HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #2,836 of 3,177
In that case how about wiring your headphones directly to the DAP? 😅

I think connecting the dongle to the USB port should yield higher quality, by avoiding an analog-digital conversion in the dongle.
Good point @Joe Bloggs but the trade off of Bluetooth is ability to ditrch the wires....but you already know that! I definitely still LOVE RS6 wired to my IEM's, different use cases call for different solutions.

Thank you for your help good sir.

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #2,837 of 3,177
Good point @Joe Bloggs but the trade off of Bluetooth is ability to ditrch the wires....but you already know that! I definitely still LOVE RS6 wired to my IEM's, different use cases call for different solutions.

Thank you for your help good sir.
I would just note that quite often with these wired-or-wireless headphones the wired sound is quite different from the wireless sound, and not just because of the Bluetooth codec in between. Often the wired connection drives the drivers directly while DSP (that is deemed to improve the sound) is applied on the wireless signal. You may find it interesting to try and compare.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #2,838 of 3,177
Ag
I would just note that quite often with these wired-or-wireless headphones the wired sound is quite different from the wireless sound, and not just because of the Bluetooth codec in between. Often the wired connection drives the drivers directly while DSP (that is deemed to improve the sound) is applied on the wireless signal. You may find it interesting to try and compare.
Absolutely agree, they do sound more "audiophile" when wired. But being able to do a few errands around the house today in BT mode was a treat, and the sound was far better than any wireless set up I've tried before.

Mar 31, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #2,839 of 3,177
My RS6 just updated to Firmware Version: 1.70_20230309-1911.
Has it been available since March 9th, and my system only got the notification today?

Mar 31, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #2,840 of 3,177
For anyone looking for a tempered glass screen protector. It can be difficult as the 2.5D glass begins to rolloff almost immediately after the edge of the visible LCD for the top, left, and right sides. That said I found one that just barely works. It is almost the exact size of the visible LCD itself. Only about .25-.5mm of the 2.5D edge comes into play with it. It works with the original leather case, doesn't look too ridiculous considering, and it gives me that little extra bit of peace of mind when I have the player on the go.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1636557-REG/smallrig_3274_screen_protector_for_bmpcc.html

IMG_0337.jpg

Mar 31, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #2,841 of 3,177
For anyone looking for a tempered glass screen protector. It can be difficult as the 2.5D glass begins to rolloff almost immediately after the edge of the visible LCD for the top, left, and right sides. That said I found one that just barely works. It is almost the exact size of the visible LCD itself. Only about .25-.5mm of the 2.5D edge comes into play with it. It works with the original leather case, doesn't look too ridiculous considering, and it gives me that little extra bit of peace of mind when I have the player on the go.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1636557-REG/smallrig_3274_screen_protector_for_bmpcc.html

IMG_0337.jpg
Alternative: Liquid Ceramic Protector

Apr 2, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #2,843 of 3,177
HiBy RS6 - V1.70 firmware update

Changelog:
1. Updated HiByMusic app;
2. Updated HiByCast app;
3. Added option for saving Darwin settings;
4. Various other bug fixes.

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #2,844 of 3,177
Hi LoryWiv,

Yes you can, that should just look like an outboard USB DAC to the RS6 and that is well supported.

Cheers,
Joe
Hi @Joe Bloggs, thanks for the above answer and yes I can confirm it works well using an AptX Adaptive dongle into RS6 USB-C port to workaround the lack of native AptX Adaptive support. RS6 output in this configuration plays (streams) to Bathys wirelessly in 24 bit!

Related question: Can I similarly run the Bathys wired from it's USB-C port to RS6 USB-C port to use Bathys' USB-DAC mode much as I would from a PC source? When I don't need the mobility of Bluetooth that would allow me to use RS6 as a high quality source / transport wired into Bathys. Copasetic?

Thanks for all of your insight and help!

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #2,845 of 3,177
Hi @Joe Bloggs, thanks for the above answer and yes I can confirm it works well using an AptX Adaptive dongle into RS6 USB-C port to workaround the lack of native AptX Adaptive support. RS6 output in this configuration plays (streams) to Bathys wirelessly in 24 bit!

Related question: Can I similarly run the Bathys wired from it's USB-C port to RS6 USB-C port to use Bathys' USB-DAC mode much as I would from a PC source? When I don't need the mobility of Bluetooth that would allow me to use RS6 as a high quality source / transport wired into Bathys. Copasetic?

Thanks for all of your insight and help!
Should also work fine if I'm understanding correctly.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 14, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #2,846 of 3,177
Should also work fine if I'm understanding correctly.
@Joe Bloggs you are spot on correct: HiBy RS6 works beautifully as a transport connected via USB-C out to Focal Bathys, the latter having it's own internal DAC and amp. I still love the RS6 R2R DAC sound with my IEM's bit it is nice to have options. RS6 is really quite versatile and has performed solidly well in all of the different configurations I have tried.

Apr 17, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #2,847 of 3,177
20230415_141624.jpg
The RS6 makes everything sound great! Even hard to drive TGXear buds sound heavenly :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #2,848 of 3,177
If someone ask me to give an example of a perfect DAP, for me, both sonically and feature-wise, it would be Hiby RS6. It is insane how we are about to get the sonic quality of RS6 out of a dap of its size.

Can you believe RS6 stopped me from buying the RS8? RS8 sounds better and competes with desktop-level if one is willing to go the route of HQplayer, but that wouldn't be a DAP, right?

PS: I use the neutron app, upsample using that and leave Darwin as NOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back