HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Apr 23, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #2,851 of 3,177
Hi,

I was also looking at adding a PA10 to my RS6 - can you tell us what it changes / makes better ?

Thanks !
Is it quite powerful,details is more clearer, soundstage and serperation is better alot. Body is more fuller.I feel r2r pair up with class A and tube really nice. Only con if you have high sensitive set there might have some imbalance volume on very very low volume.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #2,852 of 3,177
RS8 tonality is like listening to a high-end tube amp. As much as I like it, I will wait for second-hand market to get cheaper, as I feel a new flagship is just around the corner.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #2,853 of 3,177
Is it quite powerful,details is more clearer, soundstage and serperation is better alot. Body is more fuller.I feel r2r pair up with class A and tube really nice. Only con if you have high sensitive set there might have some imbalance volume on very very low volume.
sounds like quite a jump ... verrrrrry tempted now !
Thanks so much !

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #2,855 of 3,177
Apr 30, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #2,856 of 3,177
Hi All,
I had some free time this weekend so I decided to measure the HIBY MSEB settings on my rs6. The RS6 headout was connected into my Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter through a 3.5mm TRRS splitter that splits out the headphone out and the microphone in. Headfi isn't letting me upload 60 MB so you can find the link to the measurements here: https://mega.nz/file/s9sGTSTJ#wLSfCCeH0SUxsqHMkqupo47xVvAlV8j8AjjELaGFjIs (for those skeptical, I DO have 2 factor authentication enabled and this IS my account, not a scammer)

For these measurements, I only did the Fine-tuning(+/- 20) and I took a measurement at -20,-10,+10,+20 for each slider in order from top to bottom.

Enjoy!
-tamtrum

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #2,857 of 3,177
If you want an interim solution, try and find an ifi ican nano on ebay - I use it with RS6 and it's a large step up, sounding smoother, larger and grain free. It has gobs of power and sounds like class A (ifi topology i think they call it tube state/direct dive or something even if not class A) - I have a Woo WA8 class A amp so I know what class A can sound like, the nano is is very good if not quite TOTL.. I do find the RS6 headamps don't do the DAC stage justice.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #2,858 of 3,177
I think i'm finding the RS6 needs a good few hours (like 3-4) warm up before it reaches it's best sound quality before every listening session - I guess it's the nature of the beast.. I have to put my alarm 4 hours earlier before I get to work to warm it up :) its a significant jump in improvement from something like 6.5 to 9

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #2,859 of 3,177
I think i'm finding the RS6 needs a good few hours (like 3-4) warm up before it reaches it's best sound quality before every listening session - I guess it's the nature of the beast.. I have to put my alarm 4 hours earlier before I get to work to warm it up :) its a significant jump in improvement from something like 6.5 to 9
Not sure I’ve noticed this kind of difference, but if this is true I’ll be lucky to get 1 hour of listening before the RS6 needs a recharge 😉

May 3, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #2,860 of 3,177

Added PA 10 to RS6. What a difference ! As above, but adding that backgrounds are much blacker, and control with dynamics is so much better (especially with bass), so complex passages are much more defined and cleaner. Quite a step up and very happy with the purchase.

20230503_131907.jpg

That's quite a commitment ! Personally I can't make out a difference after 15-20 mins.

If you want an interim solution, try and find an ifi ican nano on ebay - I use it with RS6 and it's a large step up, sounding smoother, larger and grain free. It has gobs of power and sounds like class A (ifi topology i think they call it tube state/direct dive or something even if not class A) - I have a Woo WA8 class A amp so I know what class A can sound like, the nano is is very good if not quite TOTL.. I do find the RS6 headamps don't do the DAC stage justice.
Based on my limited experience with just the PA10, I would agree with your last statement.

May 3, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #2,861 of 3,177
Added PA 10 to RS6. What a difference ! As above, but adding that backgrounds are much blacker, and control with dynamics is so much better (especially with bass), so complex passages are much more defined and cleaner. Quite a step up and very happy with the purchase.

20230503_131907.jpg

That's quite a commitment ! Personally I can't make out a difference after 15-20 mins.

Based on my limited experience with just the PA10, I would agree with your last statement.
I like it pair up so much. Very bassy iem u got. I waiting for a leather case for pa10. Waiting for a shop in taobao to finish up customer one to show me.

May 3, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #2,862 of 3,177
I like it pair up so much. Very bassy iem u got. I waiting for a leather case for pa10. Waiting for a shop in taobao to finish up customer one to show me.
Interested if this PA10 can drive HD800S well, could be a good combo with the RS6

May 3, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #2,864 of 3,177
yes, Madoo 512 is quite bassy but its fast, clean and good texture....PA10 control and less warm helps a lot with this whole package. Post pic of the case if you get it

May 3, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #2,865 of 3,177

Users who are viewing this thread

Back