Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 10, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #2,431 of 4,006
Hello guys

Anyone has this problem?
I can hear some "tick" sound when I play songs randomly between different sampling rates.
ex) 44.1kHz <-> 96kHz, DSD64(2.8MHz)<-> 44.1kHz....etc

It happens intermittenly at the time right before starting.
My r6pro is international version and last firmware updated.

Because the R6(pro) sends the music of different sample rates directly to the DAC unaltered, the DAC has to switch between sample rates in hardware when switching between these different sample rates and formats. The tick sound is to be expected.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 11, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,432 of 4,006
@Joe Bloggs I'm having a few issues with 1.17G :frowning2:

1. Battery life is much worse suddenly, and the device gets hot even when it's not doing anything
  2. There is often a delay when hitting volume/skip physical buttons. Sometimes this delay is minutes! But no delay when using the touch interface
  3. Still no album artist sort order categorization :frowning2:
Overall still a sweet device, I love MSEB and I love that I could bludgeon someone with it in a pinch

I don't know why it is happening along with firmware updates but it can probably be fixed thus
https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/posts/1487231671419050

Did you manage to find a solution? I am having the same issue, i did the google play suggested fix but didn't work for anything, physical buttons works one out of three times, and have to wait ages before change song, minutes! not seconds, also the album artwork freezes to a random song and doesn't update to the next ones

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,433 of 4,006
Did you manage to find a solution? I am having the same issue, i did the google play suggested fix but didn't work for anything, physical buttons works one out of three times, and have to wait ages before change song, minutes! not seconds, also the album artwork freezes to a random song and doesn't update to the next ones

Nope... it's especially annoying when I'm trying to turn music off. I'll hit the physical buttons a few times before I remember the issue, then use the UI to stop playback. But then a few minutes later it processes the physical buttons clicks and abruptly resumes audio!

Honestly I care more about the lack of album artist sort order tags, because if they don't fix that here it won't be fixed for other devices either.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,434 of 4,006
Nope... it's especially annoying when I'm trying to turn music off. I'll hit the physical buttons a few times before I remember the issue, then use the UI to stop playback. But then a few minutes later it processes the physical buttons clicks and abruptly resumes audio!

Honestly I care more about the lack of album artist sort order tags, because if they don't fix that here it won't be fixed for other devices either.

My R6 Pro has been powered off since I picked up N6II, and now I'm scared to power it back on :astonished::anguished: Is this with the latest firmware update?

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #2,435 of 4,006
My R6 Pro has been powered off since I picked up N6II, and now I'm scared to power it back on :astonished::anguished: Is this with the latest firmware update?
this is 1.17G beta which is still the latest according to OTA. I don't think this device ever auto-updates? so you should be fine as long as you don't trigger the update yourself.

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #2,436 of 4,006

Can you try the following:
1. Revoke all permissions for the google play services and google play store
2. Reboot
3. Re-grant all permissions for them
4. Reboot

And tell me if any improvement happens?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 14, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #2,437 of 4,006
Can you try the following:
1. Revoke all permissions for the google play services and google play store
2. Reboot
3. Re-grant all permissions for them
4. Reboot

And tell me if any improvement happens?

I'm seeing the same thing with my new R6 Pro I got a few days back. I tried the above steps to no avail -- still seems to have the pause before any button presses register. It's random though -- sometimes it works -- sometimes it doesn't.

It may be coincidental but the HiBy Music app also sometimes doesn't auto-login and sometimes seems to. When it doesn't log in -- the button press pause issue seems more prominent.

Anything else to try?

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #2,438 of 4,006
I'm seeing the same thing with my new R6 Pro I got a few days back. I tried the above steps to no avail -- still seems to have the pause before any button presses register. It's random though -- sometimes it works -- sometimes it doesn't.

It may be coincidental but the HiBy Music app also sometimes doesn't auto-login and sometimes seems to. When it doesn't log in -- the button press pause issue seems more prominent.

Anything else to try?

If you got it only a few days ago, return it for a full refund. I stopped using my R6 after many issues, most notably random wi-fi drops after a firmware update (added sleep mode).

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #2,439 of 4,006
If you got it only a few days ago, return it for a full refund. I stopped using my R6 after many issues, most notably random wi-fi drops after a firmware update (added sleep mode).

I'm not really having very many issues luckily. The unresponsive buttons seem to only impact the actual HiBy Music app. Even when that apps seems slow to respond, the buttons work great in Spotify, Audible, etc. I'm thinking (hoping) it's just an issue with the app.

Outside of that -- I've been enjoying the device immensely. Very happy with it!

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,440 of 4,006
I love my R6 Pro, the only complaint is how it cannot reach the same wifi signal as my phone.

My phone can catch a wifi signal 1 more room away than the HiBy R6 Pro.

I just stick to 2.4Ghz wifi which is fine for audio only streaming.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #2,441 of 4,006
I love my R6 Pro, the only complaint is how it cannot reach the same wifi signal as my phone.

I have found that downloads where from your music library or Tidal,Qobuz sound better anyway so thats how i listen. There is a big difference in audio quality between a Tidal stream and a Tidal download.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #2,443 of 4,006

It's really sad. One of the main selling points of these current mid range DAPs is the android platform and the ability to use streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, and etc. Yet, they use the cheapest/crappiest wifi available to save a few bucks and weakens the effectiveness of performing one of its core functions. STREAM MUSIC!!! Frustrating......

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #2,444 of 4,006
Didn't work for me :frowning2:

Isn't Headfi flooded with company rep/sponsors/vendors? How come they don't chime in when you need em? I'm sure they're monitoring.

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #2,445 of 4,006
I had the button issue with the last firmware update and updating Google Play Services fixed it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back