Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 3, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #751 of 4,000
Mine comes tomorrow and I'll play around, but it sounds like you need to use some plastic connector spacers for those cables.

I ordered the ibasso ca02 for use with this and it came with a bunch, but I'm sure you can buy them alone or find them in the packaging for some of your cables.

Otherwise, you might just have a defective 4.4mm port, which is something that should be better from the 2.5/3.5mm ports to the 4.4mm standard. I have a bad Port on my ibasso pb03 and it does similar things, and I can hear the channels cutting out too in addition to the popping/crackling.

Hopefully you didn't damage the port by pushing the cables in so hard when you initially had trouble.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #752 of 4,000
Mine comes tomorrow and I'll play around, but it sounds like you need to use some plastic connector spacers for those cables.

I ordered the ibasso ca02 for use with this and it came with a bunch, but I'm sure you can buy them alone or find them in the packaging for some of your cables.

Otherwise, you might just have a defective 4.4mm port, which is something that should be better from the 2.5/3.5mm ports to the 4.4mm standard. I have a bad Port on my ibasso pb03 and it does similar things, and I can hear the channels cutting out too in addition to the popping/crackling.

Hopefully you didn't damage the port by pushing the cables in so hard when you initially had trouble.

It turned out to be just the caboe. I have a spare cheapo 2.5mm cable that I use a 4.4mm adapter with and it's perfect. Both fiio cables use the same connector and both exhibit the same hiss, static and pops

Feb 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #753 of 4,000
It turned out to be just the caboe. I have a spare cheapo 2.5mm cable that I use a 4.4mm adapter with and it's perfect. Both fiio cables use the same connector and both exhibit the same hiss, static and pops
Glad to hear it is just a cable issue. I’ve been using the R6 Pro with Shure SE846, an iBasso balanced 2.5mm cable, and the 2.5mm to 4mm Cayin adapter and have absolutely no issues with pops or hiss. The SE846 is a pretty sensitive IEM as well.

Feb 3, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #755 of 4,000
Hi guys I caved in ahaha and bought one and will be receiving it tom...How do you guys rate the R6 pro so far?
I have the R6 and don’t regret getting the R6 Pro. To me the Pro is quite a bit improved. The touchscreen reacts faster and is calibrated better, there is a clear improvement in WiFi strength and function, and I am preferring the overall tonality to the Pro over the original R6. I have only tested it so far with my Grado RS1e and Shure SE846 earphones but I am very pleased. I think you will be glad you ordered one.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #757 of 4,000
Is the MTMT one from Hong Kong an International version with Google Play store ?

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #759 of 4,000
Out of interest, can anyone comment on/compare the Pioneer XDP-300R with the Hiby R6 (Or R6 Pro)? Although I know they are very different brands (and "DNA"), but on paper at least, they both share many similar of features... both android based DAPs with playstore, balanced output, can play MQA etc etc.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/High-Resolution+Audio/XDP-300R-B

Just intrigued, as the RRP is not much different either ..

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #760 of 4,000
Re: noise / hiss issue. FYI.
Hi, I have used the R6 Pro for a couple of days. I also noticed some noise on some more sensitive earphones (e.g. Shure SE846). First time was quite bad, but subsequently improved. I realized that there is some interference from my mobile phone. If my phone is near the device, the noise increases. If far away or switched off almost nothing.

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #761 of 4,000
Re: noise / hiss issue. FYI.
Hi, I have used the R6 Pro for a couple of days. I also noticed some noise on some more sensitive earphones (e.g. Shure SE846). First time was quite bad, but subsequently improved. I realized that there is some interference from my mobile phone. If my phone is near the device, the noise increases. If far away or switched off almost nothing.
Could you try this with wifi switched off on the device to eliminate that possibility please. Thanks

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #763 of 4,000
I believe @SciOC ordered his R6 Pro from them a few days ago, and due receive his unit today?... so perhaps he can confirm ?
Just arrived. Haven't listened to it yet as it's quite cold and scanning music. It came with playstore installed. Pics are versus original r6. The plastic case that comes with it is a nice surprise (cheapo, but better than nothing while I order the miter case).

IMG_20190204_091714.jpg
IMG_20190204_091751.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #764 of 4,000
Just arrived. Haven't listened to it yet as it's quite cold and scanning music. It came with playstore installed. Pics are versus original r6. The plastic case that comes with it is a nice surprise (cheapo, but better than nothing while I order the miter case).

Congrats .. and you got these at a very good price I believe.

MTMT Shop pricing is crazy, right now its showing USD 890 with International shipping!. I think they must used some dynamic pricing algorithm, a bit like Arlines seats/tickets , which automatically lifts prices up when they get orders in succession/close proximity etc.

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #765 of 4,000
Yep, I'm definitely happy with the price since I can probably sell it at no loss if iI inexplicably hate it. MTMT seems like a one man operation, so I'm not sure how their pricing works...

So far, it sounds like the R6 with more power and noticeably more headspace (at least with my CL2)...

Either the CL2 are harder to drive than I thought or I've driven myself deaf, but I'm listening on high gain at 72/100 with the EQ gain slider at -3.5db on the 4.4mm balanced out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back