Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #796 of 4,005
Its very good to know that the R6 Pro is a good match with the DM6. No phonics? hissing? etc?

I have the DM6 on order.. hopefully will get after CNY. I think it only normally comes with an unbalanced cable/3.5mm connector. Which alternative (balanced) cable are you using with it?

This is the cable I am using and I have all 3 termination type cables in this brand.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4FNVFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have a Plussound XLR female to 4.4 mm adapter on order for 2 weeks but have 2 more weeks before delivery.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #798 of 4,005
yep should I ask for a replacement? also what is the version of your hiby music app?I cant side load the newer version

I'd get them to open one and check it out before swapping. I dont have it with me to check the hiby version. I know its different to playstore though. They used to be different on the R6 too, also the playstore one never used to have MSEB untill recently.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #799 of 4,005
I'd get them to open one and check it out before swapping. I dont have it with me to check the hiby version. I know its different to playstore though. They used to be different on the R6 too, also the playstore one never used to have MSEB untill recently.
what other music player do you suggest?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #801 of 4,005
Guess what :)

Finally, got R6Pro, international verison with GAPPs preinstalled, 1.1G FW release, Android 8.1.0

Didn't have enough time yesterday to play much with it but already have some impressions to share (apart from the upcoming full review):

1. Impressed with the externals and weight. I love when such sophisticated devices weight much. Provides very solid feel.
2. Sceen is georgeous. Big, bright, calibrated, with small edges. Sensitivity and accuracy are perfect
3. Like the power button with LED indication...
4. WiFi reception and download speed is quite good, not as good as in regular smartphone but no problems with streaming apps either
5. Didn't hear any hisses or clicks but I would test again with other IEMs.

6. For now tried only with 3.5mm output and Tanchjim Oxigen (very good) IEMs. Got blown away with the lower range (bass texturing, accuracy, presence) and with the entire balanced and delicate sound picture. As I've thought - Tanchjim Oxigen IEMs + R6Pro is an excellent combination. I would try 4.4mm balanced as well.

7. Also understood that:
  1. Hidizs AP80 is an outstanding DAP considering price|size and audio quality. Closer to HiBY R6Pro than my Shanlings, xDuoo and other DAPs.
  2. Hidizs Sonata DH1000 balanced DAC&AMP is the only source I have that could and would be directly compared, although not as capable anyway...
One question for other owners: my unit came with protective film on the sceen which has to be peeled off. No protection on screen afterwards. I've got screen protector among the accessories but it is smaller than the size of the screen. Do you have the same?

_DSC9889.jpg _DSC9893.jpg _DSC9895.jpg _DSC9898.jpg

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #806 of 4,005
man what could be the cause of this when trying my 4.4 cable playing a 16 bit file its fine..but when playing 24bit or dsd file it gives me popping sound...now when I try dsd or 24bit it gives me popping sound...when using a 2.5 cable then a 4.4 adapter it plays the dsd and 24bit file with no problems?what could be the problem..this doesnt happen on the dx150 hmm

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #807 of 4,005
Ohh sorry what I mean is a music player app since hiby is crashing on me....i tried neutron but it gave me a very high pitched noise

Haha Doh!, I've not tried USB Audio Player Pro as yet (I don't think they have a trial though, only paid) I use that on my dx200. What crashing are you getting?

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #810 of 4,005
is it a tight fit?like once you put it on,be sure that you wont remove it since its kinda hard to remove...also does the power button line up with the holes properly?

No not a tight fit but enough it won't slide out. Here are some other pics of the buttons to help out.

IMG_20190205_231706.jpg IMG_20190205_231717.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back