Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #1,411 of 1,928
Please help. I am using the Hiby R6 Pro II and Sony MDR-Z7M2 headphones. I listen primarily to classical music, usually from DSD files. I like full sound, from a large concert hall. What amplifier should I use for the DAP to get this kind of sound? Or will sensible plug-ins or proper PEQ settings suffice? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #1,412 of 1,928
Please help. I am using the Hiby R6 Pro II and Sony MDR-Z7M2 headphones. I listen primarily to classical music, usually from DSD files. I like full sound, from a large concert hall. What amplifier should I use for the DAP to get this kind of sound? Or will sensible plug-ins or proper PEQ settings suffice? Thanks in advance for any tips.
While I cant help you since I dont own the Z7M2
Set high gain Class A Super slow roll off filter

Go:
Settings->audio->MSEB

There you can mess around and see if you can get what you want. Try adjusting using the middling setting first as that gives you more control.

Try adjusting in mseb:

Bass extension towards Deep
Bass Texture towards fast
Note thickness towards crisp
Impulse Responce towards Slow
Air towards soft

the rest are generals how forward you want your instruments.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #1,413 of 1,928
Exciting day for me- Amazon says my Hiby R6 Pro II is out for delivery!

Will post my impressions in a day or two, but really looking forward to seeing how it performs. Any recommendations for set-up? I’ll be using it mostly with Tidal in offline mode with a variety of I guess mid-fi IEMs like the FIIO FH7, Moondrop Variations, and Etymotic EVO.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #1,414 of 1,928
Exciting day for me- Amazon says my Hiby R6 Pro II is out for delivery!

Will post my impressions in a day or two, but really looking forward to seeing how it performs. Any recommendations for set-up? I’ll be using it mostly with Tidal in offline mode with a variety of I guess mid-fi IEMs like the FIIO FH7, Moondrop Variations, and Etymotic EVO.
try it with the lcd x, they drive my xc just fine

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,415 of 1,928
Is there a line out setting I am missing guys, connected to an amp both via the 3.5 and 4.4 lineout and no gain in volume. Connected my old Ibasso DX80 and huge gain in volume, cannot make it out.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,418 of 1,928
I have the beta version of the latest firmware, is there a final one as cannot see these settings in the beta.
You can find the final firmware on their website

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #1,420 of 1,928
Mar 12, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #1,422 of 1,928
Does it have settings for Lineout ?
Yes mine has with a special firmware 1.22 Hiby sent to me. So I can't confirm everyone has this settings

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #1,423 of 1,928
Mine saying its the latest version, no lineout settings, only usb has some settings which is no go for me, have got in touch with their support as connecting to an amp trying both LO has made no volume increase, doing the same on an old Dap made a huge difference in volume.

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #1,424 of 1,928
I have the version 1.3 firmware and can confirm that:
A) the new, global, parametric EQ works, and works great--I use my DAP primarily as a streamer in a home stereo setup and I was able to use the parametric EQ to eliminate the DBX graphic equalizer from my chain that was there for room correction
B) I still see zero new Line Out settings/options in system config ever since the firmware update (my R6 Pro II came with 1.2 from the factory).

-Ed

PS Btw I am making a return to these forums after nearly a decade away. Updating the profile details was quite the hoot. Can't believe I used to listen to Etymotic and Westone stuff driven with a P51 Mustang!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,425 of 1,928
I have the version 1.3 firmware and can confirm that:
A) the new, global, parametric EQ works, and works great--I use my DAP primarily as a streamer in a home stereo setup and I was able to use the parametric EQ to eliminate the DBX graphic equalizer from my chain that was there for room correction
B) I still see zero new Line Out settings/options in system config ever since the firmware update (my R6 Pro II came with 1.2 from the factory).

-Ed

PS Btw I am making a return to these forums after nearly a decade away. Updating the profile details was quite the hoot. Can't believe I used to listen to Etymotic and Westone stuff driven with a P51 Mustang!
So gain on LO is not fully switchable for you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back