HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #5,056 of 6,622
Thanks to teston for posting the video. Without some of the screen shots I would not have succeeded. I upgraded to 8.1. Took awhile. My computer didn't follow the video exactly. My com port was com5. Had to start the programs from internet explorer. But, once set up, the actual conversion went pretty fast. NOTE: The conversion does wipe out your music list and playlist so backup them up if possible. I copied my music list to a new subfile with internet explorer and then recopied it back to my R6 after the 8.1 conversion. The instructions included with the download files are almost useless and very hard to follow. Hard to tell what is general information and what is actual steps to take to make the conversion work. Hope I don't have to do this again any time soon.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #5,057 of 6,622
My Qualcomm driver isn’t showing up under Universal Serial Bus controllers. I even tried to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode but still nothing after restart. The USB composite version I have doesn’t have a Qualcomm driver listed when I try to manually install a driver either. I also don’t have a Ports section on Device Manager. Haha I couldn’t even get through the first step...

I also didnt see the qualcomm driver under universal serial bus....i kept trucking though...and the update worked after a few ‘hiccups’.

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #5,058 of 6,622
My Qualcomm driver isn’t showing up under Universal Serial Bus controllers. I even tried to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode but still nothing after restart. The USB composite version I have doesn’t have a Qualcomm driver listed when I try to manually install a driver either. I also don’t have a Ports section on Device Manager. Haha I couldn’t even get through the first step...
Just spitballing here, but did you start by downloading and unzipping all three files? I only downloaded the setup file and tried to run it and nothing worked.

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #5,059 of 6,622
Just spitballing here, but did you start by downloading and unzipping all three files? I only downloaded the setup file and tried to run it and nothing worked.

That was one of my hiccups. I was trying to run the apps without fully extracting/unzipping. So i extracted all the 3 folders into the same folder and re-tried the steps.

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #5,060 of 6,622
Sorry if this was covered... why do we need to update? My R6 is working just fine.

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #5,062 of 6,622
Still have this problem, hopefully someone can help. :c
When I had problems with the conversion and appeared my R6 wouldn't power up, I then held down the vol up, vol down and power buttons together for like fifteen seconds until the screen flashed and it powered up. After that it powered again as normal. Don't know if that will help.

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #5,063 of 6,622
I also didnt see the qualcomm driver under universal serial bus....i kept trucking though...and the update worked after a few ‘hiccups’.

Interesting not sure if I’m ready to do that though,

For reference, I unzipped all at the same time on my desktop before I installed the driver and the drivers didn’t show up. I think I’m gonna come back in a week and try this, not really trying to brick a 500 dollar dap. I’ve rooted phones before and this is not going as smoothly as I thought it would. Even the FiiO Q5 Bluetooth firmware was easier to update and that was a bunch of zips too.

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #5,064 of 6,622
Interesting not sure if I’m ready to do that though,

For reference, I unzipped all at the same time on my desktop before I installed the driver and the drivers didn’t show up. I think I’m gonna come back in a week and try this, not really trying to brick a 500 dollar dap. I’ve rooted phones before and this is not going as smoothly as I thought it would. Even the FiiO Q5 Bluetooth firmware was easier to update and that was a bunch of zips too.

I agree, this is not that easy...and Im pretty tech savy.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #5,065 of 6,622
When I had problems with the conversion and appeared my R6 wouldn't power up, I then held down the vol up, vol down and power buttons together for like fifteen seconds until the screen flashed and it powered up. After that it powered again as normal. Don't know if that will help.

I will try that when I get back from work. Don’t recall if I already tried but will do again.

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #5,066 of 6,622
I would also ask why update? is the new firmware any better running the HiBy music app? after all it's only a shell to run the app in. I don't use the firmware for anything else..... The firmware has been out for a few days now and nothing about whats been added, what the differance is etc etc.

Qnapper

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #5,067 of 6,622
After a little help if possible folks with this update. I have downloaded the 3 files and unzipped them to separate folders on my desktop. Installed the driver and attached my R6 and device manager correctly shows the Qualcomm driver. However when I run the download installer the screen won't allow me to maximize it so as to see all the required sections e.g. software choice and start. I have tried reducing the screen resolution without success. I've also tried on a second computer same problem. Running Windows 10 with all latest updates. Any possible solutions would be gratefully received.

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #5,069 of 6,622
Already did the update. Took no longer than 15 minutes. Seems that Hiby changed the gain. Plays louder at lower volume settings.

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #5,070 of 6,622
Sorry if i disturb again, i would like to know if Hiby R6 has replay gain. It is important for me.
Thanks in advance.

Yes. Hiby Music does have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back