HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #5,986 of 6,622
Haven't updated my HIby in awhile as I have it listed for sale. Those of you having issues with the battery draining, are you on the latest wireless update (R6int_1.20Gbeta) or is there a version after that causing issues? Also it seems like offline Masters albums downloaded through tidal still don't play in the full bitrate as they did before, you can stream in full bitrate, but dowloaded masters albums the bitrate is cut in half, can anyone confirm?

Yes, i'm on the latest wireless update (R6int_1.20GBeta_20190523_0820)

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #5,988 of 6,622
Hmm. Even when I used coax, it still said Bal and ran super hot. Went down 20% in about 30-45 minutes.

Jun 3, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #5,991 of 6,622
Haven't updated my HIby in awhile as I have it listed for sale. Those of you having issues with the battery draining, are you on the latest wireless update (R6int_1.20Gbeta) or is there a version after that causing issues? Also it seems like offline Masters albums downloaded through tidal still don't play in the full bitrate as they did before, you can stream in full bitrate, but dowloaded masters albums the bitrate is cut in half, can anyone confirm?

I can confirm that this issue is still happening and the workaround is to downgrade tidal to version 2.11.3

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #5,993 of 6,622
My R6 is draining in this manner also since updating to FW v1.20 the other day. First instance two days ago-dropped from 60% to 11% and was very warm to touch. Today dropped 100% to 71%. Both times the DAP was not in use/not playing: screen, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi all off. Battery mode 1. Drain occurred in about 3-4 hours. This is new since the update. Previously got very good stats while playing and while in idle/shutdown.

This is really alarming, considering the previous firmware never had an issue like this. Overheating issues while charging, Fast battery drains while on standby is not present on previous firmware..
We need help here Hiby.

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #5,994 of 6,622
Yes, a JCally cable and I’m liking it

I ordered the JCALLY cable but I cancelled it due to it being reversed in wiring. I read in the KZ thread that it was wired for QDC. It's too bad they can't just rewire and flip it backward. I have a TF10 cable which is the same polarity as the QDC and when I tried it on the ZS10 Pro, I just didn't like it. The soundstage gets weird.

I used this site to test the polarity (see the section for Center and Twisted): https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,995 of 6,622
I am having the same battery drain on oreo using battery mode 1, but battery mode 2 seems to be much better. I would suggest trying them out.

I found that in general Marshmallow is more stable than Oreo for Hiby R6, but YMMV

Jun 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #5,996 of 6,622
I am having the same battery drain on oreo using battery mode 1, but battery mode 2 seems to be much better. I would suggest trying them out.

I found that in general Marshmallow is more stable than Oreo for Hiby R6, but YMMV

I just rolled back to the very first R6 OREO OS update using HiBy's tools. Will keep using that until this battery issue is resolved!

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #5,997 of 6,622
I ordered the JCALLY cable but I cancelled it due to it being reversed in wiring. I read in the KZ thread that it was wired for QDC. It's too bad they can't just rewire and flip it backward. I have a TF10 cable which is the same polarity as the QDC and when I tried it on the ZS10 Pro, I just didn't like it. The soundstage gets weird.

I used this site to test the polarity (see the section for Center and Twisted): https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Interesting. In that case what balanced cable do you use?

I've just tried the unbalanced cable and I still prefer the balanced cable even if it's not right :)

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #5,998 of 6,622

My R6 held it's charge over night whilst powered off. I've just switched to battery mode 2 and will leave it powered on over night tonight to see what happens

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #5,999 of 6,622
Hello everybody,

Some time ago I installed Black Player on my R6 and I noticed it remapped the hardware buttons to itself.
Even after uninstalling Black Player the Hiby app wasn't able to respond to the hardware buttons.

Does anybody know how I can remap the hardware buttons back to the Hiby app again?

I couldn't find any option in the settings of the OS or the app itself.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #6,000 of 6,622
Hello everybody,

Some time ago I installed Black Player on my R6 and I noticed it remapped the hardware buttons to itself.
Even after uninstalling Black Player the Hiby app wasn't able to respond to the hardware buttons.

Does anybody know how I can remap the hardware buttons back to the Hiby app again?

I couldn't find any option in the settings of the OS or the app itself.

Thanks in advance.

I would imagine a factory reset would resolve that issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back