Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jul 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #2,206 of 4,000
Is there any logical reason that my R6 Pro will get hot to the touch when charging and other times there's no noticeable warmth after about the same time charging?
A guess is that it depends on what else the R6 Pro is doing... if you are playing music while charging that might do it. Even if you aren’t doing anything the device itself may be doing something (for example Google Play updates, or virus scanning if you have a virus scanner installed, or downloading music). I know my R6 Pro - and my cell phone - do the same.

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,207 of 4,000
A guess is that it depends on what else the R6 Pro is doing... if you are playing music while charging that might do it. Even if you aren’t doing anything the device itself may be doing something (for example Google Play updates, or virus scanning if you have a virus scanner installed, or downloading music). I know my R6 Pro - and my cell phone - do the same.
As far as I know it doing nothing but charging. I stop everything, wifi, bluetooth and any programs that were running.

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,209 of 4,000
Loving the Hiby Music app, especially the mseb feature. Genius!
Love the Hiby Connect feature too, except for one annoying thing. Everytime the app is started again, there needs to be a rescanning of the entire library on the server device. Could there be a feature implemented so that this isn't necessary?Eg a snapshot of the library contents could be kept in memory on the client device, and if there is no change in the library of the server device, then it will simply indicate this negating the need for another scan.
Also could we have access to mseb and the eq in Hiby Connect, or at the very least, could we have the ability to turn them on or off in Connect mode?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,210 of 4,000
This is a late, late post, but I figured I should post it anyway.

I previously ordered this screen protector. There were some complications with my address; it was returned to the seller, but they gladly agreed to resend the package to me, FOC. In all, it took about 3-4 weeks to receive the item.

Anyway, to cut things short, the screen protector... does not fit. There are huge air pockets at the top and bottom of the glass sheet. There's no way I could get them to adhere to the surface without having these gaps appear again after a few seconds.

Have a look at these photos -

IMG_20190716_004842.jpg IMG_20190716_004925.jpg IMG_20190716_004656.jpg IMG_20190716_004756.jpg

So, for those thinking of purchasing the same screen protector, I'd caution against doing so.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #2,211 of 4,000
I've finally managed to get DSD to play natively using UAPP. Can't get it to work on the hiby app it plays in pcm converted. As seen on the 88.2k symbol in the top right instead of 5.6M which is correct.

However going from Inxs Never tear us apart in DSD to Glen Campbells Southern nights in flac caused the hiby to eject the SD Card and I had to reboot. I didn't think my music tastes were that bad...

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #2,212 of 4,000
I have the R6 Pro and was wondering if anyone has found adjusting the MSEB settings within the Hiby Music App beneficial? I’m using Campfire Audio Cascade headphones if that makes any difference? Ultimately, these things always come down to individual preference, but if any suggested MSEB settings have emerged that I could try in comparison to the default ones, I would be keen to know.

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #2,213 of 4,000
Getting some money from inheritance, not alot thats why this question? If I get the Regular R6 not the Pro am I really screwing myself over?
Love the ESS Sabre chip and beside DAP duties with IEMS I like to use Spotify alot. No need for major power I don’t think or balanced output as I have other DAPs with that.
You guys know is it a dumb move for regular R6? Is the R6 Pro really the best way to go?
Thanks ..Ed

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #2,214 of 4,000
Getting some money from inheritance, not alot thats why this question? If I get the Regular R6 not the Pro am I really screwing myself over?
Love the ESS Sabre chip and beside DAP duties with IEMS I like to use Spotify alot. No need for major power I don’t think or balanced output as I have other DAPs with that.
You guys know is it a dumb move for regular R6? Is the R6 Pro really the best way to go?
Thanks ..Ed
ive had both and the Pro is better by a good margin. Also the R6 has high output impedance compared to the PRo which alters the sound of your headphones.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,215 of 4,000
I've finally managed to get DSD to play natively using UAPP. Can't get it to work on the hiby app it plays in pcm converted. As seen on the 88.2k symbol in the top right instead of 5.6M which is correct.

However going from Inxs Never tear us apart in DSD to Glen Campbells Southern nights in flac caused the hiby to eject the SD Card and I had to reboot. I didn't think my music tastes were that bad...
Are you playing through USB or? On the headphone outs HiByMusic should play DSD as DSD by default.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 21, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,217 of 4,000
Erm...no just into the headphones.
Then all you need to do is go into settings and check that "DSD mode" is DoP or Native rather than PCM. There are a few other possibilities for messing this up but let's check that first.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #2,219 of 4,000
It was set to Native already.
Ok next up: are your DSD files, *stereo* DSD files? HiBy downmixes multichannel DSD files to stereo (as should definitely be done for headphone listening) and in the process the DSD is inevitably converted to PCM.

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #2,220 of 4,000
Does anyone know if there is a way to reduce the ~500ms lag between the time the audio leaves my PC and hits my headphones using the DAC feature of my R6 Pro. The lag makes video games impossible. Music and video games is fine, but it'd be nice to use this as a portable DAC that has no massive latency issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back