Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #541 of 4,006
My R6 pro (chinese firmware 1.1) came in last night as well. I have not had the chance to use the R6 or R3 prior to this unit.

Reading about some of the issues which plagued the R6, the R6 pro doesn't seem to have the wifi issues that its predecessor had.

Sound quality on standard output certainly is already good, i wonder how 4.4 balanced will sound like (my cables are coming in later this month)

I had to reset my device on multiple occasions yesterday night as a result of trying to install Google Playstore

Installing the APK for the google apps resulted in a never ending crash for Google Framework --> Reset

Using the old method of installing the google apps via zip using the manual update resulted it being stuck on Hiby loading screen ---> Reset

Installing just the google play store apk was okay, opening it caused it to force close ---> Uninstall

Youtube app (via apk install) could not work as well as it relied upon google services to work ---> Uninstall

Spotify app (via apk install) worked

Upon contacting the Hiby team on FB, they confirmed that there wasn't any compatible google framework with the current china units on the chinese firmware. When quizzed upon when a release would be coming for this issue, they did not respond.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #543 of 4,006
According to these screen shots of the original R6 & the R6 PRO (thanks for posting!), the WiFi Reception is much better on the new R6 PRO.

Can you please confirm this? Have you had any type of issues with the WiFi for any streaming apps or for music downloads, etc???

WiFi performance is very important to me.

I also hope they get this "DTA" SRC issue sorted out quickly.

Thank you!

Like David, I haven't encountered any WiFi connection problem so far. But on the other hand, despite what's indicated in the screenshots, I don't really notice any difference in WiFi performance between the R6 and R6 Pro. That said, the operation has got more smooth and the screen display a lot more beautiful...

BTW, I think David has got his R6 Pro from the same source (the ultimate official dealer) as I have:
https://www.thinkinggroup.com/hiby-r6-pro

So, I believe it's an international version (with Google Play Store already installed), if anyone is interested to know. All I need to do was to log in and download my other apps.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #544 of 4,006
Like David, I haven't encountered any WiFi connection problem so far. But on the other hand, despite what's indicated in the screenshots, I don't really notice any difference in WiFi performance between the R6 and R6 Pro. That said, the operation has got more smooth and the screen display a lot more beautiful...

BTW, I think David has got his R6 Pro from the same source (the ultimate official dealer) as I have:

So, I believe it's an international version (with Google Play Store already installed), if anyone is interested to know. All I need to do was to log in and download my other apps.

Cheers
Could you please tell your FW version?

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #545 of 4,006

Cheers
But its out of stock by now

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #550 of 4,006
I asked HiBy a bit more direct, if the R6 Pro would be released in time before Chinese new year.this was their response:
It's expected to go on sales after the CNY. Stay tuned for our further announcement. Thanks.

Hoping it is fair of me to share this info.

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #551 of 4,006
I asked HiBy a bit more direct, if the R6 Pro would be released in time before Chinese new year.this was their response:
It's expected to go on sales after the CNY. Stay tuned for our further announcement. Thanks.

By "after" they mean by Summer Time ?

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #553 of 4,006

I should add that I have hinted until my face is blue that I expect a _____ discount for those email subscribers because subscribing to a newsletter is such a _____ price of admission.

All pointers suggest that those who want the R6 pro in a hurry should ____ get one from _____.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 22, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #554 of 4,006
I should add that I have hinted until my face is blue that I expect a _____ discount for those email subscribers because subscribing to a newsletter is such a _____ price of admission.

All pointers suggest that those who want the R6 pro in a hurry should ____ get one from _____.

I am bad at hints. XD

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #555 of 4,006

I'll fill in the blanks for the unaware.

Tiny, tiny, try to, China/Hong Kong.

Obvious to me this is a month or two or three away for the Western market. Hiby is no better with being forthcoming than during the IGG R6 campaign days except Joe is being a bit more forceful in his hints because he knows how mad people got and how insane he went.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back