Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jul 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #2,191 of 4,002
If the M11 has the same sluggish software the M9 has I dont care what the sound quality is.

The M11 is as fast as a mid end smartphone...aka its UI is really fast and smooth.

SQ is meh tho...I like my XDP300R better.

Wish Toronto had a dealer I can test the HiBy R6 Pro. Been wanting to try their products for so long.

@Joe Bloggs you should reach out to Charles @ Headfoneshop. They sell some really high end gear and your DAPs would fit well.

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,192 of 4,002
Wish Toronto had a dealer I can test the HiBy R6 Pro. Been wanting to try their products for so long.

You should check in with Headphone Bar in Vancouver. Ships all over Canada and has the R6 Pro. Travis is great to deal with too.

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #2,193 of 4,002
You should check in with Headphone Bar in Vancouver. Ships all over Canada and has the R6 Pro. Travis is great to deal with too.

I met Travis I think when he had a booth here during an audio show. Nice guy.

Still need a local retailer here so we can test before we buy :)

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #2,196 of 4,002
Hi guys,
I got my replacement for r6pro after the RMA procedure from Hiby. First look - I got the device, produced in May 2019. The box is from the player made in January.
First listening showed that RF EMI almost disappeared. Hiss and clicks are less pronounced, but still hearable. Also with 55 Ohm IEMs with 108db sensivity. I feel some disappointment.
I read replies here in the thread that the hiss caused by the powerfull amp part. But comon, I had fiio e12diy amp with Muses opamps installed and there was no hiss in the background. The same headphone, but completely black blackground and no clicks of switching of the amp part. Hiss & click takes place @ both 4,4 and 3,5 SE ports. I presume it's the component issue, which is used in both circuits.
Frankly speaking I would give Fiio M11 a try if it has somehow UAPP working. Cayin n6ii is 30% more expensive. It would be good to find a solution.

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #2,197 of 4,002
Hi guys,
I got my replacement for r6pro after the RMA procedure from Hiby. First look - I got the device, produced in May 2019. The box is from the player made in January.
First listening showed that RF EMI almost disappeared. Hiss and clicks are less pronounced, but still hearable. Also with 55 Ohm IEMs with 108db sensivity. I feel some disappointment.
I read replies here in the thread that the hiss caused by the powerfull amp part. But comon, I had fiio e12diy amp with Muses opamps installed and there was no hiss in the background. The same headphone, but completely black blackground and no clicks of switching of the amp part. Hiss & click takes place @ both 4,4 and 3,5 SE ports. I presume it's the component issue, which is used in both circuits.
Frankly speaking I would give Fiio M11 a try if it has somehow UAPP working. Cayin n6ii is 30% more expensive. It would be good to find a solution.

Based on your experience, and comparing it to mine, I think that your unit is as good as it is going to get. I can only conclude that the R6 Pro will never meet your expectations. Unless you are willing to use an iEMatch solution I would probably sell the R6 Pro and look for a DAP that has the features and functionality you want, and has a blacker background. As you no doubt know, that is part of this hobby - you will be happy with some gear and dissatisfied with other gear.

For my use, even with very sensitive IEMs, I am satisfied that either the hiss is not noticeable with music playing or when I am really bothered with the hiss using an iEMatch is acceptable. But I understand that this will not match the expectations of others.

Good luck finding the perfect DAP for you!

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,199 of 4,002
For several of my IEMs - definitely. For me it's not so much in the sound but the volume intervals.
As I understand, the 4.4 port is for using with high impedance and/or low sensivity headphones and 3,5 port is for IEMs.

The only difficulty is that with my set of IEMs (5 pairs from 12 Ohm/112 dB to 55 Ohm/108 dB) 3,5 port reproduces hiss.
Does anyone has a list of suitable IEMs in a price range lower than the R6?

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #2,200 of 4,002
As I understand, the 4.4 port is for using with high impedance and/or low sensivity headphones and 3,5 port is for IEMs.

The only difficulty is that with my set of IEMs (5 pairs from 12 Ohm/112 dB to 55 Ohm/108 dB) 3,5 port reproduces hiss.

I can't find their specs, but the Flares Pro 2 (and I assume the Pro 2HD) are really good (IMO) and take a significant amount of power to drive properly. That might be a good choice.

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2,201 of 4,002

I’m using Fioo Fh5’s high I think are 16 ohms and I don’t have any hiss using either the 4.4 or 3.5 ports unless of course it it’s the recording itself .

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #2,202 of 4,002
I’m using Fioo Fh5’s high I think are 16 ohms and I don’t have any hiss using either the 4.4 or 3.5 ports unless of course it it’s the recording itself .

How about electromagnetic interference with 4.4mm? If you stack a phone next to you r6pro do you get a lot of pops and cracks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back