Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Apr 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #526 of 992
Guess i'm the only one that get's bothered by the effects of inverted polarity.

Hidition Stock cable is made of copper.
No idea if they have changed it, but Hidition had build 0.80 mm sockets instead of 0.78mm into my NT6.
The only cable that didn't flushed out was the stock one, as it had 0.80mm pins themselves.
So the connectors were loose from the very beginning on my unit.

This is true, I have noticed other cable pins are a little slippery and can fall out easier. Sucks if u tuck the phones in your shirt and it pops out the sockets and you drop and/or lose your headphone.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #527 of 992
Im using liz reference silver cable from ted. His website is headphonelounge.com really good buy.

isn't the silver cable supposed to enhance highs ? and isn't NT6  an already bright ciem ? 

i was thinking that i should acquire a more lows/mids focused cable , or am i wrong here ?

also does anyne know , since i read abut the sckets thing , if reshelling them fixes the problem ? i have sent mine to Custom Arts for reshelling

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #528 of 992

Im using liz reference silver cable from ted. His website is headphonelounge.com really good buy.

isn't the silver cable supposed to enhance highs ? and isn't NT6  an already bright ciem ? 

i was thinking that i should acquire a more lows/mids focused cable , or am i wrong here ?

also does anyne know , since i read abut the sckets thing , if reshelling them fixes the problem ? i have sent mine to Custom Arts for reshelling

I have the NT6pro which is supposed to be brighter and bassier than the non-pro, but still prefer my Ted's Silver litz to my Moon Audio Black Dragon. The silver vs. copper conversation is more of a transparent verses thicker signature conversation. The silver plays well into the NT6 transparency amping its skills. Think getting noise out of the way verses enhancing treble providing a smoother sound without abrasiveness.

The Black Dragon is still fun at times with EDM, but I miss the detail and transparency and go back in short order.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #529 of 992
i have a Silver Dragon TRRS zx2 cable , will try it with Nt6 and see their synergy

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #531 of 992
On theheadphonelist.com they recommend Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable to lift performance and smooth out top end, anything comparable to this one? Something lighter and cheaper would be nice.  

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #532 of 992
On theheadphonelist.com they recommend Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable to lift performance and smooth out top end, anything comparable to this one? Something lighter and cheaper would be nice.  
his review was based on having the first version of NT6 ....I commented on that review asking about it. I have ver. 2 so the result may be different i dont know, not willing to blow $500 just to find out either. Found my dream sound with the liz ref silver cable. Tight bass spacial highs. Transpancy off the charts like beyer T1 or stax level. Dynamics amazing everything is perfectly reference and transparent. End game reference sound

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #533 of 992
his review was based on having the first version of NT6 ....I commented on that review asking about it. I have ver. 2 so the result may be different i dont know, not willing to blow $500 just to find out either. Found my dream sound with the liz ref silver cable. Tight bass spacial highs. Transpancy off the charts like beyer T1 or stax level. Dynamics amazing everything is perfectly reference and transparent. End game reference sound

price/link ?

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #534 of 992
May 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #535 of 992
any more cables recommendations for the NT6 ?

very eager to hear it 
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #536 of 992
It's strange, when my NT6 first arrived, I liked the sound but I found it slightly to harsh, with FiiO X5. At that same time I found a used Whiplash V3 Hybrid, which I bought. Now my V3 is broken, and I switched back to the stock cable, now with FiiO X7. I really like the sound of the stock cable, I can't really compare at the moment. Gonna test it with the X5 which I still have, to see if I find it still to harsh. Maybe my ears/brain have adjusted over time. Still, back then I found the V3 to be worthwhile upgrade. I'm gonna get it fixed and have it equipped with a 2.5 TRRS, for when the balanced module comes out.

Is it worth $500: for me it is, it lifts the NT6 to an even higher level, and also because of the sturdiness (current malfunction aside).

May 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #537 of 992
my NT6 are over at @piotrus-g  , and reshelling time has begun counting finally

June is gonna be sweet 
tongue.gif

if anyone here has for sale a cable that pairs well with NT6 (and costs around 200 euros tops) give me a pm

cheers

May 16, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #538 of 992

is this the one ?

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/new-twag-v3-and-twcu-v3-hybrid-iem-repalcemnt-cable.html

May 17, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #540 of 992
  It's strange, when my NT6 first arrived, I liked the sound but I found it slightly to harsh, with FiiO X5. At that same time I found a used Whiplash V3 Hybrid, which I bought. Now my V3 is broken, and I switched back to the stock cable, now with FiiO X7. I really like the sound of the stock cable, I can't really compare at the moment. Gonna test it with the X5 which I still have, to see if I find it still to harsh. Maybe my ears/brain have adjusted over time. Still, back then I found the V3 to be worthwhile upgrade. I'm gonna get it fixed and have it equipped with a 2.5 TRRS, for when the balanced module comes out.

Is it worth $500: for me it is, it lifts the NT6 to an even higher level, and also because of the sturdiness (current malfunction aside).

well , let's see what the fuss is all about , i just bought a used Hybrid cable.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back