Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #844 of 4,005
yeah they the store told me to wait since the CNY end on Feb 12..still enjoying the unit though very smooth os and great sq

I saw your request on facebook but don't have official policy from hiby to respond on this yet. Did you buy from a place that can take your unit and issue replacement locally? Do consider that this is a music player and the screen, pretty as it may be, is just a navigation aid. Hopefully the light bleed isn't interfering with that function.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #845 of 4,005
Did you guys also notice when changing from dsd to 24bit or 16bit audio file or vice versa there is a poping sound?is this normal in the hiby app?do you guys have any other good music player app since mine isnt international version all I can do is sideload

Don't know about loud pops but some discontinuity would be normal because the DAC is switching context in hardware... Now if you had enabled "fixed output sampling rate" to a certain ... fixed rate, you would get rid of this, get EQ / MSEB for all music and more advantages besides, in exchange for ... you know... Having to live qith a fixed sampling rate

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 6, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #846 of 4,005
I saw your request on facebook but don't have official policy from hiby to respond on this yet. Did you buy from a place that can take your unit and issue replacement locally? Do consider that this is a music player and the screen, pretty as it may be, is just a navigation aid. Hopefully the light bleed isn't interfering with that function.
The store already told me that it would be replaced as soon as new stocks would I arrive...I know what you mean by just a navigation aid but of course it not a cheap device though that I can just ignore it...as what the other member said I paid a BIG sum to get this...Also Im kinda of an OCD when it comes to this it gets annoying after a while

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #847 of 4,005
The store already told me that it would be replaced as soon as new stocks would I arrive...

Great to hear. And sorry about the OCD, I bet that gets annoying after a while too (the OCD) ^_^"

Last edited:

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #853 of 4,005
What is it with Bad Guy Good Audio (YouTube) and his issues with Hiby? What have they done to piss him so much?
Whaddya mean? Dude shilled hard for the R6 despite there being 10 ohm output, and has said the R6 pro is better and worth $800. I gather from him the products are good, but the CS is horrible. Lots of people here have the same sentiment.

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #854 of 4,005
Guess what :)

Finally, got R6Pro, international verison with GAPPs preinstalled, 1.1G FW release, Android 8.1.0

Didn't have enough time yesterday to play much with it but already have some impressions to share (apart from the upcoming full review):

1. Impressed with the externals and weight. I love when such sophisticated devices weight much. Provides very solid feel.
2. Sceen is georgeous. Big, bright, calibrated, with small edges. Sensitivity and accuracy are perfect
3. Like the power button with LED indication...
4. WiFi reception and download speed is quite good, not as good as in regular smartphone but no problems with streaming apps either
5. Didn't hear any hisses or clicks but I would test again with other IEMs.

6. For now tried only with 3.5mm output and Tanchjim Oxigen (very good) IEMs. Got blown away with the lower range (bass texturing, accuracy, presence) and with the entire balanced and delicate sound picture. As I've thought - Tanchjim Oxigen IEMs + R6Pro is an excellent combination. I would try 4.4mm balanced as well.

7. Also understood that:
  1. Hidizs AP80 is an outstanding DAP considering price|size and audio quality. Closer to HiBY R6Pro than my Shanlings, xDuoo and other DAPs.
  2. Hidizs Sonata DH1000 balanced DAC&AMP is the only source I have that could and would be directly compared, although not as capable anyway...
One question for other owners: my unit came with protective film on the sceen which has to be peeled off. No protection on screen afterwards. I've got screen protector among the accessories but it is smaller than the size of the screen. Do you have the same?

Regarding the "screen protector among the accessories", I guess you are talking about the tempered glass protector. Yes, this is one of the niggle I have. It is nice for them to include both a plastic screen protector and a tempered glass protector, but the latter is smaller than the screen on mine too, and why can't they just provide a "correct" sized protector instead?

It is fair to say it has always been difficult to provide a proper sized tempered glass protector for curved edge screen. I would rather it is not included, than having one smaller than the screen to make me think they tried to be considerate but actually not well thought out.

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #855 of 4,005
Another niggle, or minor issue I have with the R6 Pro is the switching between MSEB on/off.

While I am pretty happy with the sound signature of DSD file playback after dialing the DSD gain compensation up few notches, other file format such as flac, wav, ape are slightly lacking in terms of punch. I could use the MSEB to adjust for compensation, but whenever I listen to DSD, these MSEB setting also applies too. That makes the DSD playback too punchy and clouded. I would then need to go into setting to turn MSEB off.

I can still live with it if I listen the entire album in order, but whenever I use shuffle playback mode, the switching between DSD and other format make the turning on/off MSEB slightly annoying.

Also whenever I am switching MSEB back on, I would have to go into load setting to load my previous MSEB adjustment, or everything will be neutral. I might have missed a setting or two which allow the adjustment to retain even MSEB is off, so please enlighten me if that's true.

Or is there a setting to restrict MSEB to take effect in certain file format only? What does the DSD gain compensation do anyway? With DSD gain compensation at default (0), the sound signature is slightly lacking the punch too, which lead me to see it as a exclusive MSEB for DSD files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back