Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 18, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,051 of 4,006
a pity - no chance to buy the R6 pro here in Germany or Europe at the moment, although it is already available on Amazon.com.

Well you actually can order on amazon.com and it will show you the customs fee that are now pre-paid... you’ll get hit for sure so better wait but still doable...

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #1,052 of 4,006
Well you actually can order on amazon.com and it will show you the customs fee that are now pre-paid... you’ll get hit for sure so better wait but still doable...

Yes - i have to keep on waiting (patiently) ...

At amazon.com the seller(s) are not shown "Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location" - probably sold by an american marketplace dealer ...

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1,053 of 4,006
Just another wrinkle in my troubleshooting. Offline/Streaming Tidal output through the 4.4mm, with all the same cables all PERFECT. No noise whatsoever. This is why I think the issue is a software glitch somewhere. Well at least I am happy to not have to buy new cables.

... as opposed to what happening when using what other apps? :O

Have you installed the extra patch being distributed around here such that your pro plays TIDAL at 88.2/96kHz?

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,054 of 4,006
... as opposed to what happening when using what other apps? :O

Have you installed the extra patch being distributed around here such that your pro plays TIDAL at 88.2/96kHz?

For me playing music through the Hiby App, Neutron, USB Audio Pro, Podcastaddict, off the 4.4mm socket, I get the noise issue. Depends on the cable, though. Mind you my noise issue is on the left channel, and it's a repeating pulse/click that stops after the song starts and ends. All cable dependent.

I do have some signal interference, if my phone is near the player. That's a intermittent issue.

And yes I have installed the patch you provided.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,055 of 4,006
For me playing music through the Hiby App, Neutron, USB Audio Pro, Podcastaddict, off the 4.4mm socket, I get the noise issue. Depends on the cable, though. Mind you my noise issue is on the left channel, and it's a repeating pulse/click that stops after the song starts and ends. All cable dependent.

I do have some signal interference, if my phone is near the player. That's a intermittent issue.

And yes I have installed the patch you provided.
Can you try playing off HiByMusic while enablinig the Fixed output sampling rate option, set it to 88200 or 96000 and see what happens?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,056 of 4,006
Can you try playing off HiByMusic while enablinig the Fixed output sampling rate option, set it to 88200 or 96000 and see what happens?

I already tried that-once some reported that as a fix a few posts back. I personally still get the 4.4mm noise, depending on the cable.

Also I do hope the software team is looking into why music output will stop completely sometimes (requiring shutting down all apps) and rebooting the device), when switching audio apps too quickly. The song will be still play, but the audio output through the amp is silent (through both 3.5/4.4). Someone else also reported the audio sticking, so it's not just me.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,057 of 4,006
I already tried that-once some reported that as a fix a few posts back. I personally still get the 4.4mm noise, depending on the cable.

Also I do hope the software team is looking into why music output will stop completely sometimes (requiring shutting down all apps) and rebooting the device), when switching audio apps too quickly. The song will be still play, but the audio output through the amp is silent (through both 3.5/4.4). Someone else also reported the audio sticking, so it's not just me.
That used to happen on the original R6 to me as well.... But hasn't happened in a while.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,058 of 4,006
Is there any official or unofficial acknowledgement from Hiby regarding the interference people are facing?

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #1,059 of 4,006
I just received an International version R6 Pro and am having no noise issues. Tested both SE and Balanced with the Cayin adapter.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #1,060 of 4,006
I just received an International version R6 Pro and am having no noise issues. Tested both SE and Balanced with the Cayin adapter.
Thats great to know. It seems that it was a small production batch that has the alleged problem.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,061 of 4,006
Got my unit back from repair. I have nothing else than positive experiences with the service.
Now I got a fully working unit again. I am now a happy camper.

52557728_329907684316622_5650584031180357632_n.jpg

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #1,063 of 4,006
Great, I'm happy for you. What was the problem?

Not really sure what the reason was. But it stopped outputing sound.
Bluetooth worked. But not the SE balanced or line out.
I could hear background hiss (the effect of low output impedence) on sensitive IEM's when the amp turned on.
My best guess is somewhere on the input to the amp.

The unit was exchanged to a new unit, and returned the same day they recieved it.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,064 of 4,006
Not really sure what the reason was. But it stopped outputing sound.
Bluetooth worked. But not the SE balanced or line out.
I could hear background hiss (the effect of low output impedence) on sensitive IEM's when the amp turned on.
My best guess is somewhere on the input to the amp.

The unit was exchanged to a new unit, and returned the same day they recieved it.

Do you have any of the background noises, intermittent sound delays, left channel clicking (others described it differently, but you get the point), in the NEW unit? How is your 4.4mm jack?

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,065 of 4,006
Do you have any of the background noises, intermittent sound delays, left channel clicking (others described it differently, but you get the point), in the NEW unit? How is your 4.4mm jack?

The only "noise" I had, was noise generated due to the low output impedence. To achieve a more or less totaly black background, you have to increase the output impedence, like they did on the R6.
(For more details, look at Post #936)

Running my HE-400 off 4.4 balanced, with a 4.4 to 4pin XLR adapter. Still silent.
No interference from any other device, even if my phone is lying on top. Not even when when the phone rings, or gets a text message.

I don't have left channel clicking, or delays. I did not have that issue on the old unit either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back