HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 22, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #4,996 of 6,627
Dec 22, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #4,997 of 6,627
I can only speak as I find and yes, companies will only address issues (and I’m not the only one by far who has had these WiFi problems) if people speak out. And sometimes you have to over-make a point to get anything to change. I’m glad some others have had no issues. But I’m sorry, when you spend this kind of money on anything you should at least expect it to function, even if it doesn’t excel.
I can only say I will feel your pain too if I had to deal with it. But for me, I would just use my wallet to do the voting. Have fun and better luck with the others.

For my R6, it does what I want it to do for me. That's good enough for now....But let's have the 8.1 update sooner than later

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #4,998 of 6,627
For my R6, it does what I want it to do for me. That's good enough for now....But let's have the 8.1 update sooner than later
Screenshot_2018-12-19-10-05-01.png

Dec 22, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #4,999 of 6,627
Thinking about picking this DAP up. Seems like a lot of the concerns/complaints about this device are poor wifi connectivity and the 10ohm output impedance. 95% of my listening would be 16 bit flac from SD card using Sony MDR-1AM2 (which are 16ohm headphones) at moderate listening volume. Should I be concerned about the 10ohm output impedenace? Should I achieve around 10 - 12 hours battery life; anything under 10 is a real turnoff.
Sony zx300 far better choise for your demands

Dec 22, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #5,002 of 6,627
thanks, i wasn't aware that the r6 can't stream. i need this to work at home, in the car and on the move so yes, definitely required.

any thoughts on cables? granted this does look like a newbie spurging out, but i have a 4mth deployment to the darkest recesses of africa coming up in march so would like a decent music companion. i have opted for recessed 2 pins on the CA and would like that to go into the 4.4mm balanced on the r6p.

Just wanted to chime in, I got my R6 during the first initial indiegogo launch and I've never had any wifi issues 2.4G or 5G. I use Bandcamp, Spotify, Soundcloud, and Datpiff and they all have streamed perfectly. I also have never experienced any interfering noises or hiss from the Wifi or Bluetooth being swithed on, but I do not have any iems under 30ohm impedance.

Dec 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #5,003 of 6,627
Just wanted to chime in, I got my R6 during the first initial indiegogo launch and I've never had any wifi issues 2.4G or 5G. I use Bandcamp, Spotify, Soundcloud, and Datpiff and they all have streamed perfectly. I also have never experienced any interfering noises or hiss from the Wifi or Bluetooth being swithed on, but I do not have any iems under 30ohm impedance.

Same here with the wifi. I agree with others that it's not as good as a smartphone. The range is definitely not as good but for me it works fine. I never really get any dropouts streaming from any of the major streaming apps (except for Tidal, I don't use Tidal).

I did experience tons of interference from wifi when using my CIEMs but I bought a iEMatch and that solved the problem while also solving the high output impedance issue.

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #5,004 of 6,627
Same here with the wifi. I agree with others that it's not as good as a smartphone. The range is definitely not as good but for me it works fine. I never really get any dropouts streaming from any of the major streaming apps (except for Tidal, I don't use Tidal).

I did experience tons of interference from wifi when using my CIEMs but I bought a iEMatch and that solved the problem while also solving the high output impedance issue.

I use Tidal a lot and my R6 has been working just well. I agree it might not be as strong as a smartphone as long as Wi-Fi (and perhaps bluetooth) is concerned... Yet compared with my smartphone (LG V20) the sound quality of the R6 is simply superior (streaming music in particular, thanks to its DTA application); the V20 is simply not in the same league.:)

That said, I'm looking forward to try out the R6 Pro to see if it will be a big improvement over the R6.

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #5,005 of 6,627
I don’t dispute that sound wise the R6 beats any mobile phone but, sorry, that should be much more than a graven. Why on earth would you spend 500 GBP if it didn’t? It’s intetesting that both the R6s I’ve had have been appallingly bad wrt WiFi.

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #5,006 of 6,627
I had had my R6 now for 2 weeks. The wifi is fine the Bluetooth is fine, but I have found turning off wifi makes the bluethooth much better.

Sound over bluetooth is very good better then the iPhone X I have, but plug in to the same speakers via cable and OMG the sound is outstanding.

I also have balanced in ear and standard, but the sound out via balanced in ear is again outstanding.

Having a music colection of upwards of 300GB of mixed acc,mp3 and lately flac I wanded one device to store all my music to take whereever I go. This decive does this and so much more.

I now just mneed to play with/work out the best settings for the MSEB which again adds so much to the sound out.

Qnapper

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #5,008 of 6,627
There is play store on the R6 right? Did anyone test a VPN on the device? I would use it to download some kkbox offline.

I wonder if the R6 with tidal and kkbox offline, worth it compared to the R3 as (mostly) a transporter to mojo.

I’ve used it with NordVPN. It works exactly as you’d expect. Anymore questions you have about it, I can answer.

Though tell me, what is kkbox?

Dec 25, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #5,010 of 6,627
I’ve used it with NordVPN. It works exactly as you’d expect. Anymore questions you have about it, I can answer.

Though tell me, what is kkbox?
KKBOX is a music streaming service developed by KKBOX Inc., a software company in Taipei from 2004.[1] It is a part of Japanese Telecom Group, KDDI. The service area mainly targeting the music market of Southeast Asia, focusing on regions including: Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, etc. Working on a freemium basis, both "pay-per-month" buyers or free service listeners can listen to over 20-million tunes (kkbox) on smartphones, TVs, media centers and computers.[2]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back