HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 9, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #5,251 of 6,622
If use USB Audio Pro it plays MQA through my Google Pixel XL with no problem. Just buy the USB Audio Pro app and I to had pay another $3.99 to get the MQA feature.
Tidal app is doing the same for free. Just update and you be able to play MQA files.

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #5,252 of 6,622
The battery drains like 50% overnight on standby. Also playback battery drain is also much faster. Were you able to figure anything out?
Nope, however things got better over time and after a few reboots.
I didn't change settings but last night there was hardly any drain (2-3%).
However I have been using the R6 a few hours today (not on balanced output) and I just noticed it was on 24%! It was on 97% when I left home this morning.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #5,255 of 6,622

When I saw this post I thought that isn't right. Last week I had done the update and reloaded Tidal from the Play Store. No sign of any masters albums (I have the premium subscription). So on seeing this post I uninstalled Tidal, re-booted the R6 and re-installed Tidal. Sure enough Tidal masters are now present. The R6 confirms that the app is completing the first MQA unfold up to 24/96. If you hadn't posted I would have been none the wiser. I guess Tidal must have updated there app since I first installed it on the update. And thank you Hiby - the update was a little troublesome but well worth it in the end. I am a very happy camper with Tidal masters finally being on the R6 and can be downloaded for offline playback - no need for UAPP.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,256 of 6,622
Great player the R6 . Better output than my pioneer xdp-300 150mw max. Just wasn't enough, and faster Android experience. But as I was in market for new smartphone. I bought the LG V40. Wow. After I figured out how to change output power I sold the Hiby. Think about it. Best android CPU snapdragon 845 with quad dac.Nice opamp . Sd card support up to 2tb. Latest Bluetooth. Best of all 1 device.
Korean tech not Chinese. As far as balenced out that's a total farce. I'm a retired sound engineer and that's a fact. Balanced output on a portable player ridiculous. Would only be feasible on a 5-pin output. Just not necessary on a portable.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #5,257 of 6,622
Great player the R6 . Better output than my pioneer xdp-300 150mw max. Just wasn't enough, and faster Android experience. But as I was in market for new smartphone. I bought the LG V40. Wow. After I figured out how to change output power I sold the Hiby. Think about it. Best android CPU snapdragon 845 with quad dac.Nice opamp . Sd card support up to 2tb. Latest Bluetooth. Best of all 1 device.
Korean tech not Chinese. As far as balenced out that's a total farce. I'm a retired sound engineer and that's a fact. Balanced output on a portable player ridiculous. Would only be feasible on a 5-pin output. Just not necessary on a portable.

No LG device has more than one DAC chip inside. But repeating a falsehood enough times makes it the truth I suppose
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...unded-indiegogo.852042/page-294#post-14488296

No the balanced out on the R6 is not "balanced" in the sense of having a hot, cold terminal and a ground to reference against for noise rejection, but neither is that necessary in the short run to the headphones. What it does have is complete separation of the left and right channels thanks to removal of the common ground. But if you want a 5-pin output, that's the 4.4mm port on the upcoming R6 pro. I don't think it's necessary for the benefits of balanced on headphones as you seem to think, but it *is* a more sturdy port mechanically

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 9, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #5,258 of 6,622
No LG device has more than one DAC chip inside. But repeating a falsehood enough times makes it the truth I suppose
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...unded-indiegogo.852042/page-294#post-14488296

No the balanced out on the R6 is not "balanced" in the sense of having a hot, cold terminal and a ground to reference against for noise rejection, but neither is that necessary in the short run to the headphones. What it does have is complete separation of the left and right channels thanks to removal of the common ground. But if you want a 5-pin output, that's the 4.4mm port on the upcoming R6 pro. I don't think it's necessary for the benefits of balanced on headphones as you seem to think, but it *is* a more sturdy port mechanically
I also smile whenever I see the phrase “quad dac”.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #5,259 of 6,622

Bravo! Hopefully I could get my R6 Pro next Wednesday... can't wait to try out its 4.4mm port.:)

Thanks again, Joe!

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #5,260 of 6,622
Is there anyway of using either the HiBy app or other app that scrobbles to last.fm? I use Spotify but I fear that I will run out of downloads. (IIRC Spotify allows only for 10k songs to be downloaded at any given point on a device)

Edit: spelling and posted solution in comments

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #5,264 of 6,622
I just got my Hiby R6, very exited about but... I see there is no google play store installed and on setting the “add account” won’t work I keep pressing “add account” and it does nothing! Am I supposed to side load the app I want instead? Haven’t tried yet. I already installed all ota updates available too. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #5,265 of 6,622
I just got my Hiby R6, very exited about but... I see there is no google play store installed and on setting the “add account” won’t work I keep pressing “add account” and it does nothing! Am I supposed to side load the app I want instead? Haven’t tried yet. I already installed all ota updates available too. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
hi, i just got my r6 yesterday and it came with the latest Oreo android update with the play store installed. i could log in and download apps directly with no sideloading - i can’t get Tidal authorised to download songs so still working on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back