Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #2,416 of 4,006
006KWzx5ly4g6nmgit81yj30u01hc112.jpg

HiBy R8 is the flagship model
4G SIM compatibile for mobile streaming
Android 9
Snapdragon 625

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #2,418 of 4,006
After looking for the R8 on the Hiby site I ran into the new (?) Hiby W5, soooo my question is with the W5 coming out with Bluetooth 5 when the Hiby DAP's be upgraded to BT5?
Without BT5 I pretty much have to carry my player with me if I go from one room in my house to another. I don't have that problem with my LG G7 phone.

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #2,420 of 4,006

Android 9
Snapdragon 625

Wow I'm excited but the Chinese companies are churning out new audio products at a breakneck speed. Wish they'd slow down a bit for people to enjoy what they have without feeling like their gear is outdated or obsolete. It's hard to keep up with all the changes to be honest. But I'm grateful we have plenty of choices and chi-fi is really stepping up, coming out with great products at a consistent basis. Competition is fierce, which is good for the consumers. Good times.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #2,423 of 4,006
I'm glad HiBy is building on its strength as an Android powerhouse and releasing their first DAP with cellular connectivity.

Hopefully the market will be more receptive of this than it did of others' previous attempts (Onkyo Granbeat? :sweat: wonder what went wrong there)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 7, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #2,424 of 4,006
I'm glad HiBy is building on its strength as an Android powerhouse and releasing their first DAP with cellular connectivity.

Hopefully the market will be more receptive of this than it did of others' previous attempts (Onkyo Granbeat? :sweat: wonder what went wrong there)

It will fail if its meant to be a phone with dap like sound as people change phones too often and want the latest phone features. If its a dap with 4g option for streaming on the move then thats good.

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #2,425 of 4,006

Android 9
Snapdragon 625
When? How much? I have a spare kidney...

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,426 of 4,006
After looking for the R8 on the Hiby site I ran into the new (?) Hiby W5, soooo my question is with the W5 coming out with Bluetooth 5 when the Hiby DAP's be upgraded to BT5?
Without BT5 I pretty much have to carry my player with me if I go from one room in my house to another. I don't have that problem with my LG G7 phone.

The Qualcomm 625 does not support Bluetooth 5.0, so they can't add it even if they wanted to.

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #2,428 of 4,006
Hello guys

Anyone has this problem?
I can hear some "tick" sound when I play songs randomly between different sampling rates.
ex) 44.1kHz <-> 96kHz, DSD64(2.8MHz)<-> 44.1kHz....etc

It happens intermittenly at the time right before starting.
My r6pro is international version and last firmware updated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back