Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 16, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #271 of 1,935
In the description of the amplifier, the Chinese version says that 16 custom transistors were used, while the English version says that 8x NXP transistors were used.

Which is correct?

and 8x NXP transistors were used in the RS8.
In the attached picture, 16 square boxes are placed on top of the OPA1652.

The audio circuit architecture diagram doesn't make it clear what the amplifiers are either, so I looked it up and the OP amps are OPA1612 x 4, which seems to be used in I/V. (OG R6 Pro is MUSES8920 x 4)
Screenshot_20230416-143146.png

chrome_screenshot_1681622299115.png

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #275 of 1,935
I have the Zx707. I can do a comparison when I get my Hiby R6 Pro II (we need a shorter name for this lol). I just pre-ordered it from Audio Essence.

Some of the questions can be answered already by the paper.

Performance - Hiby should be faster. Zx707 lags a bit, but not as bad as it’s predecessors.
Battery Life - Zx707 has one of the best battery life of any Android DAP out there at the moment. You can get 15-20 hours on 4.4mm/High Gain/High-Res Streaming. The R6 Pro II on the other hand is the opposite, one of the lowest battery life of all
Global version - it’s all imported from China. I don’t see why it should be any different.
Sound - This is where we have to wait and see once the R6ProII is released. What I can already tell you is that the Zx707 after the latest firmware update sounds terrible. It was good with the original firmware, at least with my gear. Sony destroyed it and there’s no way to go back.
I have 707, M6 Ultra and H7. Only place where Sony trumps the other two is in its battery life. Everything else, the other two win hands down. Power and SQ. Offline playback narrows the gap a little. I can expect R6P2 to fare similar to M6U/H7 in comparison to 707.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #276 of 1,935
Is this snappier than the ZX707? Any lag while scrolling? How about battery life using 4.4mm PO? Will the global version be different than the current China released models? Different packaging? Text? Software?
I am planning to upgrade from a Sony ZX300. The purple color is just so good and I kinda like the design. I was originally eyeing for the ZX700 but looks like the reviews are bad.
If you want Sony’s tonality, then 707. If you want an overall better product look at HiBy.

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #277 of 1,935
Is this snappier than the ZX707? Any lag while scrolling? How about battery life using 4.4mm PO? Will the global version be different than the current China released models? Different packaging? Text? Software?
I am planning to upgrade from a Sony ZX300. The purple color is just so good and I kinda like the design. I was originally eyeing for the ZX700 but looks like the reviews are bad.
Are you using mrwalkman software on the zx300? if not that may be a good place to start before considering to upgrade

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #278 of 1,935
I’m confused between buying Hiby R6 Pro II, Shanling M6 Ultra and Shanling M7. Anyone has any suggestions? Any experience of using Shanling M6 Ultra or M7?
It’s too early to comment of R6P2, but for me, I much prefer M6U over M7. And if you’re okay with stacking, you can get Shanling H7, which uses same DAC chip as R6P2. And SQ Wise it’s better than DAPs in and around its budget.

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #279 of 1,935
It’s too early to comment of R6P2, but for me, I much prefer M6U over M7. And if you’re okay with stacking, you can get Shanling H7, which uses same DAC chip as R6P2. And SQ Wise it’s better than DAPs in and around its budget.
The h7 is a very interesting device. Only one thing it’s missing is Airplay if it had that I would’ve got it 100%.

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #280 of 1,935
The h7 is a very interesting device. Only one thing it’s missing is Airplay if it had that I would’ve got it 100%.
It’s an excellent device. Can be used just like a DAP with its inbuilt MicroSD slot. You can just use Eddict app on phone to control playback. You can even use its control wheel for playback.

Apr 17, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #281 of 1,935
can know why u prefer m6u over m7? m7 supposing have better 9038pro chip .. thk

and yes I have h7, audited r6p2, much prefer h7 tunning ... but would like r6p2 display on it ... lol

searching for a dap that run bit perfect for my tidal & kkbox streaming, r6p2 is on my radar for its 6 inch screen.

My sony 1am2 is running tidal on uapp, in order to be bit perfect. But seriously it's a mess, as i get popping sound often. Though I like sony sound signature, bit perfect mqa playback sound the best to me.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #282 of 1,935
It’s an excellent device. Can be used just like a DAP with its inbuilt MicroSD slot. You can just use Eddict app on phone to control playback. You can even use its control wheel for playback.
Sadly I don’t have offline songs I only stream which using AAC isn’t as good. Airplay allows upto 24-bit/44khz.

Apr 17, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #283 of 1,935
Is the blue no-more?
it was a prototype colour (along with the alternate darker purple which I preferred), there are currently no plans to release it this year but it may be the 'special edition' variant next year or later for the 'mid-cycle' sales. trust me, i tried *really* hard to get zeppelin and the hiby gals to let me pre order the blue ...

Apr 17, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #284 of 1,935
can know why u prefer m6u over m7? m7 supposing have better 9038pro chip .. thk

and yes I have h7, audited r6p2, much prefer h7 tunning ... but would like r6p2 display on it ... lol

searching for a dap that run bit perfect for my tidal & kkbox streaming, r6p2 is on my radar for its 6 inch screen.

My sony 1am2 is running tidal on uapp, in order to be bit perfect. But seriously it's a mess, as i get popping sound often. Though I like sony sound signature, bit perfect mqa playback sound the best to me.
M7 was bright for me and prefer M6U’s warm sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back