Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Apr 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #901 of 992
BTW, Hidition says that the tour kit has been sent, but I don't have the tracking info yet to confirm. But soon, I will be able to converse about pro vs. non as well as custom vs. universal. Will be setting up a tour thread soon and announcing here, and there, and the other place. 
redface.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #902 of 992

Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Now Live for Signups, May Kickoff

Good news, I have received the demo kit and am not live on the thread for signups. For all US Head-Fiers, feel free to sign up and tell your friends.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/845110/hidition-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-nt6pro-nt6-and-viento-starting-may-2017

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #903 of 992

Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Now Live for Signups, May Kickoff

Good news, I have received the demo kit and am not live on the thread for signups. For all US Head-Fiers, feel free to sign up and tell your friends.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/845110/hidition-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-nt6pro-nt6-and-viento-starting-may-2017

Funny how I feel jealous of those who are able to participate even though I live 30 minutes from a hidition store, haha.  Mostly because I never got to spend a full week with them.  Anyway, I only had to listen to a few songs on NT6, NT6P, and Viento to realize the NT6 pro were what I was looking for.  

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #904 of 992
I have NT6 for sale

Aug 6, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #905 of 992
Pretty quite here in a while. Anyways, I have been trying different DAPs with NT-6. I managed to get an AK240SS used and QP2R. I'd say that after comparisons with my iems and with different sources. NT6 is still on top of my list. (UE18+Pro close second as a warm alternative, and Fitear 333 third as a more energetic and brighter alternative)

Now as far as DAPs/sources go while NT6 sounds good on most sources I find QP2R gives NT6 the best overall performance on different genres I tried. I believe people also like the QP1R/NT6 combo. I have decided to get the QP2R myself after several demos I did the past couple of months. AK240SS is a very close second, the consistent difference I notice is the NT6 has more depth with QP2R than AK240SS. Otherwise, they are very close in terms of SQ. Take note this is noticeable only with critical listening. Casually, I don't think the difference is noticeable.

While I like NT6/LPG combo I mentioned before, listening to NT6 with QP2R/AK240SS has made me notice how small the soundstage presentation on LPG, but it still gives NT6 the high energy and aggressiveness that appeals to many. But to me LPG overall is on 3rd place in terms of my preference as far as NT6 goes. Sadly, the combination of the 3 DAPs shows the weakness of DX200. No matter what I tried (different firmware, filters) I find DX200 makes NT-6 and all of my headphones sharp and hard sounding. To a point that it becomes fatiguing very easily on higher volumes.

Aug 6, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #906 of 992
i really liked my NT6 with the IDSD Micro Black Label , really blew away my ZX2

i am waiting for a WM1A , and then will see if it's time to get a BL

also waiting for a Zeus XR to arrive , should be a good test on NT6 which i find simply excellent especially when paired with the Hybrid whiplash 8-con cable

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #907 of 992
update on a rather slow thread (well not much hype around these little babies i guess)

NT6 pairs great with WM1A , in fact i have not found a source/dap yet that NT6 did not pair well - a true chameleon CIEM imo

also i got my Zeus XR and NT6 still get listening time so that says a lot about them- really i am awed at how clear/transparent these little buggers sound

and i gotta say again , amazing matching with the whiplash hybrid v3 cable

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #908 of 992
I've been using mine on a mojo with a DIY hybrid cable. Sounds great! Had to send them in for A/S repair though because the right side had developed a rattle.

9924006.jpg

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #909 of 992
I've been using mine on a mojo with a DIY hybrid cable. Sounds great! Had to send them in for A/S repair though because the right side had developed a rattle.

At least you have direct access to Hidition. If mine breaks again, I think that will be it. I have tried quite a few iems/headphones since I got my NT-6, it is stil one of my favorites. Actually if I need isolation and can't use huge headphones. NT-6 is usually my go to iem. My trifecta nowadays is NT6/iSine20/Aeon.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #910 of 992
At least you have direct access to Hidition. If mine breaks again, I think that will be it. I have tried quite a few iems/headphones since I got my NT-6, it is stil one of my favorites. Actually if I need isolation and can't use huge headphones. NT-6 is usually my go to iem. My trifecta nowadays is NT6/iSine20/Aeon.

I sent mine back for repair not long ago. It took about two months for me to get it back, which I think is fine.
It was a really expensive repair though in my opinion, although I haven't had a lot of experience with other manufacturers. I was also a little bummed when I received an invoice from FedEx yesterday. Apparently Hidition billed the shipping charges for the return trip to me...

Anyway, I think their customer service has improved. It is sometimes still hit-and-miss, but I mostly get (multiple) replies on the same day (weekdays). Sometimes I can send a few emails and get no replies, but I found that creating a new thread rather than replying in the same thread for email tends to give me more replies.

Overall, i think their customer service has been satisfactory. Unless I'm nitpicking there's nothing worth complaining about ^_^

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #911 of 992
I sent mine back for repair not long ago. It took about two months for me to get it back, which I think is fine.
It was a really expensive repair though in my opinion, although I haven't had a lot of experience with other manufacturers. I was also a little bummed when I received an invoice from FedEx yesterday. Apparently Hidition billed the shipping charges for the return trip to me...

Anyway, I think their customer service has improved. It is sometimes still hit-and-miss, but I mostly get (multiple) replies on the same day (weekdays). Sometimes I can send a few emails and get no replies, but I found that creating a new thread rather than replying in the same thread for email tends to give me more replies.

Overall, i think their customer service has been satisfactory. Unless I'm nitpicking there's nothing worth complaining about ^_^

They already repaired mine (just sent on Wed) and will send them back tomorrow they said. They charged me for shipping too, but it was only about $3 USD for over-night because it is domestic and Korea is small :p. The repairs were fairly minor and were covered under the warranty. I had a rattle in the right side and a hair line crack, and the left side cable was cutting out.

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #912 of 992
They already repaired mine (just sent on Wed) and will send them back tomorrow they said. They charged me for shipping too, but it was only about $3 USD for over-night because it is domestic and Korea is small :p. The repairs were fairly minor and were covered under the warranty. I had a rattle in the right side and a hair line crack, and the left side cable was cutting out.
yours sound worst that mine when I sent it for repair. Good for you, just in Hidition's backyard

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #913 of 992
yours sound worst that mine when I sent it for repair. Good for you, just in Hidition's backyard
Yeah it is nice to be able to take them in to an official retailer 20 minutes from my house and have them send it to Seoul.

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #914 of 992
Nice review, thanks. I'm looking into these because I want a CIEM and I currently love HFx/ER4x series. I love my trebles/mids and don't like too much bass.

I would be driving this through an iPhone/Laptop and am not willing to get an amp.

Does this sound it would be a good fit for me?

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #915 of 992
Nice review, thanks. I'm looking into these because I want a CIEM and I currently love HFx/ER4x series. I love my trebles/mids and don't like too much bass.

I would be driving this through an iPhone/Laptop and am not willing to get an amp.

Does this sound it would be a good fit for me?

I would recommend at least a portable DAC/Amp for any high end iem/ciem. The standard NT6 (not the pro) would fit what you described as your preference pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back