Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Oct 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2,478 of 4,006
Cool, I'll leave it for a few days of burn in. :)

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #2,479 of 4,006
I am trying to upgrade to 1.15 OTA from 1.11GBeta. The update starts, device restarts and after a few seconds I get a dead Android image with Error written below and a progress bar that just started. Then the device restarts. I just reset the R6 PRO to factory settings but it did help. Any suggestions?

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,480 of 4,006
Factory reset, clear cache, mount (important bit), reboot.

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,481 of 4,006
I am trying to upgrade to 1.15 OTA from 1.11GBeta. The update starts, device restarts and after a few seconds I get a dead Android image with Error written below and a progress bar that just started. Then the device restarts. I just reset the R6 PRO to factory settings but it did help. Any suggestions?
Try it again with the SD card removed first

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #2,486 of 4,006
hiby-r8-flagship-audio-player-supports-4g-hifigo-403275_960x640_crop_center.jpg

September 9, 2019 Candice Song
Hiby R8 flagship audio player supports 4G | Hifigo

The 6th of China (Guangzhou) international headphones exhibition, the largest headset show in the industry in 2019, hosted on September 7-8 in Guangzhou Baiyun international conference center, same place, and same style as last year.

After several days of product teases via their Weibo, Hiby unveiled several new products on the show, including their very first android 9.0 based digital audio player, the R8. Along with the R8, they also took the wraps off the R6 pro Aluminium, Balanced Bluetooth Headphone amp Hiby W3 and the Hiby Crystal 2 earphone.

The R8 sample shown is not the final one, so we still cannot listen to it yet. It was said officially that the sound performance is not debugged perfectly yet, but finally, we learned the main features of Hiby R8 from the show.
HiBy_R8_large.jpg

The new HiBy R8 will support 4G network. Users can insert a 4G sim card into the DAP and stream music wherever and whenever you are. This is a new breakthrough because HiBy R8 is the first DAP that can support a 4G network (besides Onkyo Granbeat which is categorized as a phone instead of a DAP).

Hiby_R8_Player_large.jpg

HiBy R8 will be running latest Android 9.0 and it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC. This is the highest performing processor chip used on a DAP so far in history. I am expecting a sleek control on the new HiBy R8 based on the processor performance.

Let's congratulate HiBy on this breakthrough! Well done HiBy!
hiby_r8_audio_player_large.jpg

Hiby_R8_music_player_large.jpg

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #2,487 of 4,006
HiBy Music app professional edition for R5/R6/R6 Pro released today!

Let's read whats new on HiBy Music Pro 1.4.2 beta

1. Added ability to check and install version updates from About screen in app;
2. Added dual lingual lyrics display;
3. Added online error reporting function in-app;
4. Added ability to define custom IP for LAN server;
5. Added Baidu Netdisk to list of supported cloud music sources;
6. When no lyrics are available, swipe up to enter lyrics / cover online search interface;
7. Added UAT and HWA icons to Now Playing interface (when applicable);
8. Revamped online plugins interface, tap to update plugin;
9. Added Close button to the app's notification pane listing;
10. Fixed issue where HiBy reopens spontaneously after being closed;
11. Various other bug fixes.

Please note:
* Upgrade the R6 from Android 6.0 to Android 8.1 before this update.
* Reboot the device after the update.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,489 of 4,006
hiby-r8-flagship-audio-player-supports-4g-hifigo-403275_960x640_crop_center.jpg

September 9, 2019 Candice Song
Hiby R8 flagship audio player supports 4G | Hifigo

The 6th of China (Guangzhou) international headphones exhibition, the largest headset show in the industry in 2019, hosted on September 7-8 in Guangzhou Baiyun international conference center, same place, and same style as last year.

After several days of product teases via their Weibo, Hiby unveiled several new products on the show, including their very first android 9.0 based digital audio player, the R8. Along with the R8, they also took the wraps off the R6 pro Aluminium, Balanced Bluetooth Headphone amp Hiby W3 and the Hiby Crystal 2 earphone.

The R8 sample shown is not the final one, so we still cannot listen to it yet. It was said officially that the sound performance is not debugged perfectly yet, but finally, we learned the main features of Hiby R8 from the show.
HiBy_R8_large.jpg

The new HiBy R8 will support 4G network. Users can insert a 4G sim card into the DAP and stream music wherever and whenever you are. This is a new breakthrough because HiBy R8 is the first DAP that can support a 4G network (besides Onkyo Granbeat which is categorized as a phone instead of a DAP).

Hiby_R8_Player_large.jpg

HiBy R8 will be running latest Android 9.0 and it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC. This is the highest performing processor chip used on a DAP so far in history. I am expecting a sleek control on the new HiBy R8 based on the processor performance.

Let's congratulate HiBy on this breakthrough! Well done HiBy!
hiby_r8_audio_player_large.jpg

Hiby_R8_music_player_large.jpg

Was it mentioned if this will match the output power of the R6 or the Pro model?

Either way I wouldn't pay for an entire seperate 4g account for my dap. XD

I would rather use a pocket 4g modem/router sending out WiFi.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #2,490 of 4,006
Was it mentioned if this will match the output power of the R6 or the Pro model?

Either way I wouldn't pay for an entire seperate 4g account for my dap. XD

I would rather use a pocket 4g modem/router sending out WiFi.
I imagine you would be able to enable hotspot on the R8 and use it as both your DAP and pocket 4G router :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back