HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #6,061 of 6,622
The blue light on mine started to stay on again. As well as the Google Play Services I had to set all the permissions in Google Play Store and the HiBy music app and now it’s behaving again. It seems to be location permission that’s the culprit.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #6,062 of 6,622
Jun 10, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #6,063 of 6,622
That seems to fix the problem for me. Granting full permissions to the play store and google play services. I'm no longer seeing errors in the logs, and it appears to be going to sleep as normal. I'll report back if I experience any more issues but that looks to have solved it.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #6,064 of 6,622
Hi Joe,

Thanks for this, unfortunately there are some CRC error when i tried to extract them, can you please check your source?

Kind regards,
daduy
I am able to open the zip (not that you're supposed to for installation, but that should mean there's no CRC error). Can you open the zip (that supposedly has CRC errors) on your computer?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 10, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #6,065 of 6,622
That seems to fix the problem for me. Granting full permissions to the play store and google play services. I'm no longer seeing errors in the logs, and it appears to be going to sleep as normal. I'll report back if I experience any more issues but that looks to have solved it.

Thanks!

I just did follow the instructions from Hiby music Fb page. I am now testing it.. I usually listen to my music during Office hours which means 6-7 hrs continuous playback on my ears.. yes! I know It’s crazy but i am a designer and just sits on my table the whole day! Hope this really fixed the battery issues were all having.. Thanks Hiby, I’ll comeback again here and post whatever result i have tomorrow.. For now I’ll enjoy my music as usual..

Jun 11, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #6,066 of 6,622

Thanks!

I'll second this. Mine lost 1% overnight. Thank you HiBy and Joe!

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #6,067 of 6,622
I am able to open the zip (not that you're supposed to for installation, but that should mean there's no CRC error). Can you open the zip (that supposedly has CRC errors) on your computer?

Yes i can open the zip, just not extract them completely. Are you sure i don't need to extract them for flashing the R6?

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-11_22-12-36.png
    upload_2019-6-11_22-12-36.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #6,068 of 6,622
Yes i can open the zip, just not extract them completely. Are you sure i don't need to extract them for flashing the R6?
Hello,

I thought I'd ask you to just try running the update as described on p.349 and see what happens--as I understand this is a complete reformat of the device so even if a broken file breaks the update, you can just go again with the correct file or the Oreo file. But I admit I don't know 100% about these things and could be wrong so... I'll ask the team to md5 check the zip tomorrow.

What's the md5 checksum of your zip file as downloaded?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #6,069 of 6,622
Hello,

I thought I'd ask you to just try running the update as described on p.349 and see what happens--as I understand this is a complete reformat of the device so even if a broken file breaks the update, you can just go again with the correct file or the Oreo file. But I admit I don't know 100% about these things and could be wrong so... I'll ask the team to md5 check the zip tomorrow.

What's the md5 checksum of your zip file as downloaded?

Hi Joe,

MD5: dd83600f56f8ae540482aeb4b6ea61d4

Error that i got when extracting using 7-zip:

upload_2019-6-12_11-27-15.png

7-zip still manage to extract them, and i did try to flash them anyway, but then my R6 just stuck on the Hiby splash screen forever, so i am back on oreo for now.

Thanks,
daduy

Jun 12, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #6,070 of 6,622
i used OTG Cable from my LG V30+ tp Hiby R6, everything's fine except the "Supply power" funtion on my LG V30+ keep draining the battery so fast. How can this be fixed???? the OTG cable model's Ugreen USB Type C OTG as below
day-cap-otg-usb-type-c-to-usb-3-0-chuan-a-cong-am-cao-cap-ugreen-30645-0-600x342.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #6,071 of 6,622
Hi Joe,

MD5: dd83600f56f8ae540482aeb4b6ea61d4

Error that i got when extracting using 7-zip:

7-zip still manage to extract them, and i did try to flash them anyway, but then my R6 just stuck on the Hiby splash screen forever, so i am back on oreo for now.

Thanks,
daduy
That matches what I got from the download link provided, which however doesn't match the md5 on record.
We'll be re-uploading tomorrow.

In the meantime have you heard about the permissions fix for the battery issue?

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #6,072 of 6,622
That matches what I got from the download link provided, which however doesn't match the md5 on record.
We'll be re-uploading tomorrow.

In the meantime have you heard about the permissions fix for the battery issue?

Thanks Joe, the permission fix is brilliant, pretty happy with Oreo at the moment. I just can't pair the R6 to my soundbar on Oreo, which was fine on MM, but seriously no big deal. So don't worry too much about it :)

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #6,073 of 6,622
I'm just charging my R6 for the first time since the power drain issue was fixed so it's lasted five days. So now I've had a chance to to use it issue free I'm loving it. I used to alter the file names of all my tracks so they started with the artist then album name which doesn't work well on the HiBy. Now they start with the track number and then the track name and i can now easily see where i am in the album in folder view.

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #6,074 of 6,622
I am streaming Qobuz using my iPhone hot-spot and offline downloading the whole album as well as listening to it via LDAC.

Life is good!

Jun 15, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #6,075 of 6,622
877F95C5-89E3-4F9A-8457-F7D20D7FF16F.jpeg
However Qobuz has a difficulty getting started.

I get this error a lot

What can I do @Joe Bloggs ?

I have re booted / quit / forced quit
toggled Bluetooth & wifi on and off
Played Hiby music (fine but I only have a few songs in it)
Plugged in power

But Qobuz won't start

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back