Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #2,462 of 4,006
My favorite mid range with the R6 Pro is the Tin Hifi P1, too bad there is no universal OS level equalizer to increase bass for other apps.

Using the balance output (750mw @32ohms) The P1 truly needs a crazy amount of power. But it is worth it, truly giving a planar experience.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #2,463 of 4,006
What mid range IEM's have you guys been pairing with the R6 Pro? My old setup was a dx200 with 846's, tinkered with campfire but didn't get on with them and sold up not long after. Looking to get another DAP and this ticks all the boxes for me, just need to buy a set of well matched IEM's to compliment it. Rock/allt rock/grunge fan, anything from the stones through to foo fighters...

*currently have a set of Sony XBA-N3 for general use, I'll grab a balanced cable for them and give them a run regardless.

N6II + TE5B. Thank me later. I stopped using R6 PRO due to random wifi signal drop. It was infuriating. N6II is a better buy if you can stretch your budget some. Less lag on streaming apps too.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #2,464 of 4,006
Thanks for the suggestions guys, nice purple R6 Pro inbound with a set of Flare Pro 2HD's. Looking forward to taking them for a spin!

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #2,467 of 4,006
R6 on the slow boat from China so will post thoughts in a couple of weeks...

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #2,468 of 4,006
All I can ask for. thanks Joe!!

Just updated the Hiby player and the album display name from the song's metadata still isn't there! :frowning2:

It's not going to happen that soon mateys. They're asking me and you guys for advice on how best to implement the features and resolve some conflicts in display logic.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #2,469 of 4,006
It's not going to happen that soon mateys. They're asking me and you guys for advice on how best to implement the features and resolve some conflicts in display logic.
Wherever they're presently extracting the album name to sort, just use a comparator that will extract the album artist sort name instead.

I write Java for a living. If they'll share the source with me I'll furnish a patch.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #2,470 of 4,006
You can download various equalizer apps from Play store (the ones that give a five band EQ) but I don't know if they'll equalize TIDAL when it's outputting at hi-res.

Followed you suggestion and found an app called Re Equalizer. Seems to work with Tidal. Thank you.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2,471 of 4,006
I have an ancient pair of Etymotic er4s/p IEM's. Have used them for years. Just ordered a pair of the updated er4xr's (on sale at Amazon for $250). I like the isolation they provide especially cutting grass but the er4s's are a bit too analytical and lack bass response.

Have any of you used the er4xr's with the R6 Pro? Thanks in advance!

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,472 of 4,006

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,473 of 4,006
I use this combo a lot. I'd be curious to hear what you think when you're ready.

Arrived today, noticed amazon music HD is out putting at 44.1k same as what tidal did, regardless of source res.

Initial thoughts with my own music, bass on the flares is so much tighter that the other sources I've used in the past week. Still rolling tips but the audiophile tip bass has been toned down which I like.

Very nice liquid treble.

Mid somewhat recessed but now have the player on loop to get a few hours onto it before listening again in a few days.

Using 4.4mm balanced on the flares now compared to se I've been using the past few days.

Lot of things to play with after burn in, did you tweak mseb to suit the flares?

Android 8.1 is fantastic on a DAP, really nice ui and quite a difference (including screen) against my old dx200.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #2,474 of 4,006
Arrived today, noticed amazon music HD is out putting at 44.1k same as what tidal did, regardless of source res.

Initial thoughts with my own music, bass on the flares is so much tighter that the other sources I've used in the past week. Still rolling tips but the audiophile tip bass has been toned down which I like.

Very nice liquid treble.

Mid somewhat recessed but now have the player on loop to get a few hours onto it before listening again in a few days.

Using 4.4mm balanced on the flares now compared to se I've been using the past few days.

Lot of things to play with after burn in, did you tweak mseb to suit the flares?

Android 8.1 is fantastic on a DAP, really nice ui and quite a difference (including screen) against my old dx200.
are you using flare's hd2 pros? how are you making em balanced? ive got a "sketchy" solution but got em to 4.4

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2,475 of 4,006
Bought them with a couple of cables the owner had made. One for line, other 4.4mm balanced. 4core split into two pairs into female mmcx connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back