Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jun 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #571 of 992
  Wow! I didn't expect that long answer so fast!  Nice genre spread;] I noticed NT6 works best with natural instruments plus vocals of course. But I feel like they need some bass and treble temper with electronic music, just a bit. Would that Whiplash hybrid brings some of those options? 

i went straight for the Hybrid cable and never even thought of trying the stock cable (which let's face it , all of them kinda suck 
tongue.gif
 )

like i said , with the Hybrid cable, the lows are robust (but never bloaty) , the mids are present and musical (i sold my anzu v2 cause i found the mids recessed and distant) , and the highs are airy and sparkly but with zero sibilance

i just hear a unified spectrum , with no shortcomings or shouty/peaky areas anywhere

more people using NT6 + good hybrid cables should step up and chip in , but me personally - i feel like i have the CIEM i was looking for ever since i joined this maddening place 
tongue.gif
 6 years ago

i like airy / detailed sound (like my re272/ck10/eq5 show) but they usually sacrifice something in the lows/mids section - the NT6+whiplash hybrid v3 combo is a revelation to me , zero complaints whatsoever

in fact, i am so impressed with them , that i want to write a small 5-star review about them (and i have never written a review in here ever 
wink.gif
 )

wait till you get the hybrid cable , i think you are in for a ride 
L3000.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #572 of 992
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hidition-nt-6/reviews/16237

impressed.

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #573 of 992
I for one did not like the pairing of my NT6/Hybrid V3 with the Mojo at all. It always started great but then on some songs there was too much (I think/hope I'm using the right term here) sibilance. Also, the NT6 is already very good with details as well as the Mojo. But that resulted in detail-overload. I would constantly adjust the volume, because I wanted to to hear specific thing louder, but that got fatiguing, So, i got the X7 in stead and have been happy ever since. AM3 is on it's way and I'm getting my Hybrid V3 reterminated to 2.5 TRRS.

Still want to point out that the Mojo is an incredible device, used it in my home system. Could compete with Minimax Plus equipped with Dexa Discrete SE opamps. For me the NT6 and Mojo pairing is a perfect example of bad synergy.

YMMV and I am interested to hear other opinions on this pairing. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #574 of 992
  I for one did not like the pairing of my NT6/Hybrid V3 with the Mojo at all. It always started great but then on some songs there was too much (I think/hope I'm using the right term here) sibilance. Also, the NT6 is already very good with details as well as the Mojo. But that resulted in detail-overload. I would constantly adjust the volume, because I wanted to to hear specific thing louder, but that got fatiguing, So, i got the X7 in stead and have been happy ever since. AM3 is on it's way and I'm getting my Hybrid V3 reterminated to 2.5 TRRS.

Still want to point out that the Mojo is an incredible device, used it in my home system. Could compete with Minimax Plus equipped with Dexa Discrete SE opamps. For me the NT6 and Mojo pairing is a perfect example of bad synergy.

YMMV and I am interested to hear other opinions on this pairing. 

where are you getting your V3 reterminated to 2.5 TRRS ?

and thanx for the 'bad synergy' quote , guess Mojo is not something i need 

cheers

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #575 of 992

where are you getting your V3 reterminated to 2.5 TRRS ?

I have emailed Craig (from Whiplash Audio) about this, awaiting response. But at this moment I'm not sure it's is possible. The website is a bit a mess. There is a mention of the 2.5 TRRS option in the modular design but  that's not Hybrid. My dreams might be shattered :frowning2:

I'll just  wait until I hear from him and report back.

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #576 of 992
Or you could definitely get a trusted DIYer to reterminate the cable for you. Of course this will eliminate any firm of warranty but at least you would have (most likely) fast, responsive and direct control of what you would like done to your cable. At least that's in my case, as my friend is a DIYer.

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #577 of 992

We are able to help you out with that. Simply send us an email if interested.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 23, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #578 of 992
3 weeks in , the NT6+whiplash Hybrid v3 combo continues to be ama-******-zing 
biggrin.gif

i think i can live with just this CIEM for a long time , maybe buy one more good cable down the road (although the hybrid synergy is great , zero complaints there)

if you like detailed yet musical sound  , do yourself a favor and search for one of these babies - you won't be dissapointed

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #579 of 992
any NT6 owners that use the idsd micro ?

impressions / does it elevate NT6 even more ?

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #580 of 992
so after using the NT6+whiplash hybrid v3 cable , i noticed that i had connected cable/ciem in the opposite order

the right cable (red) on the left earpiece and the left cable (blue) on the right earpiece

maybe it's my mind playing tricks , but i think the sound sounds better ? 
rolleyes.gif

is this possible , due to reversed/wrong cable connection ?

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #581 of 992
  so after using the NT6+whiplash hybrid v3 cable , i noticed that i had connected cable/ciem in the opposite order

the right cable (red) on the left earpiece and the left cable (blue) on the right earpiece

maybe it's my mind playing tricks , but i think the sound sounds better ? 
rolleyes.gif

is this possible , due to reversed/wrong cable connection ?

Don't think so, I think it's just your brain got used to the sound, it might take sometime to adjust back :)

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #582 of 992
  Don't think so, I think it's just your brain got used to the sound, it might take sometime to adjust back :)

well it still sounds awesome anyway 
tongue.gif

which cable are you using your NT6 with ?

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #583 of 992
Jul 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #584 of 992
  Same as yours. :)

i am honored, seeing what kind of CIEMs you have in your signature

guess i made a good choice
tongue.gif
 (and i don't have any upgraditis urges -yet) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back