Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
May 16, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #482 of 2,043
If everything goes well, then yes. If there is a defect and you need to replace/claim warranty, this is a different story.
One thing is sure it would cost a bit more in shipping, beside that i don't have any experience with Hiby's customer service.

May 17, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #484 of 2,043
Bought lots on hifi-go and the likes but luckily never had to return anything so can't say how cheap and friendly they are for returns... On top of it, like many people here, no personal hands-on experience with Hiby devices...so risks are compounding!

May 17, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #485 of 2,043
I don´t have payed import taxes.
Rules are different in each EU countries about customs and taxes from non EU countries. In France, since july 2022, VAT is applied on each parcel even small amounts. Aliexpress for instance, includes french VAT when you buy from them so you have nothing to do at the arrival of the parcel.

May 17, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #488 of 2,043
Hey guys, my full review of the new HiBy R6 Pro II is now online here.

The original R6 Pro was my first 'serious' DAP, and so I've taken the liberty and used lots of words to review its spiritual successor to the full.
Hope you have an hour to burn with some good coffee and crunchy biscuits. Enjoy!​

May 17, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #489 of 2,043
Hey guys, my full review of the new HiBy R6 Pro II is now online here.

The original R6 Pro was my first 'serious' DAP, and so I've taken the liberty and used lots of words to review its spiritual successor to the full.
Hope you have an hour to burn with some good coffee and crunchy biscuits. Enjoy!​
Hiby R6 pro2 doesn't support Apt-x Adaptive.

May 17, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #490 of 2,043
May be it’s toast ? I hope not.
Shame to say, but it was all my fault - I had once opened the rear cover, to see how much space is there for bigger battery, and then upon reassembly I had squeezed the yellow battery wire (sense) against the metal, which had made it's way through insulation.

Now everything is fine again. Silly me.

May 17, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #494 of 2,043
I'd like to 3D print an adapter, to make the player thicker and then change existing battery to 10000mAh battery. (Battery life is not that great for this player).
The risk vs reward surely doesn't add up. Warranty instantly voided, high probability of failure all for a bit more running time. Be more economical to buy a different or even 2nd player

May 17, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #495 of 2,043
The risk vs reward surely doesn't add up. Warranty instantly voided, high probability of failure all for a bit more running time. Be more economical to buy a different or even 2nd player
To each his own. I have a couple of DIY headphone amps, my R3 Pro has aftermarket battery (no issues at all), R6III is rooted, and I see no reason why there would be increased probability of failure for R6PII if increasing battery capacity (and I have ideas for better heatsinking too).
Yes, I made a mistake when I had a look at original battery, did not reassemble it properly. But all is fixed now.
There are a lot of people who like to tamper around their devices, it's a hobby thing. That's different sense of rewarding than practicality/economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back