Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 14, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #3,946 of 4,006
Thank you sir! I thought I bought this way longer than 2 and a half years ago.

Will there be updates though? I think it's getting up there in age with Android 8 with no security updates since 2017. This thing drives my Arya and Aeolus almost as good as $2,000 in DAC and Amp.

1660704673540.png

I had this issue, where it would randomly shut down when the battery hits 80-85%, although it didn’t happen every time. I did a full factory reset about a month ago and the issue hasn’t come back so far. I use it for several hours on a daily basis.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #3,947 of 4,006
I had this issue, where it would randomly shut down when the battery hits 80-85%, although it didn’t happen every time. I did a full factory reset about a month ago and the issue hasn’t come back so far. I use it for several hours on a daily basis.
Wow nice! I guess that removes all your apps and settings, huh? But the music would stay obviously

Sep 15, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #3,948 of 4,006
Ah well... I did the full reset and after a few minutes it crashed and gave me the Android equivalent of "the blue screen of death." All kinds of errors and then I had to use the volume knob to pick reset again. All seemed well until the battery got back down to 85% and it shut down again.

Just ordered an iBasso DX320. Time to toss this thing in the garbage i guess

Thanks again for the help btw! I'm glad I tried it

Sep 15, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #3,949 of 4,006
It looks like a hardware issue then. Sorry, you will lose money. Although this is outside warranty period, may be worth shooting an email to Hiby customer support, letting them know of this problem. May be you get lucky, never know, or if they can fix it for a small charge, you can at least sell it and move on.

Sep 15, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #3,950 of 4,006
so here’s a weird one. My R6 Pro (bought about 2 years ago) works perfectly plugged in to power. However if I unplug it, it runs for a few minutes and when the battery hits about 85% it shuts down. If I plug it in then it charges back up to 100% really quickly.

It’s a great DAP aside from that. @Joe Bloggs any thoughts? I’m updated to the latest firmware

Thanks!
Hi Luke,

Unfortunately it sounds like the battery is just a bit far gone. You should contact service@hiby.com regarding repair options.

Cheers,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 16, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #3,952 of 4,006
Thanks Joe. I'd need to ship it to China though, right? Or is there somewhere in USA that can do it?
Officially yes. There have been cases of users obtaining specs of compatible batteries from us, obtaining one and soldering them in and out themselves.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 16, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #3,953 of 4,006
Officially yes. There have been cases of users obtaining specs of compatible batteries from us, obtaining one and soldering them in and out themselves.
Ha that sounds way beyond my ability level. It seems like it would almost make sense to buy something like the R3 Pro Saber without going through all the trouble of shipping the R6P back and paying for a new battery

Sep 18, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #3,954 of 4,006
Hi,
Very naive music lover here with next to no knowledge.
I have been enjoying this device for sometime with some fiio balanced earbuds until yesterday when I purchased some Sennheisser Momentum 4's. To me, the sound quality is excellent but the volume is not sufficient for my liking (everything on stock settings.)
Is there any way I can increase the maximum volume or, do I need to purchase some sort of amp?
Is it possible to perhaps increase everything in the equaliser on this device to achieve a higher overall volume or will this distort the sound in some way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 18, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #3,955 of 4,006
Hi,
Very naive music lover here with next to no knowledge.
I have been enjoying this device for sometime with some fiio balanced earbuds until yesterday when I purchased some Sennheisser Momentum 4's. To me, the sound quality is excellent but the volume is not sufficient for my liking (everything on stock settings.)
Is there any way I can increase the maximum volume or, do I need to purchase some sort of amp?
Is it possible to perhaps increase everything in the equaliser on this device to achieve a higher overall volume or will this distort the sound in some way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using bluetooth, USB or wired connection (3.5 mm)?

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,957 of 4,006
I'm mainly concerned with a wireless connection however, using the included 2.5mm cable, the maximum volume is equally low.

Well, with bluetooth and USB you are using the amp that is built in to the headphones, not the R6 Pro's internal amp. With bluetooth you could try turning off bluetooth absolute volume in Android's developer settings, setting the R6 volume to maximum and control total volume on the headphone (which I think is done by swiping up and down on the right earcup). With wired, try setting the R6 Pro to high gain (if you haven't already).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #3,958 of 4,006
Well, with bluetooth and USB you are using the amp that is built in to the headphones, not the R6 Pro's internal amp. With bluetooth you could try turning off bluetooth absolute volume in Android's developer settings, setting the R6 volume to maximum and control total volume on the headphone (which I think is done by swiping up and down on the right earcup). With wired, try setting the R6 Pro to high gain (if you haven't already).
Thanks for trying to help but, sadly, these suggestions mad no noticeable difference.

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #3,959 of 4,006
Thanks for trying to help but, sadly, these suggestions mad no noticeable difference.
Oh well, sorry I was no help. That's all I can think of to make it louder.

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #3,960 of 4,006
New with ak4499

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-171659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-171659_Chrome.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back