Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #1,036 of 4,006
Also if you use EQ the M5s has a poor implementation. Shanling are meant to be fixing this but I got fed up of waiting and sold mine on.
Ditto. Very poor EQ. Also the reason I sent mine back.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #1,037 of 4,006
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #1,038 of 4,006
For those who have encountered popping/crackling/other noises when their R6 Pro was right next to their mobile phones, did this only happen when you had your IEMs connected to the balanced output?

I have had my R6 Pro for a couple of days now and not heard any noises, even when I stack the device on top of my iPhone. However, I have only been using the 3.5 output so far (waiting for a balanced cable with 4.4 connector to arrive). My IEMs are JH Audio Roxannes with stock JH Audio non balanced cable.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,039 of 4,006
For those who have encountered popping/crackling/other noises when their R6 Pro was right next to their mobile phones, did this only happen when you had your IEMs connected to the balanced output?

I have had my R6 Pro for a couple of days now and not heard any noises, even when I stack the device on top of my iPhone. However, I have only been using the 3.5 output so far (waiting for a balanced cable with 4.4 connector to arrive). My IEMs are JH Audio Roxannes with stock JH Audio non balanced cable.

I have it from 3.5mm and 4.4mm to varying degrees. It seems better on 3.5mm to me but i have it regardless

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #1,040 of 4,006

I don't have ANY interference on the 3.5mm.

My issue is only, when using the 4.4mm jack. I think its one part cable jack design, part hiby jack tolerances, as I have issues with some cables and not others. I have no issues with the same cables, using my DX200/amp8, wm1a, or Fiio X7II/am3b, which all have 4.4mm jacks. So its definitely a HIby issue on my end. Others have varying degrees of noise. Still waiting on a newer firmware update, I hope that fixes it.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,041 of 4,006
Thanks for the feedback re the mobile phone interference issues. I suppose I have to wait for the balanced cable before I know how bad it is (although I think I can safely assume this issue is a design flaw, and will exist with my device too).

On a separate subject, the R6 Pro has the "high-res" Bluetooth codecs etc (eg LDAC and aptx HD). Has anyone tried the sound through a bluetooth headset which support this hi-res bluetooth? (I assume is there is still some degradation in sound in hi-res bluetooth vs just a wired connection, but question is how discernible is that difference with say FLAC quality audio).

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #1,042 of 4,006
Thanks for the feedback re the mobile phone interference issues. I suppose I have to wait for the balanced cable before I know how bad it is (although I think I can safely assume this issue is a design flaw, and will exist with my device too).

On a separate subject, the R6 Pro has the "high-res" Bluetooth codecs etc (eg LDAC and aptx HD). Has anyone tried the sound through a bluetooth headset which support this hi-res bluetooth? (I assume is there is still some degradation in sound in hi-res bluetooth vs just a wired connection, but question is how discernible is that difference with say FLAC quality audio).

Writing an article on that now... Would publish it soon. R6Pro does have all types of BT codecs including aptX, aptX HD and LDAC. It would also have UAT (newer, developed by HiBY, 24/192) a bit later.
Yes, sound still degrades in direct A|B comparison even with LDAC but not that much. If not to compare - sounds nice. The only flaws you might (or might not) hear are higher noise floor and less treble extension.
But remember, that audio quality that comes to your ears is generated by DAC/AMP of Bluetooth receiver, therefore - it should be very good. R6Pro only transfers data.

_DSC0077.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #1,043 of 4,006
I don't have ANY interference on the 3.5mm.

My issue is only, when using the 4.4mm jack. I think its one part cable jack design, part hiby jack tolerances, as I have issues with some cables and not others. I have no issues with the same cables, using my DX200/amp8, wm1a, or Fiio X7II/am3b, which all have 4.4mm jacks. So its definitely a HIby issue on my end. Others have varying degrees of noise. Still waiting on a newer firmware update, I hope that fixes it.
I just don't see how a firmware update could fix the underlying hardware issue....

Bummer that we have to be careful about what cables we use. It'll make buying cables a crapshoot.

Has anyone experimented with plastic spacers? Honestly with my ibasso ca02 adapter it looks like the plug doesn't quite go all the way in, but I have no problems.....

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #1,044 of 4,006
I just don't see how a firmware update could fix the underlying hardware issue....

Bummer that we have to be careful about what cables we use. It'll make buying cables a crapshoot.

Has anyone experimented with plastic spacers? Honestly with my ibasso ca02 adapter it looks like the plug doesn't quite go all the way in, but I have no problems.....

We won't know if it's just a few odd units, until more ship and others can detail their experiences.

Quite a few members do NOT have any issues

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #1,046 of 4,006
We won't know if it's just a few odd units, until more ship and others can detail their experiences.

Mine does not have interference issues .using a Sony made 4.4 cable and have no issues at all. International edition.
But, my side buttons are not as responsive as they were when I first got it .have to push harder to get power on and to pause .as well if screen is off the pause button will pause music but it will not unpause w button press unless the screen on .

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #1,047 of 4,006

True, and I am one who has had no interference or cable issues, but it makes me leery of buying new 4.4 cables rather than just continuing with my adapter....

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #1,048 of 4,006
True, and I am one who has had no interference or cable issues, but it makes me leery of buying new 4.4 cables rather than just continuing with my adapter....

Just another wrinkle in my troubleshooting. Offline/Streaming Tidal output through the 4.4mm, with all the same cables all PERFECT. No noise whatsoever. This is why I think the issue is a software glitch somewhere. Well at least I am happy to not have to buy new cables.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #1,049 of 4,006
Personally I have not encountered any interference or popping/hissing during my general use since I had mine. I did tried out 2 sets of popular wireless headphones in shop, the Bose QuietComfort 35 II & Sony WH-1000XM3, with R6 Pro's bluetooth connection and did experience short interval blank with the latter during playback.

I just tried with my iem (sf5pro) at 3.5mm jack while placing R6 Pro right next to my mobile phone (bluetooth connect to my smart watch, wifi on connected to my home wifi router). Playback is still clean. Then I stack my phone on top of R6 Pro, there I get slight interference noise on the left side of my iem. It is rather some short white noise than popping. Both these positions are not common in my daily use, I am not too worried about it. Hope you get your issue solved soon!

An update on interference issue. I finally received my new 4.4mm cable for my HD25 i-II. I originally thought interference is related to IEMs having high sensitivity/low impedance. Interestingly my HD25-i-II on 4.4mm balanced also has the interference exclusively on left side, and the DAP now doesn't have to be stacked right on top of my phone to have it occur. if i place DAP on left lap and phone on right lap, it is close enough to pick up the interference, but it is less noticeable than my IEM at 3.5mm SE, less apparent. I almost mistaken them as detail from the song due to the headphone cable upgrade.

Overall, I still don't consider it significant enough to distract my enjoyment. No intent to give up the R6 Pro.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #1,050 of 4,006
a pity - no chance to buy the R6 pro here in Germany or Europe at the moment, although it is already available on Amazon.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back