Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 17, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,446 of 3,995
I love my R6 Pro, the only complaint is how it cannot reach the same wifi signal as my phone.

My phone can catch a wifi signal 1 more room away than the HiBy R6 Pro.

I just stick to 2.4Ghz wifi which is fine for audio only streaming.
I got a reply from Joe Bloggs about this same thing with the R3. My phone gets better range than my R6 Pro. It has to do with the antenna design. With my R3 I can connect from room to room to my phone better than I can with the R6 Pro.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,447 of 3,995
I had the button issue with the last firmware update and updating Google Play Services fixed it for me.
Yes, that's the other suggested fix.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 17, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #2,448 of 3,995
It's really sad. One of the main selling points of these current mid range DAPs is the android platform and the ability to use streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, and etc. Yet, they use the cheapest/crappiest wifi available to save a few bucks and weakens the effectiveness of performing one of its core functions. STREAM MUSIC!!! Frustrating......
Well, many would argue that the core function of a DAP is to PLAY MUSIC and all this Android / WiFi / Bluetooth mumbo jumbo is detracting from the quality of the core functionality. I don't think it does (not when done right anyway...) but being a major DAP vendor can be a highly confusing experience at times in terms of customer expectations...

:sweat_smile:

Also note that audio, especially hi-end audio, is essentially at cross purposes with wireless functionality. The more hi-fi the audio circuit, with more discrete decoders, amplifiers etc. parts, the more prone it tends to be to radio interference, and the more shielding needs be added, which of course tends to block the antenna from sending and receiving signals as well...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,449 of 3,995
@Joe Bloggs A quick question. Any chance that Hiby will implement sorting by Album Artist? Shanling added it to the M0 and for the way my music is tagged it's a game changer.

Sep 17, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2,450 of 3,995
@Joe Bloggs A quick question. Any chance that Hiby will implement sorting by Album Artist? Shanling added it to the M0 and for the way my music is tagged it's a game changer.
source.gif

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #2,451 of 3,995
Isn't Headfi flooded with company rep/sponsors/vendors? How come they don't chime in when you need em? I'm sure they're monitoring.

I think Joe Bloggs is a rep no? regardless, despite the embarrassingly basic usability bugs and battery drain issues, I really like my r6 pro. and I am hoping that they can alleviate these issues as well as sorting issues. It's easy to be cynical and mean but I really do like their work, MSEB is so refreshing after dealing with Astell&Kern posturing about accuracy.

Please please PLEASE respect album artist sort order and album sort order, it is EXACTLY as easy as album artist and lets you avoid having half your library in the T section because it starts with "The". This is my #1 ask of the hiby music app. I might even switch back to my m0 for the interim because it's that important to me...

Sep 19, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #2,452 of 3,995
Anyone know if there any plans to gain a Universal equalizer so that I can use with my Tidal downloaded music?

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #2,453 of 3,995
Anyone know if there any plans to gain a Universal equalizer so that I can use with my Tidal downloaded music?
You can download various equalizer apps from Play store (the ones that give a five band EQ) but I don't know if they'll equalize TIDAL when it's outputting at hi-res.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #2,455 of 3,995
@Joe Bloggs any comment on the asks about sorting? Even if the answer is "never gonna happen" that would be better than nothing.
I'm not sure yet. I popped the question to HiBy HQ but haven't yet received an answer.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #2,456 of 3,995
What mid range IEM's have you guys been pairing with the R6 Pro? My old setup was a dx200 with 846's, tinkered with campfire but didn't get on with them and sold up not long after. Looking to get another DAP and this ticks all the boxes for me, just need to buy a set of well matched IEM's to compliment it. Rock/allt rock/grunge fan, anything from the stones through to foo fighters...

*currently have a set of Sony XBA-N3 for general use, I'll grab a balanced cable for them and give them a run regardless.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,457 of 3,995
What mid range IEM's have you guys been pairing with the R6 Pro? My old setup was a dx200 with 846's, tinkered with campfire but didn't get on with them and sold up not long after. Looking to get another DAP and this ticks all the boxes for me, just need to buy a set of well matched IEM's to compliment it. Rock/allt rock/grunge fan, anything from the stones through to foo fighters...

*currently have a set of Sony XBA-N3 for general use, I'll grab a balanced cable for them and give them a run regardless.
Fiio Fh5 . Sounds fantastic

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #2,458 of 3,995

Flare Pro 2 HD, Dunu Titan 6, Brainwavz B400, FLC8S.

Sep 20, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #2,459 of 3,995

Fearless S8F (sensitive, will have some hiss), BGVP DM6 and DM7, Kanas Pro, TSMR-3 Pro, Massdrop Plus, IMR R1 Zenith, IMR R2, and quite a few others. All my listening is out of balanced.

All sound great but please be aware that very sensitive IEMs will have some hiss to them. Usually not so bad it bothers me (I cannot hear it above the music unless there is a very quiet part), but when it does bother me I just use an ifi iematch type device.

If you don't need the fantastic output power the R6 Pro provides (if you are not going to drive some power hungry cans, for example) you might also consider the R5. Same in many respects, but less power and thus doesn't have the hiss on very sensitive IEMs. It is also smaller so more portable.

Just my 0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back