Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 12, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #1,006 of 4,006
Anybody know which pelican case model would be a good fit for this dap?
I believe the Pelican 1020 is a perfect fit. I had the original R6 and I believe it just fit into that. PLEASE check the measurement first. Maybe someone else can confirm. If not the 1030 works.

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,007 of 4,006
5852E8B1-9C7C-42CA-AD23-DFD112C5C348.jpeg
66F26F80-207F-4141-B665-B9AE7838DC93.jpeg
image.jpg
Just received my R6 Pro from the courier ☺️.. super excited !

Am majorly into Tidal streaming and Tidal offline. So the R6 Pro is basically the best option in the market right now for my need. In fact nothing else comes even close to it in terms of my requirements (hi res Tidal streaming DAP which allows Tidal offline etc). In that sense, my decision was an easy one to buy this.

Only switched it on for a couple of minutes to check that there is no screen “bleeding”, and that it has PlayStore installed (ie its the international version). I will look out for those crackling/popping sounds ,others have mentioned, which are a result of placing the unit near phones etc.

Came with a free IEM case thrown in. Very disappointed it didn’t come with the Cayin 4.4 to 2.5 balanced adapter, as this was supposed to be included, as a promotional offer, with the first batch of R6 Pros sold in dealerships in HK (along with the IEM case). The date on the back of the packaging box is 22 January 2019, so perhaps this is a second batch device.

It will set me back another USD 50 to buy this adapter (anyone knows of another high quality adapter brand etc that’s costs less?)

Purchased mine online from let’s go audio. They are selling these for HK$ 5000 (which is USD 637), but will only deliver to HK. I used a forwarding agent/courier to ship it out of HK (cost me USD 20 to ship, so not too bad).

I should just add this forwarding agent only delivers to Dubai (where I am currently based). So if you can figure out a way to get these units from HK to wherever you are based, then USD 637 is not a bad price for the international version...

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,008 of 4,006
No show in Europe yet, although there are imports from HK & USA on Ebay.
I'm hoping to hear if anyone has installed USB Audio Player Pro yet & tried Tidal Masters from the embedded facility which works perfectly on my Onkyo player and gives 24 bit playback

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #1,010 of 4,006
I bought a pelican box to keep it safe in my bag.

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,012 of 4,006
Bought the 1040 as it has more than enough space to fit possibly earbuds too!

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #1,013 of 4,006
I had to return my unit. It had some weird fault, where it did not output any signal to the amp. Just got the news from my proxy, that the unit have been replaced. So far HiBy's service has been good. :D

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #1,015 of 4,006
Could you provide a Pic of the player in the 1040 case? Would love to see how much space it has.
Haven't arrived yet but will do

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #1,018 of 4,006
Installed USB audio pro and it seems that it bypassed the hiby dac and uses the Android as it asked if there was an external dac attached .it then seemed to recognize mqa but played at 44.1 through Android .
Anyone else confirm this?
Hello,

To play at variable sample rates through UAPP through the R6 headphone outs, simply go to settings->Android audio->Android sample rate and change from Fixed 44100 to Variable rate. Alternatively you can try toggling the Internal audio driver from "Original Android driver" to "HiRes Direct driver" but I didn't see any changes to confirm or deny whether was working when I tried this.

Edit: Looks like Direct comes out with the player saying Direct to the left File while Android comes out with it saying Android. The sample rate matches the File sample rate in either case if you did as above, but only if you've installed the patch I have been giving out in private. Which however has been made public elsewhere up in the thread.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,019 of 4,006
How does this compare with iBasso dx200 in terms of sound quality ?
I've found it to more energetic and dynamic but perhaps the dx200 is more analytical

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,020 of 4,006
I've found it to more energetic and dynamic but perhaps the dx200 is more analytical

DX200 is not analytical IMHO, it has great detail retrieval but still is very musical. The R6 Pro is a little bit more on the fun side of neutral, with a very natural sounding tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back