Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #1,397 of 1,928
Hi, just got my R6 Pro 2 and for some reason I cannot find Tidal on the device, although I am sure I saw it in the music app when setting up, can anyone help please?
Tidal does not come pre installed. You need to get it from the Play Store.

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #1,398 of 1,928
Tidal does not come pre installed. You need to get it from the Play Store.

The built in Hiby Music player can stream Tidal. No Tidal app is necessary unless you want to store music for offline playing.

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #1,399 of 1,928
Something to be aware of is, a lot of desktop equipment is combo - so DAC + Amp which you might or might not want. If you want just a headphone amplifier - would recommend either the Topping A70 Pro or A90D depending on local pricing.
They both look good, bit cautious regarding the A70 as some people seemed to have some problems in the past, do not know if the issues have been fixed.

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,400 of 1,928
They both look good, bit cautious regarding the A70 as some people seemed to have some problems in the past, do not know if the issues have been fixed.
Oh wow, looked into this a bit more and there are indeed QC issues/ defective units from what I can surmise that give the HP DC abnormal error for the A70. Can't find an official response on this (offical statement recognising the issue/ if corrected), there are a handful of comments on forums where people have exchanged the unit within warranty - so it seems to have been subtly accepted as a defect. Am surprised there isn't more coverage on this, considering how much in the limelight Topping has recently been.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #1,401 of 1,928
The built in Hiby Music player can stream Tidal. No Tidal app is necessary unless you want to store music for offline playing.
True, I thought they were referring to not seeing the native app. Absolutely, should be visible from the HiBy player.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #1,402 of 1,928
I see version 1.30 of the OS is now available with system-wide PEQ and optional fixed output from USB and coax, that's nice. I haven't read any negative comments about the beta release so hopefully it's safe to try it.

(Be patient, it's quite slow to install and sits at 69% for a while.)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,403 of 1,928
Thoughts: How lovely to have a consistent PEQ across all my apps, thank you.

Bugs: 1) Having saved my setup (which has reduced pre-amp gain), when I select it the gain goes back up to 0 until I press back, when it drops down to my setting. 2) When setting up the bands it kept reverting to Band0. 3) The default type should be 'peaking' as that's what most of the bands will use and it's easy to forget to change it. 4) When selecting PEQ from the Audio Settings menu with music playing (UAPP) it farts! It doesn't do it when music isn't playing.

Also, Amazon Music is playing up but they just released an update so I imagine it's them as UAPP is fine.

The bugs are fairly minor and well worth putting up with to have this facility, I'm very happy to have it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #1,404 of 1,928
While I'm playing I thought I'd have another go at getting HibyCast to work, without success. I checked the R6's IP address and entered it in the app on my phone but it comes back with 'check the IP address'. There is a 'scan' button at the bottom but there's nothing to scan on the R6 (I have the app installed there too). Both are on the same network so I'm out of ideas. Can you help?

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #1,405 of 1,928
Hi everyone. Recently purchased new headphones Audeze LCD-2C. My listen setup:
Hiby DAP is connected via balanced line output to an external amplifier Topping L70 (via 4.4 to 2XLR cable), the gain level on the DAP is set to maximum, but the sound is still quieter (volume level on amplifier doesnt changes) than when I use the Topping E70+L70 bundle (connection between them also balanced). And overall, on my taste these Audeze play better with the Topping bundle. Maybe, Hiby has insufficient voltage level on the line output ?
Although with my other Beyerdynamic 1770 Pro headphones, I like the sound of the Hiby + Topping L70 bundle better. Any thoughts on this ?

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #1,406 of 1,928
Hi everyone. Recently purchased new headphones Audeze LCD-2C. My listen setup:
Hiby DAP is connected via balanced line output to an external amplifier Topping L70 (via 4.4 to 2XLR cable), the gain level on the DAP is set to maximum, but the sound is still quieter (volume level on amplifier doesnt changes) than when I use the Topping E70+L70 bundle (connection between them also balanced). And overall, on my taste these Audeze play better with the Topping bundle. Maybe, Hiby has insufficient voltage level on the line output ?
Although with my other Beyerdynamic 1770 Pro headphones, I like the sound of the Hiby + Topping L70 bundle better. Any thoughts on this ?
By defult the E70 is outputing hot at 5Vrms for balanced over the R6 pro II standard 4Vrms for balanced so yes the R6 pro 2 should be quieter

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #1,407 of 1,928
By defult the E70 is outputing hot at 5Vrms for balanced over the R6 pro II standard 4Vrms for balanced so yes the R6 pro 2 should be quieter
Manual (for E70) say, that default setting is 4Vrms (another option is - 5Vrms), i checked this on my device settings and yes, this is true, i have default option.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #1,408 of 1,928
Manual (for E70) say, that default setting is 4Vrms (another option is - 5Vrms), i checked this on my device settings and yes, this is true, i have default option.
no idea then by the way just checking but did you use the left side and set the volume to max(should be by default but for some reason it was following my set volume for normal use on a couple of occasions)

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #1,409 of 1,928
Just got around to listening to the Hiby R6proii properly thanks to the Australian tour.

Haven’t had a chance to compare it with my (AK chip) m11 plus yet.

Initial impressions are similar to what has already been said. The sound is typical of what I am used to from AK with a subtle warmth to the mids.

Screen sensitivity to wake can be improved. OS is reasonably snappy. Had to manually scan for music after copying files over on android file transfer.

Button ergonomics under the case are difficult to find in the dark. Having studied human ergonomics, there’s significant room for improvement. And placing the Line out jack in the same row as the headphone out worries me.

Amp stage is underwhelming. I’m yet to plug it into the C9. I wouldn’t want to drive full size headphones with this.

Coming from an extended listen yesterday with the SP2000/C9 and Hugo 2 I don’t expect to r6 to be in the same league. Mostly in relation to soundstage, detail discernment, instrument placement and other technicals.

Sounds perfectly acceptable with the MEST 3. And probably on par with the m11 plus (AK4497) sonically although I prefer the m11 tuning.

Will note the r6 has the much more modern interface, speed in addition EQ etc that I don’t usually tweak

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #1,410 of 1,928
Just got around to listening to the Hiby R6proii properly thanks to the Australian tour.

Haven’t had a chance to compare it with my (AK chip) m11 plus yet.

Initial impressions are similar to what has already been said. The sound is typical of what I am used to from AK with a subtle warmth to the mids.

Screen sensitivity to wake can be improved. OS is reasonably snappy. Had to manually scan for music after copying files over on android file transfer.

Button ergonomics under the case are difficult to find in the dark. Having studied human ergonomics, there’s significant room for improvement. And placing the Line out jack in the same row as the headphone out worries me.

Amp stage is underwhelming. I’m yet to plug it into the C9. I wouldn’t want to drive full size headphones with this.

Coming from an extended listen yesterday with the SP2000/C9 and Hugo 2 I don’t expect to r6 to be in the same league. Mostly in relation to soundstage, detail discernment, instrument placement and other technicals.

Sounds perfectly acceptable with the MEST 3. And probably on par with the m11 plus (AK4497) sonically although I prefer the m11 tuning.

Will note the r6 has the much more modern interface, speed in addition EQ etc that I don’t usually tweak
The output power / amp is the only disappointment I have with the R6 Pro II. I have plenty of dongles for when I want more power or to change the DAC, but yeah, that part is a disappointment. Considering the original R6 Pro’s power, HiBy made an odd choice.

But since I almost exclusively use IEMs with it, the power is enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back