Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Feb 1, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #1,321 of 1,928
That is one of the things I loved about the Hiby - the software flexibility. The ability to add convolution files (for some reason I never get the name right in my head always think of the words convolver/ devolver - I'm pretty sure that's a gaming studio) and plugins are icing on the cake!

For the harshness, probably not that helpful but it really depends on which part of the cymbal strike you are finding harsh as they extend across the mids to treble. There are a few different ways to EQ/ use MSEB which you can try. Boosting the bass (would recommend staying within +/- 30 when using MSEB, at least that range is what works best from my experience to finetune - after that is too intense), so boosting the first & third bass settings to the right. Making the overall temperature warmer & darker - first setting of tone to the right. Secondly by cutting, depending on which part of the cymbal you find piercing - first try cutting on Sibilance LF (the 2nd last treble setting) by moving to the left. If that isn't the one affecting yourself, cut the vocals a bit (voice recessed and female overtones to detox) - both to the left. If it's sharp sounds/ treble in general you are looking to cut, you can also cut down the second treble setting (sibilance HF to the left) and the last setting of air to be soft (moved to the left as-well). The best thing to do with MSEB is really play with the settings and try it over different soundtracks to get your ideal signature.
Thanks for your input, the cymbal is the mid side not the fine that was bothering me. Have played about with some settings as you suggested and I think I have tamed the sound. Most noticeable was playing Pink Floyd Money towards the end plenty drum rolls and ending on the cymbals, was those cymbals that stood out and sounded very harsh and stood out, they did not blend in nicely. Plenty experimenting to do and its great having all the settings to fine tune.

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #1,322 of 1,928
Hi after receiving my R6 Pro II today and upgrading to the latest firmware (v1.21), I plug the unit into my laptop with the USB-C cable into my USB-C port and under "Battery" it says "Connected, not charging". How do I fix this and make it charge automatically when I plug it in?

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #1,323 of 1,928
In settings/ USB Preferences mine is set to File Transfer, on my it charges that way and can also transfer files from the PC.
On Mac user guide says " it is necessary to also install Android File Transfer to enable MTP file transfer.

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #1,324 of 1,928
Hi after receiving my R6 Pro II today and upgrading to the latest firmware (v1.21), I plug the unit into my laptop with the USB-C cable into my USB-C port and under "Battery" it says "Connected, not charging". How do I fix this and make it charge automatically when I plug it in?
When connecting the device to the PC there are 2 options, USB with charging and USB without charging.
Perhaps you have the latter set ? Check your USB tethering settings.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #1,326 of 1,928
"APK file" HiByMusic 2.0.9. Got it!
Thank service@hiby.com :smile::thumbsup:

9e3b32b0-52b2-4d36-924d-6891a08ef7d9.jpg

214792b9-08fe-4be2-b536-7d03ff844876.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #1,330 of 1,928
Just got the R6 and it’s doing its burn in.

What’s the best way to burn in the R6, in class A, AB or it doesn’t matter? Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn’t find anything in the thread.

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #1,331 of 1,928
Just got the R6 and it’s doing its burn in.

What’s the best way to burn in the R6, in class A, AB or it doesn’t matter? Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn’t find anything in the thread.
Class A so that you can get more cycles in for those caps. But in reality just use it normally. It only takes a around 3 days of use to break in but if you are rushing 24 hours class A high gain at low volumes should do the trick.

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #1,332 of 1,928
Class A so that you can get more cycles in for those caps. But in reality just use it normally. It only takes a around 3 days of use to break in but if you are rushing 24 hours class A high gain at low volumes should do the trick.

Feb 14, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #1,333 of 1,928
If you're going to leave it plugged in for a day or two, set the battery level to 80% to save overcharging it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back