HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #5,971 of 6,628
Not sure why I didn't think about this, but I just plugged my 1770 into the coax port and that works. Any problem with using the coax/line out port? Does it do anything differently?

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #5,972 of 6,628
Just uodated my R6 to 1.20G. Still testing. Wondering why there was no notice on the Hiby User Group on Facebook. Seems now theres 2 way Bluetooth but only suporting SBC codec for now. Hope they will include LDAC soon. In any case well done Hiby..

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #5,973 of 6,628
Just uodated my R6 to 1.20G. Still testing. Wondering why there was no notice on the Hiby User Group on Facebook. Seems now theres 2 way Bluetooth but only suporting SBC codec for now. Hope they will include LDAC soon. In any case well done Hiby..
Btw what does idle automatic shutdown do? I set it but R6 is still active after the timer runs out. Is there a need to do a reset after this ipdate?

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #5,974 of 6,628
STILL loving the look of the Hiby R6 in stainless steel, so classic! The matching stand is perfecto!

1.png

2.png

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #5,975 of 6,628
Hey Joe, yes. No sound through the SE port. It seems to be permanently stuck in balanced. I think the battery drain issue was just the play button getting pushed when i put it in my headphone case, but the balanced issue remains after a factory reset, and multiple restarts.

Well, you would want to contact service@hiby.com for instructions for repairing your device :frowning2:

Any idea how long will hiby take to repair r6? I'd sent my unit to repair the faulty 2.5mm port but they dont really give me any lead time for repair.

If you sent it to our Hong Kong address, it takes approximately 2 weeks for the devices to be forwarded to our HQ in Dongguan and from there about 7 days for repair. They will then contact you regarding details for returning the repaired device to you.

Not sure why I didn't think about this, but I just plugged my 1770 into the coax port and that works. Any problem with using the coax/line out port? Does it do anything differently?

Well yes, that would sound noticeably different since it's designed to signal a line in port rather than push a pair of headphones. You may notice changes in the frequency response because of the high output impedance or a loss of bass because of capacitor coupling of the outputs. (neither of which affects a proper line connection)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 3, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #5,977 of 6,628
After the last update, balance mode drained the battery very quick and the device become hot.. i listen 2 songs and the percentage down by 6%.. i think there is a problem in the new update.. previously, does not happen like this..

Your not the Only one Bro.. same here with me,
Another issue I noticed after the update was my Device getting pretty hot while charging at QC3.0 which never happened with previous Version.
I believe there’s something wrong with the latest Firmware update. I hope Hiby can address this soon. Just Hoping.

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #5,980 of 6,628
My R6 drained it's battery overnight again. This time from about 45%. I made sure i didn't leave a track playing and i unplugged the balanced cable and the screen showed know headphones were plugged in. So i conclude something in the latest firmware is causing this.

I too think it's draining the battery a bit quicker in balanced mode. I listened for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, and i used about 50% of the battery. The R6 did get warm but i read it can do that at relatively high volumes in balanced mode so i wasn't too concerned.

I shall try powering off the device tonight and see if it holds it's charge over night

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #5,982 of 6,628
Haven't updated my HIby in awhile as I have it listed for sale. Those of you having issues with the battery draining, are you on the latest wireless update (R6int_1.20Gbeta) or is there a version after that causing issues? Also it seems like offline Masters albums downloaded through tidal still don't play in the full bitrate as they did before, you can stream in full bitrate, but dowloaded masters albums the bitrate is cut in half, can anyone confirm?

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #5,983 of 6,628
Where did you get the stand from?

Friends with the owner of a CNC company DV8 that is right next door from me. We designed it and machined it out that day. The stand is machined out of solid billet of aircraft grade aluminum so it feels very solid. We are actually making a few more stands so if you're interested let me know, we plan on improving the design and adding options like cable port, etc.

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #5,984 of 6,628
:triportsad:

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #5,985 of 6,628
Hmm... So seems to be a problem beyond me. Anyone have issue with being permanently stuck in balanced mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back