1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Jan 16, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. jsmiller58

D7DED8A7-D1E2-44DB-AB3D-4770424FE255.jpeg

The EQ is probably not working because of the sample rate

2. Pro-Jules
    Thanks yes

3. Pro-Jules
    Initial test summary

Needs some time to figure out.
    Needs the HiBy Blue app to configure Bluetooth codecs
    Amp sounds good (as good as ES100)
    Nice small size
    Confusing button press patterns

Highest (1200kbps) UAT codec "192k" sounds a tiny bit better than ES100 at its best LDAC setting
    Range of Bluetooth before stuttering = approx 10cm (that's not very far! I will continue to test)
    Can't multi pair DAP & Phone so I can't receive phone calls
    Poor range
    No equaliser at (1200kbps) UAT codec

Conclusion:
    UAT @ 1200kbps sounds great but I dont think this is the ES100 killer I had hoped for. Perhaps updates will improve it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    rocketsfan and jsmiller58 like this.
  4. jsmiller58
    Very similar to what I have experienced. Ultimately the W5 is nice but flawed, simple and modern but quirky.

I also have the ES100 on order from Drop, mostly for the balanced output.

5. Pro-Jules
    The eq on it is amazing. Make sure you have the latest firmware (I had to get a computer tech chum to help me do it)

jsmiller58 likes this.
  6. jsmiller58
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. manukmanohar
    Thanks for the confirmation. It seems there is some problem with my charger then. Because,even though it is fully charged (kept for charging for 12 hours), whenever I put the hiby w5 inside the charger (even if fully turned OFF), nothing happens! (no LED blink)

Finally, I tried charging the charger while the hiby w5 was inside, and then morning when I opened, finally w5 was up from 10% to 85% (still not fully charged). Does this mean that my device charger is defective, and I should get a replacement?
    Anyone else has the same issue? (no amount of wiggling and trying to connect the w5 without also charging the charger, is leading to w5 being charged)

8. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Please contact service@hiby.com regarding this issue. I'll include a short translation you can quote to ease communication of the issue:
    Capture.PNG

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    manukmanohar likes this.
  9. manukmanohar
    Thanks for your help. I have contacted them now. Hopefully, will get a resolution soon :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  10. rocketsfan
    Hi, i only have my Hiby W5 for 3 days but i can´t figure it out how to setup UAT codec.

I use Hiby Music apk with my LG G7,-with best audio codec setup (LDAC and others) and W5 cant get better than LDAC codec. (on Hibby blue )
    UAT codec option its off (cant select).

I get latest W5 firmware (updated) and latest Hiby Music Apk from Google Play Store.

Any help please????

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  11. Pro-Jules
    You need the Hiby Blue app
    Connect your W5 to that
    Then I think you access the UAT settings by clicking the "about" tab (I found it by accident / experimentation)
    Once you find it you can set the Kbps transmission rate up to the highest UAT 1,200

12. rocketsfan
    I already use Hiby Blue and connect with W5. Thats ok
    Then i search codec settings (right top of Hiby blue) , but I cant choose UAT code only Ldac or other codec.
    I play from Hiby Music Player on my LG G7
    =(

13. Pro-Jules
  14. Bold
    Hi not sure if this is my first post but anyway
    you have to enable Hiby UAT in the settings of the Hiby music app afaik.
    Sadly I cannot get clean audio in UAT on my Note9, I get mostly jittering.

Edit: it seems this was indeed my first post... :)

15. wackoip
    Just got the W5 today. Agreed with all the comments in this thread.
    First I spent like half an hour to find where the touch button is and didn't realise the LED light IS the button, which is a bit daft cos you won't see the light when your finger is over it
    Second the on/off of the device is very hard to control. It seems like it's always on. It took me a long time to shut down by doing a quick and then a long touch
    Third the iOS does not work at all, even when the W5 HAS been connected to the iphone (mine is XS Max). It doesnt detect W5 at all in it's list of devices. Luckily I have an Android phone to pair and do the firmware upgrade

Having said all the above once I got it paired with the Sony "Gold Brick" and stream via LDAC the sound quality is really amazing on Just Ear Club sound model IEM. The clarity is the best I have experienced on any Blue Tooth transmission devices.

I have just upgraded the firmware on my Cayin N8 which has given support to UAT. Will see how it goes.For that price (HK$530 or US$68) I think it's a worthy purchase assuming it will perform better by future firmware upgrade.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last