Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Dec 3, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #691 of 992
It really sucks even Null audio is getting a hard time communicating to them which is there only dealer in Singapore. My NT-6 also needs repair just after 1 month.

I also missed the clarity of NT-6. Which lead me to look for something similar. Fitear 333 is as close if not on the same level. Also built like a tank. Now I have to wait at least 6 weeks to get my hands on it.

I'm having trouble getting a reply from null audio too. Got a cable for my NT6 from them and the pins are too small so the audio just keeps cutting out.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #692 of 992
I'm having trouble getting a reply from null audio too. Got a cable for my NT6 from them and the pins are too small so the audio just keeps cutting out.

They usually reply a couple of days after you send a mail. Not encouraging as well but a bit better than nothing from hidition

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #693 of 992

if you have money to burn , i recommend 101% this cable , makes my NT6 sing 

Whiplash Hybrid V3 

kinda expensive , but i don't think you will have any more cable upgraditis thoughts - tames the highs without blurring them / fills the mids without making them all surupy

a great job by @SACD-Man

if only i could find a cable for my EE athena that produces the same magical synergy 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #694 of 992

HELP!!!! Are there any Korean speakers on this thread that can help Pondu and myself out by calling Hidition for us? We both have the same repair and have been trying since October to get through to Hidition via email without a single response. We miss our NT6's very much and would love to get them repaired, but do not speak Korean to call directly. We are getting desperate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It really sucks even Null audio is getting a hard time communicating to them which is there only dealer in Singapore. My NT-6 also needs repair just after 1 month.

I also missed the clarity of NT-6. Which lead me to look for something similar. Fitear 333 is as close if not on the same level. Also built like a tank. Now I have to wait at least 6 weeks to get my hands on it.

What happened to yours? Pondu and I both had a cable pin snap deep inside our socket requiring a socket replacement. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #695 of 992
What happened to yours? Pondu and I both had a cable pin snap deep inside our socket requiring a socket replacement. 

The right monitor developed a very audible distortion. At first, I thought it was the recording which NT-6 is revealing when I am going through my music library. But when I listened to tracks which I know are well recorded that is when I suspected something is wrong.

I switched the left channel cable to the right and the right monitor still exhibiting a crackling/distorted sound. Especially the high pitched notes of a vocal. This I suspect something is wrong with the mid drivers on my right monitor. Tried different sources and compared to other iems and the distortion only appears on my NT-6's right monitor.

I think your issue might be better off getting it re-shelled by a third party. As for me I don't know for how long this is going to be fixed considering the lack of response from hidition.

I understand the lack of english-speaking employee but we are in an age where online translator is around and free and internet access is like a commodity especially in Korea. The lack of effort is bery concerning. I was considering getting the PRO as well but I'll put that on hold till my NT-6 is sorted out

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #696 of 992
BTW Have you guys tried posting here?  http://hidition.co.kr/freeboard

Seems to be their preferred channel for A/S support.  

And year to change the connector I'm pretty sure you'll need a reshell.  I think it was around $450-$500 to reshell

Turns out it is $190 for a re-shell

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #697 of 992
  BTW Have you guys tried posting here?  http://hidition.co.kr/freeboard

Seems to be their preferred channel for A/S support.  

And year to change the connector I'm pretty sure you'll need a reshell.  I think it was around $450-$500 to reshell 
rolleyes.gif

@piotrus-g  at custom arts reshelled my NT6 , you can try there as well i guess for much cheaper

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #698 of 992
And unlike Hidition, he is very responsive. I am really disappointed by Hidition and very tempted to try Piotr's reshell. When I read your impressions, it's pretty obvious that he does a great job.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #699 of 992
great guy , eager to help with anything coming up, and very competitive prices - when my NT6 shell broke cause it fell down , he fixed it for something like 40 euros shipping included ( it counted as 2nd reshell by him so prices fall way low then - that's why i find paying 400-500 euros too much, imho)

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #700 of 992
  great guy , eager to help with anything coming up, and very competitive prices - when my NT6 shell broke cause it fell down , he fixed it for something like 40 euros shipping included ( it counted as 2nd reshell by him so prices fall way low then - that's why i find paying 400-500 euros too much, imho)

AH sorry guys, I was looking at the wrong price list.  That price was to create a custom 6 driver with your own supplied drivers or something.  the actual price for reshell is 220,000원 which is  around $190.  

