HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Nov 20, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #3,033 of 3,440
Nov 20, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #3,034 of 3,440
Have you tried using UAPP with local files?
I just reinstalled UAPP, and yes it's there too.

Pretty sure that silent pop is occurring on any Hiby or Cayin player and depending on the sensivity of the IEM

Previously it had a low volume pop that I think is common. But it's very loud now, making me concerned it could damage the IEM. I'm using an ie900 with it.

Another useful data point, I swapped my ie900 cable between 4.4mm and 3.5mm. the 3.5mm has normal pop/click sound (very low volume). The 4.4mm has the new loud volume popping sound. I've repeated this with my Andromeda and same result: normal on 3.5mm, VERY loud pop on 4.4mm (Andromeda sensitivity clearly coming through).

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #3,035 of 3,440

Previously it had a low volume pop that I think is common. But it's very loud now, making me concerned it could damage the IEM. I'm using an ie900 with it.

Another useful data point, I swapped my ie900 cable between 4.4mm and 3.5mm. the 3.5mm has normal pop/click sound (very low volume). The 4.4mm has the new loud volume popping sound. I've repeated this with my Andromeda and same result: normal on 3.5mm, VERY loud pop on 4.4mm (Andromeda sensitivity clearly coming through).
I don't have RS8 anymore but as I could reproduce that symptom on at least N30LE I very much suppose it's related to some generic behavior in DAPs at least using (potentially a power safe process where the amp circuit is shut down directly on pause playing local files in Hiby / Cayin app or a few seconds later using streaming apps).
You can test this in a random streaming app if the pop is coming only a few secs later.
Plus I have recognized the same pop once frequency rate changes occur like from Redbook to Hires or MQA.
You can test that one too.
The louder pop is certainly related to higher power in balanced port and a more sensitive IEM (I once tested this using Pathfinder IEM one year ago on RS6) is magnifying this additionally

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #3,036 of 3,440

I've never heard even a silent pop on my RS8 with any IEM or cable. A loud pop would be unacceptable. Suggest you send yours in for repair maybe?

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #3,038 of 3,440
I don't have RS8 anymore but as I could reproduce that symptom on at least N30LE I very much suppose it's related to some generic behavior in DAPs at least using (potentially a power safe process where the amp circuit is shut down directly on pause playing local files in Hiby / Cayin app or a few seconds later using streaming apps).
You can test this in a random streaming app if the pop is coming only a few secs later.
Plus I have recognized the same pop once frequency rate changes occur like from Redbook to Hires or MQA.
You can test that one too.
The louder pop is certainly related to higher power in balanced port and a more sensitive IEM (I once tested this using Pathfinder IEM one year ago on RS6) is magnifying this additionally
My problem is it never did the before. It just started this weekend. I suspect it's a coincidence that I also updated the firmware in the same time frame. But it does make me wonder if that played a role.

Nov 20, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #3,039 of 3,440
My problem is it never did the before. It just started this weekend. I suspect it's a coincidence that I also updated the firmware in the same time frame. But it does make me wonder if that played a role.
Have you tried with different player software?

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #3,040 of 3,440
You could always revert the firmware to test.

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #3,042 of 3,440
Nov 20, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #3,043 of 3,440
Nov 20, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #3,044 of 3,440
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #3,045 of 3,440
I've never heard even a silent pop on my RS8 with any IEM or cable. A loud pop would be unacceptable. Suggest you send yours in for repair maybe?
What firmware version are you on? @gLer

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back