HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Mar 27, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #1,996 of 3,413
He says yes he did that 2x in the middle of post.

@sari53 I’m sure based on your experience just like mine any time an amplifier makes a ‘pop’ noise and then doesn’t put any power out the amplifier has a serious issue and needs serviced or replaced.

Contact @HiByMusic customer support and initiate a warranty claim.
I contacted Andrew, he asked me to do a reset and check the update.
I had already done twice factory reset and firmware check
I just redid the procedure again but still no sound and noise in the earphones 5 seconds later when I stop playing music.
This noise is a noise (poc) like you hear in living room speakers when you turn off a living room amp and the volume is turned up quite high

I have firmware 1.11-20230308-1740.

i think, it’s a hardware problem too

I’m waiting for andrew’s instructions

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #1,997 of 3,413
I'm really unlucky.
After 3 weeks of waiting for an RS8 to be repaired. My new RS8 no longer turns on the ignition button is stuck and does not click anymore.
Compulsory return to MusicTeck according to Hiby.
Since my purchase, my RS8 has spent more time down than listening, I'm cursed.
But when it works the sound is really exceptional.

Mar 28, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #1,998 of 3,413
I'm really unlucky.
After 3 weeks of waiting for an RS8 to be repaired. My new RS8 no longer turns on the ignition button is stuck and does not click anymore.
i would call a priest for a full exorcism just to be safe

Mar 29, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #1,999 of 3,413
I'm really unlucky.
I thought you were getting a new replacement from musictek? .
Did you let your battery run all way down, and then charged?
Maybe press and hold power for longer?

This noise is a noise (poc) like you hear in living room speakers when you turn off a living room amp and the volume is turned up quite high
Definitely sounds like hardware issue.

I am wondering what conditions could have caused it. I realize everyone's usage is different. For instance visiting my mom's, the ambient temperature is very hot, so I don't let my unit get too hot, because of these stories.

Also, I learned my lesson to not burn in a unit continuously, and that downtime is also needed for parts to settle. I damaged a dx300MaxTi that way by playing continously to get hours in. It got very hot, and then a few times later, it just died.

Shipping to China is a real time consuming inconvenience with these players, so I treat new player easy to let it burn in & age well.

Mar 30, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #2,000 of 3,413
Definitely sounds like hardware issue.

I am wondering what conditions could have caused it. I realize everyone's usage is different. For instance visiting my mom's, the ambient temperature is very hot, so I don't let my unit get too hot, because of these stories.

Also, I learned my lesson to not burn in a unit continuously, and that downtime is also needed for parts to settle. I damaged a dx300MaxTi that way by playing continously to get hours in. It got very hot, and then a few times later, it just died.

Shipping to China is a real time consuming inconvenience with these players, so I treat new player easy to let it burn in & age well.
Thank you for your advice but this is the first time this problem has happened and it is not my first dap.

I used it normally to listen to streaming music (tidal, qobuz, apple music). I have never recharged the battery at the same time as listening to music, for example. I have never listened to music for more than 3 hours continuously. there was always a rest time before recharging it. It never overheated. it doesn't even have 200 hours of use.

now my biggest problem is getting to send it back to musicteck from france. it seems complicated with customs.

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #2,001 of 3,413
Hello everyone. I have a question, from the very beginning of using the player I found a difference in its sound, when just turning it on and pressing the play button, I get just the sound of my dreams, everything is as it should be. But when I start hiby music, the sound changes - the feeling of the scene decreases, everything seems to move a little towards the listener, the high frequencies become perhaps more detailed, but not so polite. No settings are included in the player itself. Please think with me what should be changed so that I always have the original sound.

Apr 1, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #2,003 of 3,413
Hi guys
Just got C9 in an am quite impressed with the pairing.
That's now my favorite serious listening setup for IEMs.
As I was reading an extensive impression post in this thread about specific gain and amp settings on RS8 while using line out mode - will this actually matter as I expect true LO to bypass the amp section of RS8?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,005 of 3,413
Apr 1, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #2,006 of 3,413
I hope to buy it soon just so I can pair it with Dita PPT. In the +15 year this is the second time I'm willing to give 10/10 for synergy. Everything about this pairing sound great. I bought the Cayin N8ii for its tube hoping for an analog sound, but little it would be possible to get a tube sound without tube, which to my years RS8 has been able to achieve.

Apr 1, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,007 of 3,413
Greetings fellow RS8 owners,

I have a question regarding the NOS toggle, from their website it is mentioned that if the NOS toggle is off it automatically upsampling everything by 16x.
But the bitrate at the top of the screen stated the original bitrate, also the pulsar light is lime green.
Is there any way to verify if the device is doing the upsampling?
I bring this question to hiby group in FB and this is HiBy response, it feels off to me but idk:

The light and the numbers are indicating the sample rate received by the Darwin system before such oversampling, otherwise the light would be meaningless in OS mode, always the same colour.

This also lets you check at all time whether anything may be "wrong" on the software side, causing the sample rate received by the system to not be what you are playing.

Best regards,
HiBy Music

In my previous R8 the bitrate status at the top always shows what bitrate is currently playing, even when i choose fix bitrate.

With RS8, when MQA decoder is turned OFF it shows 44.1khz which is the original file, when decoder is ON it does 16x upsampling to 705.6K and the status bar at the top shows 705.6k.

I wonder why when NOS off and the device upsampling file it does not show the final bitrate result.

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #2,008 of 3,413
I bring this question to hiby group in FB and this is HiBy response, it feels off to me but idk:

The light and the numbers are indicating the sample rate received by the Darwin system before such oversampling, otherwise the light would be meaningless in OS mode, always the same colour.

This also lets you check at all time whether anything may be "wrong" on the software side, causing the sample rate received by the system to not be what you are playing.

Best regards,
HiBy Music

In my previous R8 the bitrate status at the top always shows what bitrate is currently playing, even when i choose fix bitrate.

With RS8, when MQA decoder is turned OFF it shows 44.1khz which is the original file, when decoder is ON it does 16x upsampling to 705.6K and the status bar at the top shows 705.6k.

I wonder why when NOS off and the device upsampling file it does not show the final bitrate result.
It's the same in most oversampling DACs.
If I use the oversampling feature embedded in my Holo May, the display will always show the input bitrate, not the oversampled one. The response from HiBy is right.

Apr 2, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #2,010 of 3,413
It's the same in most oversampling DACs.
If I use the oversampling feature embedded in my Holo May, the display will always show the input bitrate, not the oversampled one. The response from HiBy is right.
What is the Oversampling rate at the end?
Is it the maximum multiplied one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back