HiBy W5 --> Now the W3 Bluetooth Receiver is Here with Better Buttons
Jun 12, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #121 of 267
if I want to play back from and R6 pro and eq a W5 do I need to be running the app on my R6 (as an android app or on my iPhone as an ios app?)

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #123 of 267
I have updated the device....

More to follow.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #124 of 267
The touch control is confusing and tbh quite stupid. And while at it, it doesn't even support gesture for volume up/down. Why not just give it a single button then? If properly sealed, they can still have the waterproof.

That said, it sounded quite nice, so I'm keeping it. Will play with it some more... :)

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #125 of 267
@Joe Bloggs apparently I have 2 separate issues unrelated:
1. It’s a struggle to turn it on. Which is strange because the touch functionality seems overly sensitive once on. For whatever reason it won’t detect me holding the button down to turn it on a lot of the times.

2. It’s not always charging in the case. There is enough wiggle room where it looses connection to the pins. I left it charging over night and the app says it’s only at 81%.

Speaking of the app, it doesn’t connect to the W5 every time I start it. A couple of times it tells me to restart the Bluetooth device and open app immediately.

Does the volume granularity option work in the iPhone? I couldn’t get it to have any affect.

I’d really like to get this working decently enough, so it’s usable b/c I dig the SQ.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #126 of 267
@Joe Bloggs apparently I have 2 separate issues unrelated:
1. It’s a struggle to turn it on. Which is strange because the touch functionality seems overly sensitive once on. For whatever reason it won’t detect me holding the button down to turn it on a lot of the times.

2. It’s not always charging in the case. There is enough wiggle room where it looses connection to the pins. I left it charging over night and the app says it’s only at 81%.

Speaking of the app, it doesn’t connect to the W5 every time I start it. A couple of times it tells me to restart the Bluetooth device and open app immediately.

Does the volume granularity option work in the iPhone? I couldn’t get it to have any affect.

I’d really like to get this working decently enough, so it’s usable b/c I dig the SQ.

Facing the same two issues:

1. It seems like after 1 minute or sometimes 30 seconds, of constantly trying to turn it on, suddenly it turns on. Not sure, how to make it detect that I'm holding the button

2. Does anyone know how to make it charge? I tried turning it off later in the night (after reading the comment that you should turn it off, before keeping for charge), and kept for charging only to find that it hadn't charged AT ALL. So, now I'm at 10% battery, with no way to charge. Not able to detect, when the connection happens and the device starts charging. Does it light up in any particular way when it is charging (flashing red??)

Yeah, from an SQ standpoint, I think I like them over ES100. Would have loved it, if these issues get fixed.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #127 of 267
Facing the same two issues:

1. It seems like after 1 minute or sometimes 30 seconds, of constantly trying to turn it on, suddenly it turns on. Not sure, how to make it detect that I'm holding the button

2. Does anyone know how to make it charge? I tried turning it off later in the night (after reading the comment that you should turn it off, before keeping for charge), and kept for charging only to find that it hadn't charged AT ALL. So, now I'm at 10% battery, with no way to charge. Not able to detect, when the connection happens and the device starts charging. Does it light up in any particular way when it is charging (flashing red??)

Yeah, from an SQ standpoint, I think I like them over ES100. Would have loved it, if these issues get fixed.
The case LEDs would light to indicate its own charge level, if it is charging the receiver.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 12, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #128 of 267
Updated both the app on my S9+ and the W5 itself and can't seem to get a stable connection with UAT unfortunately. Music just stutters a lot even with the device right next to my phone. I even tried tried turning off the 2.4Ghz output of my router leaving just 5Ghz on(usually it outputs both) just for testing purposes and that didn't make a difference at all. :/

Oh well, it still sounds good with LDAC @ 990kbps.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #129 of 267
74BD44AE-A208-4212-9B4D-7A5A5396EFD1.jpeg

@Joe Bloggs How do I get this to play at the top UAT of 1200kbps?

I am playing back a 192k 24bit file via Qobuz on my R6 pro

Thanks

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #130 of 267
image.jpg
Found it!

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #134 of 267
F7E1A5E1-1991-49B2-BABF-E076618638F2.jpeg
C45940F9-FD0D-4BA8-88E3-361517ADA67F.jpeg
Some system photos for the interested

BTW the two white lower things selected were UAT and 192khz

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #135 of 267
I'll be dipped if I know how I got to those pages. I think it was the about link in the HiBy Blue app perhaps?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back