Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #766 of 4,006
Yep, I'm definitely happy with the price since I can probably sell it at no loss if iI inexplicably hate it. MTMT seems like a one man operation, so I'm not sure how their pricing works...

So far, it sounds like the R6 with more power and noticeably more headspace (at least with my CL2)...

Either the CL2 are harder to drive than I thought or I've driven myself deaf, but I'm listening on high gain at 72/100 with the EQ gain slider at -3.5db on the 4.4mm balanced out.
how would rate it from 1-10 so far?

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #767 of 4,006
I don't know how to answer that. It's too soon, but I basically wanted the r6 with cleaner and more power, and that's what it feels like thus far, so I'm happy.

Should only get better with burn in....

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #769 of 4,006
I checked further. turning on/off wifi on the Hiby doesnt make a difference. having the phone on airplane mode helps. also, the computer (using an Imac) also introduces some interference.
Are you pretty confident it is interference noise from an external source? Anybody else experiencing this issue?

I don't recall seeing this mentioned in the R6 thread but I am not 100% sure on that - maybe only 97%...

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #770 of 4,006
Well. I've been listening all day since I've got this. It's what the R6 should have been. I felt like I was pushing the R6 to it's breaking point a lot of the time and this feels effortless in comparison. It's cleaner, clearer and gives more headroom and volume. This is a great improvement for those who don't use a lot of mseb and EQ. It's a moderate improvement for those who do.

Is it hugely better than the R6? No. If you're happy with the R6 you're fine.

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #771 of 4,006
Well. I've been listening all day since I've got this. It's what the R6 should have been. I felt like I was pushing the R6 to it's breaking point a lot of the time and this feels effortless in comparison. It's cleaner, clearer and gives more headroom and volume. This is a great improvement for those who don't use a lot of mseb and EQ. It's a moderate improvement for those who do.

Is it hugely better than the R6? No. If you're happy with the R6 you're fine.
Any noticeable hiss or interference noise? Realizing you just received it recently - any thoughts or observations on the single ended versus balanced outputs?

Appreciate you taking the time to share with us for sure!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #772 of 4,006
Any noticeable hiss or interference noise? Realizing you just received it recently - any thoughts or observations on the single ended versus balanced outputs?

Appreciate you taking the time to share with us for sure!

Cheers,
Tim
No hiss or interference with RHA CL2. Not a particularly sensitive pair but I do listen really loud (apparently). I'll switch to a more sensitive pair tomorrow to further test. I've touched around on the adapter and connections and had no issues, which is usually a good sign.

I have no intent of ever using the SE output, maybe I'll test it tomorrow with my blue Lola's but I am not a reviewer per say, so don't enjoy listening to something I know will be inferior just to point out that it is inferior when I could be listening to a better setup.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #773 of 4,006
No hiss or interference with RHA CL2. Not a particularly sensitive pair but I do listen really loud (apparently). I'll switch to a more sensitive pair tomorrow to further test. I've touched around on the adapter and connections and had no issues, which is usually a good sign.

I have no intent of ever using the SE output, maybe I'll test it tomorrow with my blue Lola's but I am not a reviewer per say, so don't enjoy listening to something I know will be inferior just to point out that it is inferior when I could be listening to a better setup.
Thank you much!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 4, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #775 of 4,006
Can someone with sensitive iems please turn off all radios, pause the R6 Pro, and turn the volume all the way up to test for noise?

My R3 and M5s have zero hiss when doing this, and if I'm going to invest in the R6 Pro it better be able to do the same, or better.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #778 of 4,006
If no joy try a factory reset. Hold vol up and power till you get the play dead droid and no command, do the same again (hold vol up and power) now you should have the option to factory reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back