HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output; Network and Dropbox Streaming
Sep 7, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #106 of 399
i simply can't believe the dlna sorting issue is still around. here is the same folder via hiby and bubbleupnp:

here's a link to the same record, just to confirm the original track order:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/roseland-mw0002194449

hiby sorts the tracks inside any folder by track title, and that's simply wrong. please do fix it asap, it's so annoying that i simply stopped using hiby at all, despite my general satisfaction with the app. i just check hiby after updates just to see if this issue is still there. the recent update was just an other usual disappointment.

am i doing something wrong? i'd be happy to stand corrected if there's a way to get it working right.

Er I just looked again at the problem and it seems we aren't receiving the tracks from the DLNA server in any particular order... unless we download every track and look at the metadata, what BubblePnP is doing is like black magic to us at the moment... Nevertheless we'll try :head_bandage:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 9, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #108 of 399
Er I just looked again at the problem and it seems we aren't receiving the tracks from the DLNA server in any particular order... unless we download every track and look at the metadata, what BubblePnP is doing is like black magic to us at the moment... Nevertheless we'll try :head_bandage:
thanks for your efforts, Joe, i do appreciate it. please check the other screenshots i made with the following apps: sony tv remote i use regularly, and 3 random apps (ak connect, dlna player, hi-fi cast) capable of dlna streaming i just installed for the sake of these screenshots. all seem to sort tracks by track number without any issues. i guess my minidlna server should send the track numbers without the need of downloading the tracks themselves after all...

S70909-16441751.jpg S70909-16463784.jpg S70909-16472467.jpg S70909-16475146.jpg

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #110 of 399
Mmm, I like HiBy better than USB Player Pro however the DLNA function in HiBy seems like missing something. It cannot display some files in some of the folders. Very weird. When browse with USB Player Pro, it shows them. Any solutions?

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #112 of 399
Noticing some annoying things as I use if often these days.

I use it in via Bluetooth, in that mode if I receive a phone/WhatsApp call, the music pauses and as soon as I answer the call, the music starts playing again.

While using as USB DAC via Android OTG, if I unplug the USB the music still continues to play. UAPP stops as soon ascable is unplugged.

It will be great if you could fix this.

Oct 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #113 of 399
A widget would also be really handy.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #114 of 399
Hi!

GREAT app. Am using it on my Samsung S8 with very good results. Still need to play some more with it but so far, I am in no way disappointed. This morning I did connect my S8 to my Alpine car stereo (as I have done when using Foobar2000 mobile, Poweramp, Google Play, etc.) and once more, am satisfied with the HiByMusic audio through my car deck (via BT connection).

I did notice one thing which I have not seen addressed so far. I am not sure if I'm missing something or if this has not been implemented yet. My car deck can normally read artist, album and song names and display them. This is not happening with HiByMusic. My car deck does properly play, pause and skip songs back and forth as requested through the car deck.

Thanks for the APP and your comments on this.

PS - I second the motion of a widget!!!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #115 of 399
Hi
New to Head-Fi but have been browsing for a while. Managed to pick up quite a bit of Info already which has been really useful.
So i was wondering if someone could help me out with a couple of questions regarding HiBY Music app.
I have a Galaxy S8 Plus running Android 7.0. I'm able to download Hi-BY and run the App. However when i ask it to pair with my Sony S3 it finds the watch but tells me it can't connect
something about unidentified device.
My second question is about installing the Music APK which allows HiBY to connect the Phone to an outboard DAP. I've downloaded the APK.
When i side load to the Phone i put it in the download folder.It shows up in the file folder I click on it it starts to install then stops and tells me the file appears to be Corrupt.
Iv'e tried a few downloads from different sources, always get the same message. I suspect it's the Phone is causing the problems but not sure how to fix it,
Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks
Ian

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #116 of 399
Hi
New to Head-Fi but have been browsing for a while. Managed to pick up quite a bit of Info already which has been really useful.
So i was wondering if someone could help me out with a couple of questions regarding HiBY Music app.
I have a Galaxy S8 Plus running Android 7.0. I'm able to download Hi-BY and run the App. However when i ask it to pair with my Sony S3 it finds the watch but tells me it can't connect
something about unidentified device.
My second question is about installing the Music APK which allows HiBY to connect the Phone to an outboard DAP. I've downloaded the APK.
When i side load to the Phone i put it in the download folder.It shows up in the file folder I click on it it starts to install then stops and tells me the file appears to be Corrupt.
Iv'e tried a few downloads from different sources, always get the same message. I suspect it's the Phone is causing the problems but not sure how to fix it,
Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks
Ian
Try the official HibyApp from the GoogleStore. It already has HibyLink feature.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #117 of 399
Hi
And thanks for the quick reply.
I'm using the App from the Playstore It's not the App i'm having a problem with.
It's the update APK from HIBY which allows me to use my Shanling M1 to be controlled by HIBY from my Phone.
Hiby Music 3.0.0 build 5085.apk
Sorry if i'm being a bit vague not really sure what i'm doing wrong
Thanks

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #118 of 399
Hi
And thanks for the quick reply.
I'm using the App from the Playstore It's not the App i'm having a problem with.
It's the update APK from HIBY which allows me to use my Shanling M1 to be controlled by HIBY from my Phone.
Hiby Music 3.0.0 build 5085.apk
Sorry if i'm being a bit vague not really sure what i'm doing wrong
Thanks
You don't need the update. I'm using HIbyLink with the HibyMusic app that's available on Play Store and it works perfectly fine. V3.0.0 International build 5481

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #120 of 399
Thanks Again
Will try using the Link . I'm guessing I would activate bluetooth on the M1 for the HiBy link to pick it up ?
Thanks
Ian
Yes, and you need to also enable HIbyLink within the device itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back