HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 4, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,601 of 6,622
I've had a chance to use the R6 with the Andromeda for the past couple of days and I can say that the sound signature is akin to a Bottlehead Crack amp w/Speedball (Mullard and 5998 tubes installed).
The Bottlehead has a smidge more treble extension and air.
I like how the R6 maintains the Andromeda's treble energy but is still able to sound smooth and non-fatiguing. It allows me to push the volume higher.

Anyway, I sold my SS R6 due to the weight mainly. I also heard there might be a fix with the internet connection issues? (although it might just be the firmware on my router).
I'm going to assume that the R6 on Musicteck is the final version? Can anyone on this forum confirm?

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #3,602 of 6,622
I've had a chance to use the R6 with the Andromeda for the past couple of days and I can say that the sound signature is akin to a Bottlehead Crack amp w/Speedball (Mullard and 5998 tubes installed).
The Bottlehead has a smidge more treble extension and air.
I like how the R6 maintains the Andromeda's treble energy but is still able to sound smooth and non-fatiguing. It allows me to push the volume higher.

Anyway, I sold my SS R6 due to the weight mainly. I also heard there might be a fix with the internet connection issues? (although it might just be the firmware on my router).
I'm going to assume that the R6 on Musicteck is the final version? Can anyone on this forum confirm?

Thanks!
Did you happen to use with or without iematch?

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #3,604 of 6,622
Can anyone tell me where to look to find instructions for file copying between R6 and OSX or R6 and Windows 10?

I read about Syncmate, and it seemed to work (copying from my Mac to the R6), but when looking at the sd-card after the file copy was "done" nothing had changed on the R6's external sd-card, even though that's where I copied to.

I read about Commander One, and that didn't work at all.

Finally got a VM running (Windows 10) on VMWare Fusion, and everything seems to work, but, I don't know Windows well, so can't figure out the newbie/basic steps to even to the file copy.

At this point, I've blown $150 in software trying to figure this out.

And there seems to be no manual for the R6, at least, not on their website, and Google search didn't yield anything on the first two pages as far as I can tell.

I looked through some of this thread too, though not all of it.

If there are step by step instructions somewhere (maybe even a previous post), a link would be much appreciated.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #3,607 of 6,622
Not necessarily. You can transfer to the micro-SD through the R6 too. But it will nice to start with a clean slate by formatting the card on the Mac into exFat. Then it is wise to create a folder called Music, inside which you can transfer all your files even by connecting through your R6 and using an app like AFT or CommanderOne.

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #3,612 of 6,622
Can anyone tell me where to look to find instructions for file copying between R6 and OSX or R6 and Windows 10?

I read about Syncmate, and it seemed to work (copying from my Mac to the R6), but when looking at the sd-card after the file copy was "done" nothing had changed on the R6's external sd-card, even though that's where I copied to.

I read about Commander One, and that didn't work at all.

Finally got a VM running (Windows 10) on VMWare Fusion, and everything seems to work, but, I don't know Windows well, so can't figure out the newbie/basic steps to even to the file copy.

At this point, I've blown $150 in software trying to figure this out.

And there seems to be no manual for the R6, at least, not on their website, and Google search didn't yield anything on the first two pages as far as I can tell.

I looked through some of this thread too, though not all of it.

If there are step by step instructions somewhere (maybe even a previous post), a link would be much appreciated.

use handshaker, works like a charm to copy files to r6 ( bot software must be installed one one mac and the other on r6 )

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #3,613 of 6,622
FINALLY! I'm a dunce. I was using a generic USB-A to USC-C cable, which is why I was never getting the "USB - choose options"

Note to self, get an extra Hiby R6 USB cable to have one permanently attached to computer and one for travel....

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,614 of 6,622
BTW, thanks for all the suggestions. I blew through $150 and maybe 15 hours of random setups, when it should have just cost me $39 for Commander One.

Oh well, I'm using Commander One for the initial copy, but going forward, since I now have SyncMate as well and keep a copy of my SD-card content on my desktop (For use in keeping consistency with the R6, MP, and pretty soon, the upcoming R3), so I guess I can use Syncmate in the future to sync folders.

And I guess it's good that I paid the upgrades and did the work to get VMWare Fusion up to date, as well as upgrading my Windows OS to 10P.

All's well that ends well, I guess. Hahahaha. What a waste of a weekend, when all I had to do was use the native cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back