HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #5,026 of 6,628
La LDAC available now?

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #5,031 of 6,628
Hiby make great products but public relations is not their strong suit! Oreo update for R6 looks like being a PR repeat of the R3 shipping CharlieFox.

@fanoble maybe prioritise this for OTA? I can see you guys burning a heap of goodwill otherwise...
Thats what i thought !.......Just a pain that no easier solution

Looking at the process they are using I don’t think an OTA would have been possible for this update. For whatever reason they are changing the partition mapping on the internal drive. Perhaps this is related to drive encryption on Oreo?

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #5,033 of 6,628
One thing I've noticed, to put it plainly: Neutron Music Player does not get along with the Hiby R6 on Android 8.1. Trying to output high res. audio results in significant playback issues. In the upper right hand corner where audio bitrate is displayed, it seems to be showing 2.8M regardless of the track selected.
Here's a picture of the problem. Note the number in the upper right hand corner (11.2M) vs the sample rate of the file (192K).
Screenshot_20181229-073030[1].png

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #5,034 of 6,628
Found an old Windows laptop and did the install......Worked first time and looking good. Just got to setup now

Although enabling alexa on amazon music setup causes it to crash....uninstalled and ran again without alexa and its fine

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #5,036 of 6,628
Hi, is the firmware update simple and straightforward?
Reading through previous posts it seems dependent on your technical prowess with computers. For some, easy-others not so much. I'm a "senior" Hiby owner and did it yesterday afternoon. Took a couple of hours-BUT I had to retry a couple of steps. This was mostly due to my difficulty following the steps on the video. Once I completed the steps properly the update itself went rather quickly and smoothly. Getting to that point presented me with a few challenges, though.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #5,037 of 6,628
Reading through previous posts it seems dependent on your technical prowess with computers. For some, easy-others not so much. I'm a "senior" Hiby owner and did it yesterday afternoon. Took a couple of hours-BUT I had to retry a couple of steps. This was mostly due to my difficulty following the steps on the video. Once I completed the steps properly the update itself went rather quickly and smoothly. Getting to that point presented me with a few challenges, though.

I’m worry about my computer technical knowledge, never good in it....Even though I went through several times on the video clip but I still don’t have the confidence to do it...furthermore, I need to borrow a laptop first...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back