HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 3, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #6,317 of 6,622
BTW HiBy team. I now have the B&W Px7 headphones that support adaptive bluetooth streaming (aptX Adaptive). I think that a more recent Android OS is required to provide that, but if you need someone to help test anything like that then I'd be happy to help. It's a feature that should be very valuable given the R6's inconsistent radio.

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #6,318 of 6,622
It looks like the new version has some bug fixes and adds plugins to audio options. There seem to be two plugins available for download. Balance control and something called Sound filed, which I suspect is a mis-spelling of sound field.

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #6,319 of 6,622
Friends!
Please explain how batarey mod (1-2) works !? The battery leaks into the eyes, both in the first and in the second mode (.
The funny fact is that for example when the mod 2 battery shows 45% of the charge, it’s worth switching it to the first mode, then the battery already shows 15% of the charge ...
If I leave the player for a long time time without using 2-3 days but in standby mode, for example, with 80% battery charge, after 3 days I wake it up and it shows the same 80%, but it’s worth starting the music and after a while the player just turns off, indicating that battery low at 0

Jan 5, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #6,320 of 6,622
Friends!
Please explain how batarey mod (1-2) works !? The battery leaks into the eyes, both in the first and in the second mode (.
The funny fact is that for example when the mod 2 battery shows 45% of the charge, it’s worth switching it to the first mode, then the battery already shows 15% of the charge ...
If I leave the player for a long time time without using 2-3 days but in standby mode, for example, with 80% battery charge, after 3 days I wake it up and it shows the same 80%, but it’s worth starting the music and after a while the player just turns off, indicating that battery low at 0
If your device is turning itself off without reaching 0%, stick to mode 1.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #6,321 of 6,622
I just encountered a strange issue with my R6 Pro... the power button seems to be pushed in slightly. It still works perfectly but I have to use the tip of my finger. Has anybody seen this? Not sure if it’s possible to fix myself

thanks!

Mine seems to have a squidgy volume up button. It's still working but it's not confidence inspiring.

I'm also having lots of glitches with mine particularly with the memory card. It sometimes has difficulty reading from the memory card and mysteriously attempts to unmount/eject the memory card on its own, interrupting playback, and that's on top of the frequent stopping, skipping and I/O stalling. It can't even copy a 10MB file without taking 10 minutes.
I'm checking the memory card and done Chkdsk etc. but nothing seems inherently wrong with the memory card. I recall a demo unit R6, R6 Pro and R5 I tried also behaved similarly with this memory card, so I'm not sure if it's a HiBy problem or the memory card really is faulty.

When the card -is- apparently mostly okay instead constantly stuttering, there's still a bit skipping or blipping, but no matter what seeking to a different part of a song has a terrible noticeable delay of 0.2s. A song in the internal memory has no such issue.

Another problem I'm having is the R6 also seems to be unwilling to consistently cooperate with the car stereo. It sometimes fails to reconnect, and other times it will stutter and generally play messed up as if the connection is bad. An even odder glitch is that it reversed the stereo sides for a while, which happened at least a couple of time.

...And yet another probably serious problem I'm having is that my unit seems to not be using the DTA architecture. I've been playing some 192kHz tracks and 44.1kHz tracks today in the HiBy app and noticed it was reporting only 48kHz in the notification bar regardless of the file's actual sampling rate. To get 192kHz or anything else I had to use the fixed sampling rate setting. So my DTA seems to be broken in the HiBy app.
It correctly reported 44.1kHz and 48kHz in Poweramp for the relevant tracks and 44.1kHz for the 192kHz (Poweramp 2 unfortunately downsamples anything over 48kHz)

I'm starting to doubt my choice of getting the R6 over replacing my NWZ-ZX1's battery. That thing was finicky in its own way but certainly didn't give me these kinds of issues.

Another little gripe I want to add that I'd like to see as an option in future is to have a straight seek bar for the R6 instead of the circular seek bar surrounding the play button. If I wanted an iPod style UI... I'd go with an iPod...

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #6,322 of 6,622
Mine seems to have a squidgy volume up button. It's still working but it's not confidence inspiring.

I'm also having lots of glitches with mine particularly with the memory card. It sometimes has difficulty reading from the memory card and mysteriously attempts to unmount/eject the memory card on its own, interrupting playback, and that's on top of the frequent stopping, skipping and I/O stalling. It can't even copy a 10MB file without taking 10 minutes.
I'm checking the memory card and done Chkdsk etc. but nothing seems inherently wrong with the memory card. I recall a demo unit R6, R6 Pro and R5 I tried also behaved similarly with this memory card, so I'm not sure if it's a HiBy problem or the memory card really is faulty.

When the card -is- apparently mostly okay instead constantly stuttering, there's still a bit skipping or blipping, but no matter what seeking to a different part of a song has a terrible noticeable delay of 0.2s. A song in the internal memory has no such issue.

Another problem I'm having is the R6 also seems to be unwilling to consistently cooperate with the car stereo. It sometimes fails to reconnect, and other times it will stutter and generally play messed up as if the connection is bad. An even odder glitch is that it reversed the stereo sides for a while, which happened at least a couple of time.

