Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #812 of 4,000
did you remve the screen protector at the back?mine is so tight that i cant remove it easily

Hmm not sure I have one on or not, I think it is on by default on the r6 pro? Feels like it. I need to check my notes just to be sure but as of now no issues with the fit.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #813 of 4,000
Both front and rear protectors came installed on mine with just the film to peel off. Im trying to decide between the blue leather case and the miter case. Given that I cracked the back glass on my R6 and I have no idea how, I want good protection for this heavy little thing. I'd say it weighs pretty close to double my aluminum R6.

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #814 of 4,000
Both front and rear protectors came installed on mine with just the film to peel off. Im trying to decide between the blue leather case and the miter case. Given that I cracked the back glass on my R6 and I have no idea how, I want good protection for this heavy little thing. I'd say it weighs pretty close to double my aluminum R6.

I also had to peel off the film from both sides. But I don't see any screen protection... Seems as if it was just a film to secure the device during the transportation....

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #815 of 4,000
According to HiBy website the aluminum R6 is 190 grams and the R6 Pro is 285 grams - so 50% heavier...

Just in case anyone wanted the "official" numbers.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 5, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #819 of 4,000
sorry. just checked. there were screen and back glass protectors but were removed together with the upper layer.... Bad luck... My fault.
Whups, I was going to say to check for this. Mine was cold when I peeled it and I had to stick the protectors back on.

Fortunately they give you 2 sets, it looks like.

Always happy to see a DAP manufacturer including this kind of stuff. The shanling m5s comes with nothing....

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #824 of 4,000
yeah I did still waiting for their reply though...some of the unit that he sold had light bleed and some didn't....Do you think its normal if its IPS panel?

I think it is fair to say that it happens quite often with LCD screens but that does not mean it is normal or that it should be. You paid good money for the R6 Pro so you should get what you paid for and what you paid for is a screen with NO bleed :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back