Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jul 15, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #586 of 992
well , NT6 is so good that i decided to sell my ck10 as well (which average joe has mentioned it reminds nt6 a bit)

so in a month since i got my NT6 i have sold/traded all my other (c)iems i have/had (um miracles/anzu v2/ck10) , i am that pleased with NT6 

now if i could terminate my hybrid cable into sony zx2 trrs

Jul 15, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #587 of 992
  well , NT6 is so good that i decided to sell my ck10 as well (which average joe has mentioned it reminds nt6 a bit)

so in a month since i got my NT6 i have sold/traded all my other (c)iems i have/had (um miracles/anzu v2/ck10) , i am that pleased with NT6 

now if i could terminate my hybrid cable into sony zx2 trrs

That really speaks a lot about the NT6! Since I had gotten my NT6 Pro's I have not browsed online for a new IEM :D Never been more contented with my current setup with the DP-X1.

Just out of curiosity, what sources do you guys use your NT6 (Pro)'s with?

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #588 of 992

Just out of curiosity, what sources do you guys use your NT6 (Pro)'s with?

zx2 (japan) , dx80 

i will also post this great review of the combo/synergy between NT6+ hybrid cable

AJ is so spot-on, the hybrid cable really makes my NT6 SING 
biggrin.gif

first time in 6 years here that i feel like i have found the (c)iem sound i had been dreaming all along (and zero urge to upgrade)

http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/hidition-nt-6-whiplash-hybrid-v3/

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #589 of 992
Null audio in SG has the demo set of both NT-6 and NT-6 Pro. I spent around 30 minutes comparing the 2 and I end up getting the vanilla NT-6.

The pro is just too bright and harsh for me compared to NT-6. The pro has noticeably a bit more bass body but I feel it just made the mids a bit laid back considering it is brighter and a bit harsher.

However, both has indeed outstanding clarity. I say better than my Roxanne with the bass pot turned all the way down. I say it also sounded more natural like the cymbal reverbs are well presented where Roxanne tends to mask the tail end and just cut it off all of a sudden.

The NT-6 is well balanced in presentation and I can hear the smallest detail with outstanding clarity from top to bottom.

It is overall bright but very detailed and not harsh. I managed to listen to it at a higher than usual volume level and it maintains the level of balance, detail and control without adding harshness up top.

This comparison is done with AK320 as the source

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #590 of 992
Null audio in SG has the demo set of both NT-6 and NT-6 Pro. I spent around 30 minutes comparing the 2 and I end up getting the vanilla NT-6.

The pro is just too bright and harsh for me compared to NT-6. The pro has noticeably a bit more bass body but I feel it just made the mids a bit laid back considering it is brighter and a bit harsher.

However, both has indeed outstanding clarity. I say better than my Roxanne with the bass pot turned all the way down. I say it also sounded more natural like the cymbal reverbs are well presented where Roxanne tends to mask the tail end and just cut it off all of a sudden.

The NT-6 is well balanced in presentation and I can hear the smallest detail with outstanding clarity from top to bottom.

It is overall bright but very detailed and not harsh. I managed to listen to it at a higher than usual volume level and it maintains the level of balance, detail and control without adding harshness up top.

I've had my NT6pro since 2011 and while very treble sensitive, never have found my pro bright. Maybe they had a different tuning then or I have a one off that is different. However, everythings else you mention is dead on - transparent, detailed, and very dynamic. Anyways, the last 5 years it has evolved in sound from fantastic to even better. It stands its ground against the likes of the 009, abyss, and LCD4 given a good source - Ygg/Rok and up. Still would take the full sized HP over the CIEM for pure SQ, but it is not far off and much more convenient.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #591 of 992
  I've had my NT6pro since 2011 and while very treble sensitive, never have found my pro bright. Maybe they had a different tuning then or I have a one off that is different. However, everythings else you mention is dead on - transparent, detailed, and very dynamic. Anyways, the last 5 years it has evolved in sound from fantastic to even better. It stands its ground against the likes of the 009, abyss, and LCD4 given a good source - Ygg/Rok and up. Still would take the full sized HP over the CIEM for pure SQ, but it is not far off and much more convenient.

As far as clarity, detail and transparency they sound very similar. I think it's just my FR preference that made me go for NT-6. I agree that you can compare both with a full-size headphone. The tonal balance and stage/imaging is comparable to a headphone like the AKT8ie.

I recently tried the universal Angie and they don't sound entirely different than the original Roxanne, despite the new design and supposedly better crossover network.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #592 of 992

Did you have your impressions taken at Null Audio?
The turnaround time for Hidition should be rather fast - I received mine in less than a month - so you can expect yours to pop up at your doorstep not too long later!
Anyway, do show us your NT-6 when they arrive!

Jul 25, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #593 of 992
  Did you have your impressions taken at Null Audio?
The turnaround time for Hidition should be rather fast - I received mine in less than a month - so you can expect yours to pop up at your doorstep not too long later!
Anyway, do show us your NT-6 when they arrive!

Yes I had my impressions taken by Null Audio. It's free so, no reason to get it somewhere else. As far as I can remember, they did the same procedure getting my impressions as the Audiologist from Digisound where I got my imoressions before.

