.
i just reshelled my nt6-pro half a year ago for half a thousand USD and I dont think I want to shell out that kind of money so soon again! :)
if it is alright with you, would you mind sharing how much that repair cost you?

edit: i just realised you said the repair was free. sorry!

Yeah free, but maybe because i was still in warranty and I had pics of the crack that was forming before the piece broke off when i dropped it on a table. Either way it is likely a very easy fix, and probably cheap since it shouldn't require a reshell.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #950 of 992
I just saw this (translated with Google Translate)

gPQKPH

# Frequency response : 10-19,500hz
# Sound pressure : ~ 110dB (1khz)
# Impedance: ~ 16.5 ohm
# Product price
1) Universal model : 1,617,000 won ( Including VAT )
2) Custom model : 1,672,000 won ( Including tax )
1 year warranty
Car audio : -26dB

Note : The custom and universal models have the same frequency response shape ( but the actual feel is different depending on the wear )
# When purchasing universal products, colors can be customized as you like.

* Art will be provided for the new release in February.

(Please contact us for details)

Thank you.

http://hidition.co.kr/89766

Really interested in these, still rocking those NT-6's :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #952 of 992
ΝΤ6 getting some love from me too

May 26, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #953 of 992
I've just received the NT6 from refit at Hidition.

It was totally worth the wait for the refft, the NT6 have a strong hold inside the ear canal again.

And very nice customer service from Hidition, their staff is very kind and helpful even then they seems to have a hard time talking to foreign customers.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #954 of 992
the NT6 purchase has definitely paid off , only 700 euros and it has served me well for more than 2 years now - and pairs well with every source i tried so far

great bang-for-buck reference CIEM.

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #955 of 992
Looks like the price for Hidition iems have gone up. The current price of NT-6 is now double the price I paid before. At least here in Singapore. Still, the best iem I ever had.

Aug 20, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #957 of 992
the universal version is interesting. NT6 is still my most used iem to date
I heard the universal version for a tour, and I did prefer the NT6 over pro and Viento. I just found the upper mids richer with the NT6, and I believe it when people say NT6 is mid forward. I think the reason why that could be is pro is more V-shaped and Viento may recess comparatively in the upper mids on the NT6.

I thought the universal version sounded bright for all 3. The funny thing is, I don't recall the custom version being so bright. I'm wondering the possibility that custom fit has such an effect on the signature heard. I know I'm sensitive to lower treble brightness as it was the same time I first tried the HD800 and found them too bright for my taste. So, it's odd that I found the universal at a later time to be bright.

Lately, I'm starting to get how significant effect fit has on in-ears. Wrong type tips can effect FR and also sound stage, L & R balance, and bass. Slightly better fit can make a huge difference in sound I noticed. And our ears in general are not symetric. Fit is quite important. So, with this thought, I wondered the possibility of significant sound difference of universal and custom.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #958 of 992
Problem with universal is seal. Hence, the perception of brightness. My custom NT6 gives the most isolation among my custom iems because it goes deep into my ear canal.

After I got my Cascade, I appreciate the bass on my NT6 even more. As it is the most natural sounding 2 me. Doesnt go as deep or as big as the cascade but the detail/layers have very clear and well define body while it may sound like a bloat on my UE18+ or Roxanne and thin on my PP8.

Aug 21, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #959 of 992
@headwhacker Did you have a chance listen to Oriolus Mellianus and Unique Melody Mason V3? I was told those two IEMs are at the moment the best on the market. I would like to know how they compare to NT-6. For me is like impossible to demo them.

Aug 21, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #960 of 992
Problem with universal is seal. Hence, the perception of brightness. My custom NT6 gives the most isolation among my custom iems because it goes deep into my ear canal.

After I got my Cascade, I appreciate the bass on my NT6 even more. As it is the most natural sounding 2 me. Doesnt go as deep or as big as the cascade but the detail/layers have very clear and well define body while it may sound like a bloat on my UE18+ or Roxanne and thin on my PP8.
When I had it, I also found it really natural sounding. I thought the bass was plenty, neutral, and well defined. There was so much hype of UERM at the time and comparatively, I thought that UERM wasn't anything special.

I'm was considering to get another made after I had an incident with my first one (lost an earpiece after loose connection), and then heard the universal demo on the tour. Now, I'm curious if custom fit sounds better like I remember (not so bright).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back