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #701 of 992
So I got a Null Audio Arete remote cable for use with my NT6 and the pins do not fit correctly.  Just a heads up if anyone is considering the NA cables.  The pins were too loose and would cut out if the connectors moved side to side at all.  I talked to their support and they insisted their pins are the correct size and both my Effect Audio and Stock NT6 cables pins are too large.  They also said they tested it with the NT6 and it worked fine... so my connectors must be stretched despite the fact that my NT6 are brand new and work fine with other cables. They suggested flattening the pins which I know is an option but shouldn't be necessary on a "premium" cable.  Well, I flattened it in small vise very gently and their cheap plastic connector just crumbled... Like it was already cracked or something.  I don't understand how such little pressure on the pins themselves could cause the entire housing to crumble.  Just glad nothing broke off inside my connector. That's the last time I buy from Null Audio 
rolleyes.gif
   Luckily I am good with a soldering iron so I'll just replace their cheap connectors with some high quality connectors of the correct size.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #702 of 992
  So I got a Null Audio Arete remote cable for use with my NT6 and the pins do not fit correctly.  Just a heads up if anyone is considering the NA cables.  The pins were too loose and would cut out if the connectors moved side to side at all.  I talked to their support and they insisted their pins are the correct size and both my Effect Audio and Stock NT6 cables pins are too large.  They also said they tested it with the NT6 and it worked fine... so my connectors must be stretched despite the fact that my NT6 are brand new and work fine with other cables. They suggested flattening the pins which I know is an option but shouldn't be necessary on a "premium" cable.  Well, I flattened it in small vise very gently and their cheap plastic connector just crumbled... Like it was already cracked or something.  I don't understand how such little pressure on the pins themselves could cause the entire housing to crumble.  Just glad nothing broke off inside my connector. That's the last time I buy from Null Audio 
rolleyes.gif
   Luckily I am good with a soldering iron so I'll just replace their cheap connectors with some high quality connectors of the correct size.

Yeah their cables sucks considering the time it takes them to make one. It's like someone from grade school does the cable work for them. I am not going to deal with them after my NT-6 gets fixed.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #703 of 992

Yeah their cables sucks considering the time it takes them to make one. It's like someone from grade school does the cable work for them. I am not going to deal with them after my NT-6 gets fixed.

It took exactly as long for them to make my cable as it took Hidition to make my CIEMs lol.  

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #704 of 992
rolleyes.gif

Please be aware that the Hidition sockets are non standard and are larger than normal JH style pins. When my cables are being made, I always ask for the largest possible pin to fit as best as I can, but it has always been a problem. In fact, it is my opinion that the reason that my pin broke off into my socket as we had discussed was caused by a loose fitting pin that was bent back and forth and stretched due to the lose fit. I had to constantly reinsert and unbend curved pins. The cables that come with the hiditions always fit snug. The communication gap that I mentioned has kept me from discussing directly with them. I wish I could find out the official pin size so that i can request when I order cables.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #705 of 992
  Please be aware that the Hidition sockets are non standard and are larger than normal JH style pins. When my cables are being made, I always ask for the largest possible pin to fit as best as I can, but it has always been a problem. In fact, it is my opinion that the reason that my pin broke off into my socket as we had discussed was caused by a loose fitting pin that was bent back and forth and stretched due to the lose fit. I had to constantly reinsert and unbend curved pins. The cables that come with the hiditions always fit snug. The communication gap that I mentioned has kept me from discussing directly with them. I wish I could find out the official pin size so that i can request when I order cables.

Well, considering NA actually sell the NT6 they should know this rather than saying my connectors are stretched and their pins fit fine.  The time to tell me actually would have been when I asked which size connector would fit my NT6 before placing my order.  They just keep shrugging off the responsibility and insisting they work fine with the NT6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back