They told me 6 - 7 weeks of lead time. Hope it's quicker than that. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #594 of 992
NT6 is a reference beast, that also comes with a musical and balanced signature

i have never been a hype guy and always point the weaknesses in the stuff i buy - the 'holy cow/sheep fanboy' syndrome is not my cup of tea and i don't like bull-****ting myself(or other members in here) so i tell it like i see(hear) it

so far, i can not pinpoint any sonic weaknesses - in fact my next purchase (if there is any later)  will be something i want and not something i need

i have owned K3003 / UM Miracles / CA anzu , and although all these are considered(and are) very good (c)iems , i feel that NT6 is clearly a step(or two) better than all of them

nt6 smokes them all, easily.

to be honest, i am a bit amazed it is not more popular in here - especially from head-fiers who want a 'reference' sound

maybe it is because  in a sea of many good products , what surfaces here as the most popular is not really the 'best' - it is just the more popular product

it's like music - U2 and Foo fighters sell more than Porcupine Tree , and are considered rock gods

but once you pass the hype, you undestand easily how PT eat U2 and FF for breakfast&lunch&dinner 

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #595 of 992
I think being a Korean company (in a sense, english is not their native language)  and judging by their website, most people
(outside of Korea) won't take them seriously like the more popular brand. I for one will not take the plunge if I don't have the chance to listen to them first.

I agree for the SQ alone and its technical abilities NT-6 smokes most of iems out there even the most expensive ones. But for the first time buyer, the hassle, wait period and risk of making a custom iem people will most like go with the known brands. That's how I ended up getting my first ciem from JHAudio.

But as we all learned in this hobby, not anything new nor expensive means a product is better. In the end you will still be the judge regardless of hype.

Not everyone will like NT-6, but for people who looks for a neutral to bright headphones, NT-6 will not disappoint at the very least. Considering how old NT-6 in the market it's amazing it can easily match or to some extend exceed newer iems in clarity and resolution alone.

In today's marketing driven audio industry, it will be very difficult to convince the majority of audiophiles that NT-6 is better than other brand that uses more drivers. I bet many thinks the NT-6 is already inferior because it only has 6 drivers compared to 12 on other brands TOTL offerings and because it is already an old product.

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #596 of 992
  I think being a Korean company (in a sense, english is not their native language)  and judging by their website, most people
(outside of Korea) won't take them seriously like the more popular brand. I for one will not take the plunge if I don't have the chance to listen to them first.

I agree for the SQ alone and its technical abilities NT-6 smokes most of iems out there even the most expensive ones. But for the first time buyer, the hassle, wait period and risk of making a custom iem people will most like go with the known brands. That's how I ended up getting my first ciem from JHAudio.

But as we all learned in this hobby, not anything new nor expensive means a product is better. In the end you will still be the judge regardless of hype.

Not everyone will like NT-6, but for people who looks for a neutral to bright headphones, NT-6 will not disappoint at the very least. Considering how old NT-6 in the market it's amazing it can easily match or to some extend exceed newer iems in clarity and resolution alone.

In today's marketing driven audio industry, it will be very difficult to convince the majority of audiophiles that NT-6 is better than other brand that uses more drivers. I bet many thinks the NT-6 is already inferior because it only has 6 drivers compared to 12 on other brands TOTL offerings and because it is already an old product.

you are a very wise/intelligent dude, congrats 
beerchug.gif

btw, i see you ordered a NT-6 , so a friendly advice

try pairing it with a nice cable like whiplash hybrid v3 (i mention this cause it's the one that @Average Joe praised and he was so, SO right) - you will be amazed at the synergy and how much more than a neutral/bright CIEM it becomes 
basshead.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #597 of 992

Agree.  Love the clarity on the NT-6, and it has the best mids I've ever heard.  My idea of details are how much I'm hearing compared to others.  I can only describe the sound to a visual object.  It's akin to seeing all the shapes of the object.  NT-6 was my stopping point.  Perhaps sound can get better(I imagine not by much if there is "better." Layla certainly wasn't better, actually worse.).  Perhaps brightness can get tamed down a bit(weirdly, it's felt in extended listing depending on the recording.  Audiophile recordings are typically smooth, so no issues there).  But, the point is, I hear more.  Perhaps the mids are enhance to some degree.  Don't matter, I like more. LOL. 

I would bet there are other phones with mids enhanced, but can they technically achieve the level of transparency of the NT-6?  Dunno, NT-6 is pretty transparent.  Most transparent I've heard.

Dunno what balanced really is, but NT-6 is pretty revealing.  Maybe balanced according to the chart, maybe mid enhanced to some.  

NT-6 does match well with AK series sources for some reason.  I have not had so much fun with another IEM to try out with various sources. NT-6 is the one that I feel that enhancements can be noticed with better sources for it.

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #598 of 992
i am putting again @tupac0306  chart review, since it includes many TOTL ciems 

according to him , NT6 fares better than many TOTL ciems out there (in fact only se5 scores better...)

and anyone fearing that NT6 sounds sibilant/trebly , i get zero sibilance

in fact with the hybrid v3 cable , it is by far the most balanced (c)iem i have heard so far 

first iem i own that i can not find something bad to say about it 

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #599 of 992
anyone here pairing his NT6 with the cowon P1 ? impressions , is the synergy good ?

on another topic, i am sad to see this amazing ciem not getting the love it deserves , well i guess being from a Korean company with zero presence here makes it hard for people to get it

thanx again to @Average Joe  and @joker for showing us what a beast this ciem is 
beerchug.gif

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #600 of 992
  i am putting again @tupac0306  chart review, since it includes many TOTL ciems 

according to him , NT6 fares better than many TOTL ciems out there (in fact only se5 scores better...)

and anyone fearing that NT6 sounds sibilant/trebly , i get zero sibilance

in fact with the hybrid v3 cable , it is by far the most balanced (c)iem i have heard so far 

first iem i own that i can not find something bad to say about it 

You take me here @proedros, is this chart real , NT6 rank higher than K10. Somebody say K10 is the best out there. it's a big surprise for me !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back