HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Sep 27, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #4,516 of 6,628
Tidal version 2.7.8.837.3.

1. Tidal freezes often when in the middle of a simple operation like selecting a track from an album and message come up that it’s not responding and I have to close Tidal down and start again. Also happens when searching in Tidal. Probably happens one in every three times I use the player

2. When downloading tracks to save offline, sometimes it freezes. Also touch sensitivity is very poor. I have to touch “downloading” several times to take me to the list of tracks still to download.

3. Already downloaded Tidal tracks take a very long time to load - as if they are being streamed. They should load almost instantly. They did with my previous Pioneer XDP 300R.
Thanks for the information. Please follow the tests and instructions in email, where we received your feedback earlier. We will keep following your case and give instruction in email. Thanks!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #4,517 of 6,628
Hiby just wants to take this out of the forum and into one-to-one communication, as it’s causing embarrassment. I told them I’ve done the things they asked me to try (see if problems persist using Hiby music, do factory re-set, clear out Tidal data) and they haven’t replied. I will continue to post here on any progress (or lack of it) as people need to know the truth. They either need to fix it or instruct Advanced MP3 Players in the UK to replace the unit.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #4,518 of 6,628
Hiby has just come back to me, asking me to send the unit back to China from the UK at my expense and massive inconvenience!!! They have a UK reseller, Advanced MP3 Players. There is clearly a problem with the unit. You would have thought they would ask the reseller to step in and just replace it. For £500 (or nearer £100 cost to Hiby) you would think it made commercial and reputationsl sense to close this off at minimal cost to themselves. Or it’s just going to get worse. Hiby has a lot to learn about customer service.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #4,519 of 6,628
Why don't you just send the unit back to Advanced MP3 under legal warranty? Isn't that the main point of buying the device locally?

Edit: I don't think Hiby could instruct any of their local partners how to conduct their business. At least in a legally binding way.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #4,521 of 6,628
Hiby has just come back to me, asking me to send the unit back to China from the UK at my expense and massive inconvenience!!! They have a UK reseller, Advanced MP3 Players. There is clearly a problem with the unit. You would have thought they would ask the reseller to step in and just replace it. For £500 (or nearer £100 cost to Hiby) you would think it made commercial and reputationsl sense to close this off at minimal cost to themselves. Or it’s just going to get worse. Hiby has a lot to learn about customer service.
The customer service probably just forgot / didn't know that you bought locally from AMP3. There's no sane reason why they'd want it shipped overseas like that given the local alternative.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #4,522 of 6,628
Guys...How do I constantly view the remaining battery life on the R6?
I know I can swipe and eventually see the percentage, but is there way to have it permanently shown?

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #4,523 of 6,628
Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your cooperation and patience with our test instructions. We are always willing to offer assistance on this issue and instant replies to you.

We gave instructions on after-sales replacement in emails. We are sorry to see that there seemed some confusing or misleading information. We asked you to return the unit to us directly first, and then in order to save time and for your convenience, we were willing to contact our dealer in UK to replace for you directly. We have been waiting for your reply for 25 hours since we asked you some information such as serial number and then we can proceed to next steps. Hope you can understand that it is routine procedure for us to record the information of your R6. Please reply our email sent before 25hour as soon as possible.

We still attach great importance to your case. We had contacted Advanced MP3 Players once we got your request. We will try our best to assist you to solve the problem as soon as we can. Thank you.

Best Regards,
HiBy Team

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #4,524 of 6,628
Guys...How do I constantly view the remaining battery life on the R6?
I know I can swipe and eventually see the percentage, but is there way to have it permanently shown?
Are you mentioning the battery percentage value on the upper right of the screen?
Settings -> Display -> Show battery percentage value (enable).

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #4,525 of 6,628
Hi does anyone know what the pre-amp level or amp level slider in the equaliser tab in the hiby music app does? It seems to lower the out level and allow volume to turned up higher. It sort of equalizes the line out to an outboard amp and also sort of powers the noise floor(?) Thru the hiby r6 phone output. At least that's what it seems to do from my listening.

I hope someone can clarify this and whether this is useful to have or should I just turn the equaliser off?

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #4,526 of 6,628
What are y'all's thoughts about DAP vs phone and quality DAC/Amp? I love my iPhone with my Shure 846's on the go unfortunately it doesn't do so well with my Focal Elears, not a big deal though I typically use those for home use. I also have a set of Audeze iSine 20's that i use the cipher cable they sound ok, personally I like the flatter/natural sound of the non eq'ed 3.5mm cable....

Anyways. I can't decide If I want to get a DAP or a MOJO to go with my device. I store FLAC and Hi-Rez files on my phone and use the Hiby or Onkyo App, I also subscribe to Google Play Music, I don't always stream but it's a great way to discover new artist.

I guess I'm more curious about sound, what would be better? Both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm looking at the AK SE100, DX150, maybe the R6 Pro

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #4,527 of 6,628
Hi does anyone know what the pre-amp level or amp level slider in the equaliser tab in the hiby music app does? It seems to lower the out level and allow volume to turned up higher. It sort of equalizes the line out to an outboard amp and also sort of powers the noise floor(?) Thru the hiby r6 phone output. At least that's what it seems to do from my listening.

I hope someone can clarify this and whether this is useful to have or should I just turn the equaliser off?

Thanks.

Pre amp level is very useful when using the EQ.
Lets say you want to add a bunch of bass and you decide you’ll do that by pushing the slider up. The amplifier may not be able to handle all that extra (signal/ volume) and could become overdriven and distort. By lowering the pre amp slider you are presenting a more reasonable load to the amp, and your ears.

You could also add bass/mid/treble by lowering a combination of the other sliders, then raise the pre amp slider up to compensate for the reduced volume to the the amp.

Only you can decide if you want to use the equalizer, I personally use eq for every listening session. Once I have it set for my taste, sometimes I’ll make some adjustments depending on the recording I’m listening too.

I’d suggest you play around with it and and decide if its something worthwhile for you.

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #4,528 of 6,628
Hi does anyone know what the pre-amp level or amp level slider in the equaliser tab in the hiby music app does?
it's a standard gain adjustment to compensate for EQ changes. Almost all EQs have this feature - or the feature is set automatically if a slider isn't available. I like the fact that Hiby has given the user control of this. Fiio on the other hand (for x7ii) automatically sets their pre-gain based on the range of the EQ sliders - not based on where those sliders are set. So they drop 6 db even if you only boost the bass by say 2 db. The minute you activate EQ, it drops the gain.

practical application: If you boost the bass by 5db and then the mids by 2db - you'll want to reduce the gain by at least 5 db using this slider so that your signal doesn't clip the DAC. In other words, you have to reduce the gain by as much as the highest boost you give to an EQ band. I always reduce an extra db just to be safe.

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #4,530 of 6,628
it's a standard gain adjustment to compensate for EQ changes. Almost all EQs have this feature - or the feature is set automatically if a slider isn't available. I like the fact that Hiby has given the user control of this. Fiio on the other hand (for x7ii) automatically sets their pre-gain based on the range of the EQ sliders - not based on where those sliders are set. So they drop 6 db even if you only boost the bass by say 2 db. The minute you activate EQ, it drops the gain.

practical application: If you boost the bass by 5db and then the mids by 2db - you'll want to reduce the gain by at least 5 db using this slider so that your signal doesn't clip the DAC. In other words, you have to reduce the gain by as much as the highest boost you give to an EQ band. I always reduce an extra db just to be safe.

Cool info. I had the r6 and this feature was great. I'm running an ibasso dx150 now and looks like it does not have or I just dont know how to activate it, not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back