Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 3, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #721 of 4,006
Try dropping the gain slider down to -6db or below and see if that helps in the EQ.....

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #722 of 4,006
That doesn't sound good. Which version do you have, intl, chinese or musictek? Campfire iems are extremely sensitive and very few daps, can handle that match, WITHOUT hissing.

musicteck which is the international version I believe (has google play preinstalled). I'm listening to a few more albums right now trying to figure out if it's always present or just more noticeable during certain scenarios.

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #723 of 4,006
If I am not mistaken, the Hiby R6 Pro page (on the official Hiby website) has changed overnight. They removed the previous product ordering link with the "SOLD OUT" message and the price (USD 799), and now its just basically showing pics and specs of the device.

Something is a foot.. (and interesting that there are people there still working the website over the CNY holiday etc).

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #724 of 4,006
I got the hissing and popping to stop I think. Didn't realize how much force the 4.4mm jack required, so it may not of been in entirely which would explain the pop and static. I'm not hearing either anymore (hiss is not perceivable unless it's completely silent, but I've given up on 0 zero hiss from the andromedas). Sorry for the false alarm.

Edit: On a side note, the heft of this thing is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #725 of 4,006
I got the hissing and popping to stop I think. Didn't realize how much force the 4.4mm jack required, so it may not of been in entirely which would explain the pop and static. I'm not hearing either anymore (hiss is not perceivable unless it's completely silent, but I've given up on 0 zero hiss from the andromedas). Sorry for the false alarm.

Phew that's good to know

Feb 3, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #726 of 4,006

Not as hefty as this, and I carry this 3 hrs on the go.
Screenshot_2019-02-03-14-07-52.png
Screenshot_2019-02-03-14-08-01.png

Feb 3, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #727 of 4,006
Lol, what dap and amp is that?

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #728 of 4,006
So the mtmtshop website is now quoting USD 699 for the R6 Pro (including international shipping), and a leather case . Their pricing is all over the place. I am pretty sure a couple of days ago they were at USD 799 (with shipping), and back on the 29th they were pricing these at USD 630ish (before they "corrected" the price back to USD 799). They are also throwing in what they claim is the original leather case (which I think is around USD 25 normally?).

Being in Hong Kong, I presume they are stocking the international version. So far, from my modest research, this is the "cheapest" R6 Pro, international version, currently available inclusive of international shipping, at USD 699.

Whether this price makes sense enough I supposed depends where you are shipping (importing) this, and payable import duties/taxes etc.

Not sure its enough for me to pull the trigger.. Ideally USD 650 (including shipping) would get me over the line...

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #729 of 4,006
Feb 3, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #731 of 4,006
whats the difference from international vs Chinese?only playstore?

Pretty much, but it is anyone's guess whether play store can ever be made available for chinese version.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 3, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #732 of 4,006

Google Play store and google services.
Google services is required for the login for Google products to work. This is why sideloading only play store will not work

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #733 of 4,006

I'm not too sure what the big attraction to google playstore and services is (especially on a dap) as the whole google framework is a massive bloat (memory, processor, space).
I use Aurora Store using my google account for full access to playstore including my paid apps. It's a single app and slicker than playstore.
If its for youtube then I haven't used this ridiculous advert laden app for years. The advert free third party apps are way better :L3000: like NewPipe etc

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #734 of 4,006
So yeah, the bad news is this: I thought I got the hissing and popping sorted out, but I didn't (It's really noticeable when songs are transitioning to the next--it sounds like a hiss popping in and out, like static that comes out from an old CRT TV on the static channel).

I tested this on multiple hi res albums just to be 100 percent sure this time (sometimes I think my brain plays tricks on me). I tested this using a few different balanced cables: two separate fiio 4.4mm mmcx connected headphones and a cheapo 2.5mm brainwavz cable converted into 4.4mm using the free caiiyin converter, and all three balanced cables have the same problem. I've lowered the db on the EQ slider to as low as I could get it to see if that would fix it like another member suggested to no luck.

When I switch to single ended 3.5mm litz cable that cable with my Andromeda, the pops, hiss, and static completely disappear. I wonder if the Andromedas are just hyper sensitive though because I also wasn't able to use my Andromedas using a Hiby R3 either, which has a low output impedance that is recommended with the Andromedas. Has anyone else had this problem using Andromedas in general? Like, I don't want to attribute this to the DAC just yet, but I also don't have any other IEMs within the same sensitivity range as the Andromedas. For all I know, the Andromedas just don't like playing nicely with a balanced setup.

This kinda sucks, because I really wanted to take advantage of using the 4.4mm jack. That a lowered output impedance (along with Android OS) were the main reasons I jumped at the chance to own this DAP, so I'm left just a little disappointed and confused at this point. Anyone else got any input with a similar scenario using the R6 Pro?

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #735 of 4,006
So yeah, the bad news is this: I thought I got the hissing and popping sorted out, but I didn't (It's really noticeable when songs are transitioning to the next--it sounds like a hiss popping in and out, like static that comes out from an old CRT TV on the static channel).

I tested this on multiple hi res albums just to be 100 percent sure this time (sometimes I think my brain plays tricks on me). I tested this using a few different balanced cables: two separate fiio 4.4mm mmcx connected headphones and a cheapo 2.5mm brainwavz cable converted into 4.4mm using the free caiiyin converter, and all three balanced cables have the same problem. I've lowered the db on the EQ slider to as low as I could get it to see if that would fix it like another member suggested to no luck.

When I switch to single ended 3.5mm litz cable that cable with my Andromeda, the pops, hiss, and static completely disappear. I wonder if the Andromedas are just hyper sensitive though because I also wasn't able to use my Andromedas using a Hiby R3 either, which has a low output impedance that is recommended with the Andromedas. Has anyone else had this problem using Andromedas in general? Like, I don't want to attribute this to the DAC just yet, but I also don't have any other IEMs within the same sensitivity range as the Andromedas. For all I know, the Andromedas just don't like playing nicely with a balanced setup.

This kinda sucks, because I really wanted to take advantage of using the 4.4mm jack. That a lowered output impedance (along with Android OS) were the main reasons I jumped at the chance to own this DAP, so I'm left just a little disappointed and confused at this point. Anyone else got any input with a similar scenario using the R6 Pro?

You're using low gain mode, right?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back