1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Dec 14, 2018.
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. egotrip
    I don't feel confortable ordering from a Chinese language webstore. Because I don't trust translators to be accurate enough to avoid misunderstandings.

SciOC likes this.
  2. SciOC
    Then you'll just have to wait.:dt880smile:

Seriously. Stop holding your breath for an announcement. CNY is a big deal, settle in, it'll be a while.

superuser1 likes this.
  3. egotrip
    That is why I wanted to share the post, for the others holding their breath with me. :)

4. FunctionalDoc
    So won't be available until After Feb 14th and get whopping $50 discount . Any one know of the a Hong Kong that has them in stock and will ship to the US ?

I have ordered from Hong Kong in the past and paid DHL air got it IEM's in 4 days.

5. egotrip
    Not only US, but worldwide

6. FunctionalDoc
    No any other suppliers of R6 Pro that are reliable and ship to the US?

7. SciOC
    $50? I think that's too much. $10-25, or free shipping or a small add in item maybe? Not going to be much as Joe has hinted...

And as for February 14th, that is also awfully optimistic. Last year during the IGG campaign things were very slow after CNY/industry show season. Realistically March-April, hopefully not may....

8. deniska80
    In december on tmall.com the price was ~ 580$...For Chinese version
    I was an idiot and didn't order that((

9. IryxBRO
  10. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    The only major caveat of the Chinese version in use would be the lack of play store. Hiby tells me they're still figuring out how to add it to the Chinese ROM, and unlike on the original r6 marshmallow ROM, it seems any play store you manage to install in the future may not necessarily persist through firmware updates.

11. egotrip
    Questions aimed to the ones that have tried installing the Google Play Store APK to the chineese R6 Pro:
    From where did you download the APK?
    What version of the Play Store APK?
    Does it work?

12. egglizhen
    Got my R6 Pro for less then a day. Paired well with my JVC FD01 solidege.
    Based on my initial impression: ZX300 < R6 Pro < SE100 IMO.
    IMG_20190123_105241.jpg

superuser1 and SciOC like this.
  13. SciOC
    Cool, how much room between the se100 and r6 pro? Close enough to make up with DSP and the added power?

Really was hoping hiby would use the 9038 chip this time to really rival the TOTL players.

14. egglizhen
    Need more time to compare, but for now I feel like SE100 provides larger sound stage and more layering when listening to certain movie soundtracks or symphonies, say Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, 6. etc.
    But when listening pop, rock and roll, or classical string music, not that much difference, IMO.

The horse power of R6 pro is insane. I use volume 36 and it's already good enough. I think R6 pro can drive 300 ohm cans with its SE output!!!!!

hugo poon and SciOC like this.
  15. jmills8
    AK can be wider cause its shallow and on the cold side. Great for non bass songs.

Vitandus likes this.
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last