HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 7, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #6,391 of 6,622
I just started having a frustrating problem, hoping someone might have some ideas...

For some reason, I can't connect to my Bluetooth IEM's and earbuds, such as my Jabra 65's, from my R6 Pro. I can pair new things, like some N6 TWS buds and my JH Audio bluetooth cable, but they don't autoconnect and if I turn them on and then click on them in the Bluetooth device list, it doesn't do anything.

Also, I can connect to my wifi network with the Via web browser on the R6 and stream Tidal, when I get an error when I click "Check for updates" in the Wireless Updates screen. The error is:
Network connection failed (Failed to connect to fota5s.xxx.cn/0.0.0.0:443)

I went in to "Reset Options" and did the "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth", but that didn't fix the issue. I emailed HiBy support twice but I haven't heard back from them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
are they auto connecting to another device like your phone. I have this issue with some Sony wf/wh-1000xms as they connect to my phone when turned on. They won’t connect to anything else until they are disconnected from my phone

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #6,393 of 6,622
Hi All,

427 pages to trawl through....

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a list of iems that are people consider fine with the 10ohm OI.

I've seen no issues with

ibasso it01
KZ-ZS7
Moondrop KPE

I'm looking to move up and looking around the decent Mid-fi range - that tends to move into multi BA/hybrid territory.
There must be somebody who has a successful pairing? I have a WTB for an ieMatch out there but really would rather just plug in directly without any extras.
I know it's not as straight forward as 'buy high impedance iems' so 1st hand knowledge is the best option.

This could be useful to many other head-fiers over time. :)

Cheers,

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #6,394 of 6,622
Anyone else moved from the r6 to the r5 or would that be a sidestep at best? Would like something smaller and avoid the impedence issue once and for all. Currently use fibae ciems from custom art but would like to use other c/iems as and when.

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #6,395 of 6,622
Hi All,

427 pages to trawl through....

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a list of iems that are people consider fine with the 10ohm OI.

I've seen no issues with

ibasso it01
KZ-ZS7
Moondrop KPE

I'm looking to move up and looking around the decent Mid-fi range - that tends to move into multi BA/hybrid territory.
There must be somebody who has a successful pairing? I have a WTB for an ieMatch out there but really would rather just plug in directly without any extras.
I know it's not as straight forward as 'buy high impedance iems' so 1st hand knowledge is the best option.

This could be useful to many other head-fiers over time. :)

Cheers,
Custom Arts Fibae line would be fine with the issue as that is what fibae does. Universal are available as well as customs.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #6,396 of 6,622
Anyone else moved from the r6 to the r5 or would that be a sidestep at best? Would like something smaller and avoid the impedence issue once and for all. Currently use fibae ciems from custom art but would like to use other c/iems as and when.

I have the R6 SS and just purchased an R5 because I wanted some more portability for trips and although I can still hear a gap in sound quality from the R6 to the R5, the R5 has me using the R6 less because its excellent to me.

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #6,397 of 6,622
Hi All. I was having a play around earlier, as you do, messing with the line out /spdif into a Fiio Alpen I have.
It was more to do with having an option to solve any issues with high impedance output should it arise - I’ve yet to find it an issue but my eyes are always drawn to shiny things. Man maths tells me if I can use an existing piece of kit then technically I can add that cost onto any prospective purchases. :D

Anyway. This supplied cable and adapter combo worked.
1BBFC065-7594-43E4-9563-E7A73344ACF9.jpeg A0AF3657-3D3F-429D-8B27-05DE01212D52.jpeg

But clearly it’s not an ideal cable, it’s heavy, thick, long and the adaptor adds a lot of leverage on the ports.
Would anyone be able to advise me on a relatively cheap option that ideally didn’t need the rca adaptor? Just the 4 pole one end to the same other end as on the adaptor in the pic?
Cheers in advance.
Anyone?

I found this on Amazon US but the R6 instruction manual, as poor as it is, suggests I have to use the 4-pole configuration as supplied on the cable. I don’t want to go the USB route if possible as I won’t be able to charge and listen at the same time.

D354725D-DF6D-483C-AEB9-770418C4694D.jpeg

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #6,398 of 6,622

I think it would be easier to ask for IEM's people have an issue with.

I have absolutely no issue with any of mine, surprisingly not even the sony XBA-4, which has an impedance of 8 Ω.

I can heartily recommend the LZ A6 as an upgrade. They have a "loud" button, which increases impedance to 45 Ω when off.
Also, they sound phenomenal.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #6,399 of 6,622
Sadly my Bluetooth auto-reconnect issue isn't resolved. I was finding my Tranya T3's wouldn't auto-reconnect unless i stopped and restarted Bluetooth on my R6 so i went back to wired IEM's when i'm out and about. I thought it was the Tranya's fault because i was having no issues with Bluetooth reconnecting in my new car. Unfortunately only after a few days the same problem started happening in the car. The only way round the problem seems to be turning off Bluetooth whenever i'm not using it so each time i turn it on to use the R6 in the car it connects fine.

There are no other devices with Bluetooth on within range so it's just flakey Bluetooth on the R6

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #6,402 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs - my R6 has developed a strange issue where it cuts out, as though it is changing track, at the beginning of a song for a second or so. I have tried two Samsung Evo SD cards and the same issue persists. Any ideas?
Hi,

Were there any possible related changes in settings you made before this started happening? Such as addition / removal of sound processing plugins in the app or in the system sound settings?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 18, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #6,403 of 6,622
Hi,

Were there any possible related changes in settings you made before this started happening? Such as addition / removal of sound processing plugins in the app or in the system sound settings?

Hi @Joe Bloggs - no changes at all. It's almost like it's perhaps trying to do something in background. Are they any settings that can cause something like this that should be turned off/on?

As I say, it's happened with two cards now, randomly on different tracks and in different positions so I'm at a loss at the moment.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #6,405 of 6,622
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back