HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #5,041 of 6,628
1.How common of a issues is WiFi connection and streaming say on Tidal with the R6 ?

2. When using Tidal can you store downloaded music?

3. Is the Bluetooth any good on the R6 and does it matter if you purchase the stainless vs the aluminium body type?

I trying to see if the R6 Pro is really worth $349 dollars more R6 .

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #5,043 of 6,628
Hi guys, tried upgrading to 8.1 but after the part where my R6 is supposed to restart itself it just didn't and now it won't turn on. Any suggestions on a fix?

When you checked port/com number in device manager did the uploader have a warning ⚠️ icon to the left?

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #5,044 of 6,628
Did you get the green light on the burning tool?.. . If its stuck try powering down and starting again?

Yes I did, turned green and i waited for a few min but nothing happened. I can't even power up/down the device, no light on the power button.

When you checked port/com number in device manager did the uploader have a warning ⚠️ icon to the left?

Nope, switched to the same com (com3) as displayed in my device manager and as per what the video instructed. No warning icon was there.

My R6 when connected to my PC now reads as 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (com3).'

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #5,045 of 6,628
1.How common of a issues is WiFi connection and streaming say on Tidal with the R6 ?

2. When using Tidal can you store downloaded music?

3. Is the Bluetooth any good on the R6 and does it matter if you purchase the stainless vs the aluminium body type?

I trying to see if the R6 Pro is really worth $349 dollars more R6 .

Thanks

I have the stainless steel version. Edit*

I use Spotify and never had any issues, not sure if tidal will be different.

I have used my r6 at the gym a lot and never had connection issues with my jaybird x3s, sometimes walking to get water and not even dropping connection in a fairly large gym. However this may be the Bluetooth implementation in some cars but my Mercedes drops the connection or will have skips in the music when connected for too long, I have to reboot the r6 to establish a proper connection again. But in my VW I have no issues, although I rarely use Bluetooth since that car has an aux.

Side note thanks everyone for reporting on the firmware upgrade its really helpful.

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #5,047 of 6,628
Reading through previous posts it seems dependent on your technical prowess with computers. For some, easy-others not so much. I'm a "senior" Hiby owner and did it yesterday afternoon. Took a couple of hours-BUT I had to retry a couple of steps. This was mostly due to my difficulty following the steps on the video. Once I completed the steps properly the update itself went rather quickly and smoothly. Getting to that point presented me with a few challenges, though.

So the update to Android 8.1 went OK?

Would love if you would do a screen capture video of how to do the upgrade and post here. There video is very poorly done and not clear.

Is device stable and just as quick on Oreo?

Thanks

Dec 29, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #5,048 of 6,628
So the update to Android 8.1 went OK?

Would love if you would do a screen capture video of how to do the upgrade and post here. There video is very poorly done and not clear.

Is device stable and just as quick on Oreo?

Thanks

The R6 seems to run just great on Oreo 8.1. Programmers also took the opportunity to tweak the Hiby Music app a bit.

My only issue is my device times out when copying music from my Windows 10 PC to internal & SD storage. So the DAP is "not responding" and must be disconnected/reconnected to restart copy process.

The screen capture is a great idea (beyond what I can do! ) but there are some computer screen shots included in the PDF instructions in the update package.

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #5,049 of 6,628
The R6 seems to run just great on Oreo 8.1. Programmers also took the opportunity to tweak the Hiby Music app a bit.

My only issue is my device times out when copying music from my Windows 10 PC to internal & SD storage. So the DAP is "not responding" and must be disconnected/reconnected to restart copy process.

The screen capture is a great idea (beyond what I can do! ) but there are some computer screen shots included in the PDF instructions in the update package.

Thanks. I sitting on the fence to buy a R6 in stainless for $549 or part with the Pro $799. I have a bouch 2,5 mm blanced cables. I want know if the WiFi issues is better with Oreo upgrade ?

I stream Tidal alot and WiFi is is very important to me .

Had issues before and after the Oreo update with WiFi ?

Thanks

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #5,050 of 6,628
I cant seem to connect the R6 to an iphone xs using Hibylink via Bluetooth. Is this supported?

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #5,051 of 6,628
I cant seem to connect the R6 to an iphone xs using Hibylink via Bluetooth. Is this supported?
It works, you must turn on HiBylink Server R6, but when the R6 asks do you want to "make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devies forb 1250 seconds" press Deny. I dont know why it works this way, but it does and I use it all the time so the R6 is connected to speakers and I control it via the iPhone X
Enjoy

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #5,052 of 6,628
Hello Gentlemen, I'm attempting to upgrade my R6 to 8.1. I can't resize the Multiport Download tool to access the radio buttons. Any suggestions? I'm running windows 10, 64 bit English version.
Thank you for your time guys!!
Kevin

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #5,053 of 6,628
It works, you must turn on HiBylink Server R6, but when the R6 asks do you want to "make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devies forb 1250 seconds" press Deny. I dont know why it works this way, but it does and I use it all the time so the R6 is connected to speakers and I control it via the iPhone X
Enjoy

Im not even getting the message asking me about bluetooth. Arg!

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #5,054 of 6,628
Hello Gentlemen, I'm attempting to upgrade my R6 to 8.1. I can't resize the Multiport Download tool to access the radio buttons. Any suggestions? I'm running windows 10, 64 bit English version.
Thank you for your time guys!!
Kevin

Update your windows display settings to the lowest resolution in settings

Dec 29, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #5,055 of 6,628
My Qualcomm driver isn’t showing up under Universal Serial Bus controllers. I even tried to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode but still nothing after restart. The USB composite version I have doesn’t have a Qualcomm driver listed when I try to manually install a driver either. I also don’t have a Ports section on Device Manager. Haha I couldn’t even get through the first step...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back