HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,476 of 6,622
@organofcorti

We shouldn't have to go through the hassle of having specific folders and files in every folder just to get the album art to work, what is this... 2005?

Poweramp and Blackplayer don't require you to do this and worked straight away, the way it should be.

Some of us have 100's of albums, what a pain is the a** to go through each one.
@Joe Bloggs already confirmed this is a bug and others are having the same issue.

Good for you tho :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,477 of 6,622
HI. A small comment about Fedex and taxes to pay in the European Union : I have just recieved the note from Fedex : 31 euros to pay (12.50 to Fedex for filling in the paper, and 18.50 euros taxes in Belgium).
BUT : reading the really bad copy of the european form Fedex joined in the letter, this was labelled to a third person : it was not done to my name, but to another unknown person living in my city.
I remember reading here comments about the way Fedex charged people, add this curious thing to the questions to direct to Fedex. I wrote to them to get the real invoice and proof they paid anything in my name.
Still happy about the amount to pay though. It could have been many times higher.

Apr 7, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,478 of 6,622
well, i have 200+ albums in my 400gb microsd card . i did it while waiting for my R6 to arrive so in the end i will just enjoy my music and not be dissapointed in the album art not displaying properly. So everytime I use my microsd card in my phone or other daps, Im assured that it will display properly. I am not using poweramp and blackplayer btw

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,479 of 6,622
I have been enjoying my R6 for almost 6 weeks now and never had a problem with album arts. I used mp3tag to tag mp3 and hires flac files. I also put the album art jpg file in every album forder and rename them to folder.jpg. For dsd and iso files, I make sure that the album art (folder.jpg) is in the album folder. Hiby music and neutron player display them perfectly. :)
I use Musicbee to manage and transfer my music from my computer to device and use their tag editing options to fix anything, including apply album art. I didn't have any album art problems while doing this when I was using my Fiio X1 II. I also know about mp3tag and used it to see if it would be a workaround but unfortunately it didn't work. Blackplayer and Poweramp displays them correctly but not the Hiby music app sadly :tired_face:

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,480 of 6,622
The ad I'm referring to is an ad for the R3, I do have Wi-fi on so maybe that's it? Anyway, it's not a BIG deal but it would be nice to not have to hit the "Skip"
the ad doesn't happen every time, I think maybe when you close the app altogether then restart, you should see it. as mentioned by @Jjc27

Anyway, I can live with the ad, the missing album art though really needs to be handled.
My WIFI is on 100% of the time and I have NEVER seen an ad on the R6. I haven't had any album art issues, either. Since @Joe Bloggs has committed to investigating the mishap that some are experiencing with album art, why does it keep being brought up? At least wait until the next update and see if the issue has been resolved. Reiterating the issue doesn't make it get corrected any sooner.

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2,481 of 6,622
I've been so hung up on the issues with album art that I've forgotten to mention another minor issue: if there are multiple artists that share the same word or same set of characters in the same order, the albums from one of the artists will appear on the other. For example, I have an artist in my library named ISON, and another named Venom Prison (they both have ISON in the name). ISON's albums also appear in Venom Prison's album list, though when you press on them they appear as if they were empty. They're fine on ISON's album list though.

Other examples would be Ghost's albums appearing in Ghost Bath's album list, Death's on Death Angel's, and so on.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #2,482 of 6,622
@Notrix The ad seems to be gone as of a past couple days, but it was there, all you see now is the "skip" button on the upper right corner. Sometimes reiterating the issue does force the issue to get corrected sooner, we bring it up so that Joe Bloggs know it's still bugging us and that it still matters, I've seen too many software companies sleep on it if it's no longer mentioned or played down.

@organofcorti Again, great that you made it a project before the Hiby arrived, but people like me just want it work without mass preparation.

@doomgazer Yup, I have the same issue with "Beck and Jeff Beck". I have a Jeff Beck album in the Beck album list.

I use Musicbee to manage and transfer my music from my computer to device and use their tag editing options to fix anything, including apply album art. I didn't have any album art problems while doing this when I was using my Fiio X1 II. I also know about mp3tag and used it to see if it would be a workaround but unfortunately it didn't work. Blackplayer and Poweramp displays them correctly but not the Hiby music app sadly :tired_face:

Same here.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,484 of 6,622
Still waiting for my R6 stainless. Checking that email every day for the shipment notification.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,485 of 6,622
Yes the waiting game can be a bit tedious :)

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #2,486 of 6,622
Still waiting for my R6 stainless. Checking that email every day for the shipment notification.

You are not alone, as said before in this thread it's the not knowing that kills. What really hurts is the fact the indiegogo page isn't updated and still has mine down as March!

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,488 of 6,622
Been very good and not ordered anything else to tide me over, and making do with a sony a35. Not bad but nothing earth shattering.
Yes i see you waiting patiently.. seriously how do you do it? Zen and the art of being an audiophile :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,489 of 6,622
Yes i see you waiting patiently.. seriously how do you do it? Zen and the art of being an audiophile :wink:

Actually tried a few of the alternatives in the fiio x5-III (twice) Cayin N5-II (once) and Pioneer xdp 100r and didn't like any of them for varying reasons. The Fiio I returned mainly due to lack of familiarity with android at the time (that's the one I sort of regret, mainly because of the price I paid for it at the time), the Cayin just didn't click with me (and it seems looking at the thread I may have dodged a bullet there bug wise anyway), and I did actually like the pioneer, but didn't like the design or size of it. Only other one's I'm interested right now (mainly out of boredom whilst I wait) are the dx150 and the shanling m0.

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,490 of 6,622
Actually tried a few of the alternatives in the fiio x5-III (twice) Cayin N5-II (once) and Pioneer xdp 100r and didn't like any of them for varying reasons. The Fiio I returned mainly due to lack of familiarity with android at the time (that's the one I sort of regret, mainly because of the price I paid for it at the time), the Cayin just didn't click with me (and it seems looking at the thread I may have dodged a bullet there bug wise anyway), and I did actually like the pioneer, but didn't like the design or size of it. Only other one's I'm interested right now (mainly out of boredom whilst I wait) are the dx150 and the shanling m0.
So you have been a bad boy after all :wink:
If you are giving attention to the M0 then why not little brother R3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back