...And yet another probably serious problem I'm having is that my unit seems to not be using the DTA architecture. I've been playing some 192kHz tracks and 44.1kHz tracks today in the HiBy app and noticed it was reporting only 48kHz in the notification bar regardless of the file's actual sampling rate. To get 192kHz or anything else I had to use the fixed sampling rate setting. So my DTA seems to be broken in the HiBy app.
It correctly reported 44.1kHz and 48kHz in Poweramp for the relevant tracks and 44.1kHz for the 192kHz (Poweramp 2 unfortunately downsamples anything over 48kHz)

I'm starting to doubt my choice of getting the R6 over replacing my NWZ-ZX1's battery. That thing was finicky in its own way but certainly didn't give me these kinds of issues.

Another little gripe I want to add that I'd like to see as an option in future is to have a straight seek bar for the R6 instead of the circular seek bar surrounding the play button. If I wanted an iPod style UI... I'd go with an iPod...

Return it now if you can. Mine aside from occasionally unmounting the sd card (yours wouldn't be sandisk would it?) has been fine.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #6,323 of 6,622
Return it now if you can. Mine aside from occasionally unmounting the sd card (yours wouldn't be sandisk would it?) has been fine.

I bought it second hand, so I can't return it. Mine is a SanDisk Extreme, but I've just tested in my main phone and there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with it. A Chkdsk did find some errors but I ran extended tests and scans via DataLifeguardTools and HDTune, even benchmarked the card, I cannot find anything that indicates it is severely faulty.

But if it's not faulty, then why did the R5, R6 and R6 Pro demo units all seem to have the same inconsistent performance with them?
Why is the unit I have now being especially flaky and one minute seeking instantly and generally playing entire songs without problem then seeming to hit into some massive I/O bottleneck? Is something wrong with the R6's microSD reader architecture?
And what's gotten into mine with the DTA? It wasn't like that when I'd spent the first few days testing it...

...But yeah. I can't return it right now since it was a second hand purchase.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #6,324 of 6,622
I bought it second hand, so I can't return it. Mine is a SanDisk Extreme, but I've just tested in my main phone and there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with it. A Chkdsk did find some errors but I ran extended tests and scans via DataLifeguardTools and HDTune, even benchmarked the card, I cannot find anything that indicates it is severely faulty.

But if it's not faulty, then why did the R5, R6 and R6 Pro demo units all seem to have the same inconsistent performance with them?
Why is the unit I have now being especially flaky and one minute seeking instantly and generally playing entire songs without problem then seeming to hit into some massive I/O bottleneck? Is something wrong with the R6's microSD reader architecture?
And what's gotten into mine with the DTA? It wasn't like that when I'd spent the first few days testing it...

...But yeah. I can't return it right now since it was a second hand purchase.
Done any firmware updates on it? That's the only thing I can think of.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #6,325 of 6,622
Done any firmware updates on it? That's the only thing I can think of.
I just did one today thinking that could help. As far as I can see it didn't help in particular, though it added the global plugins.

The whole stuttering thing with files on the memory card seems to be... really temperamental. It sometimes will do it nonstop and other times it'll be fine for a while. It was fine and not unusable-tier again when I was trying it a few minutes ago.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #6,327 of 6,622
The whole stuttering thing with files on the memory card seems to be... really temperamental. It sometimes will do it nonstop and other times it'll be fine for a while. It was fine and not unusable-tier again when I was trying it a few minutes ago.

I'm going to bet on two things here.
  1. The stuttering happens on high bitrate files like lossless.
  2. You have a Sandisk card.
Return your SD card and get another brand. Sandisk did this to me and many others. I suggest Samsung instead.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #6,328 of 6,622
I'm going to bet on two things here.
  1. The stuttering happens on high bitrate files like lossless.
  2. You have a Sandisk card.
Return your SD card and get another brand. Sandisk did this to me and many others. I suggest Samsung instead.

Yes to both, but caveat is that it occurs on even modest bit rate MP3s sometimes and it also sometimes plays a hi-res file with no issues whatsoever.
As mentioned I have a SanDisk Extreme card (rated for R160/W90), which is a significant step over the more basic Ultra line. Specifically a 128GB card that's rated for V30 and A2.
I do have a Samsung Evo 128GB, but it's being used by another device right now. Maybe I'll try getting a different memory card for the HiBy, but I'm still confused here because I tested the SanDisk Extreme card in a phone and it played everything flawlessly, suggesting that there's something weird with the HiBy's card reader architecture.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #6,329 of 6,622
I had the extreme too. You can go back a few months to see how much time I spent trying to fix this. Also spent hours with Hiby over Facebook and JRT to rule out anything else as the cause. Returned the Sandisk to Amazon and bought Samsung Evo. yes the claimed speed is lower but actual speed is really the same and it utterly fixed my issues.

Jan 5, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #6,330 of 6,622

In the middle of the screen, of the song that is playing, there is the Output Info (Samplerate, Bits and Format). To the left of this info is the play function (Sequential Play, Loop Single and Shuffle All). Just above this is a circle indicator with two arrows. Touch that symbol and the seek bar will change from circular to straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back